Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit traffic slowdowns over and over on the way, I went to a neighboring town that should be an hour away, but took far longer. Only thing I bought at the good game store there was World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars for the PS3. It's got a poorly reprinted cover on it, and oddly the rating on the actual disc is German. Driving home I decided to stop off at a game store that stays open until midnight (the place was packed, lots of tabletop gaming going on) and picked up the collector's edition of the PS3 Harry Potter LEGO game for only $21.99, and those two import Japanese PS3 games, the one laying down is Lost Planet 2, and the second one I'm not sure about. It's a game about J-League Soccer, looking a lot like a management sim. I bought those two because they were $2.99 and $1.99 and I love imports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I stopped at a Half Price Books tonight and picked up a 2-pack of Steam controllers for $9.99. I was hoping to use them with my MacBook Air with OpenEmu, but turns out they don't work with it. I've always wanted to fool around with one, since they have such interesting looking control pads on them. There is a way to connect them to OpenEmu, but it apparently means pulling a controller configuration file from Steam and stick it in OpenEmu manually, but I don't have an active Steam account. Bummer. At least I didn't pay too much for them.
    Last edited by Steve W; 01-22-2023 at 09:55 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I stopped at a Half Price Books tonight and picked up a 2-pack of Steam controllers for $9.99. I was hoping to use them with my MacBook Air with OpenEmu, but turns out they don't work with it. I've always wanted to fool around with one, since they have such interesting looking control pads on them. There is a way to connect them to OpenEmu, but it apparently means pulling a controller configuration file from Steam and stick it in OpenEmu manually, but I don't have an active Steam account. Bummer. At least I didn't pay too much for them.
    oh man!
    i've never seen a steam controller out in the wild before, been looking for some for quite some time. how would you pull a controller config from steam, i might be able to help out. I've got steam installed to play the Gundam Evolution game. its like overwatch with gundams.

anyway i got a few OG Xbox games and a PSP "game" over the weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230124_054434277.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	10971

All the OG xbox games were half of at $2.50 ea and the PSP "game" was $5, i mainly bought it for the really good case it was in. in fact most of these were in really nice shape which is why i got some of them, if they were funky at all i woulda left em there... except for Mechassualt, been curious about that one.
    Also got a copy of Interstate 76, its the OG version released with the sidewinder force feedback pro but identical to the regular 97 retail release.

Interesting fact Interstate 76 uses the same game engine (heavily modified) as Mechwarrior 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I decided to stop at a Half Price Books on the way somewhere, and found a factory sealed Sega Saturn model kit for $14.99. I love when I find things like this, something I never knew existed until that moment, and then realized it's fairly cheap. Freakin' jackpot. Also picked up a PS4 game called The Ascent that has a heavy cyberpunk vibe, and a Coleco Gemini power supply and joystick/paddle combo controller. Weird that they didn't have the console to go with it.

Got to a GameXchange and picked up Bladed Fury and Granblue Fantasy: Versus for the PS4. I got excited because they had a smallish tabletop version of Galaga, not playing the NES version but the actual arcade game. It looked like it was manufactured by the same company that made my Asteroids jumbo tabletop game. Problem was, the price tag was too faded to read. The sales person informed me that it was $199.99. Ouch, too rich for my blood. My Asteroids cabinet was a little over $100, and it had an assortment of Atari games on it too. This was just one game. Bummer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I popped out today to the opposite side of Dallas to some stores I haven't been to in a while, bought Blacksad: Under the Skin and Another World for the PS4. There was a good store nearby called Game Haven that decided to drop video games and go all tabletop, it looks like they took all their unsold stock (they were an authorized Limited Run Games retailer) and dump in in this GameXchange. I recognize some of this stuff, including Another World.

Decided to go much farther north and stop at a Movie Trading Company, but on the way there I went to a Half Price Books and found a couple boxed VIC-20 games. Half a mile away at the Movie Trading Company store, I found a bunch of boxed VIC-20 games on their shelves, much to my shock. I don't recall seeing this many boxed VIC-20 games since the early '80, not even at retro game conventions.

In the end, I picked up Aggressor (by Llamasoft!) and Cloudburst, along with a Hong Kong multi-language release of Heavy Rain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

wow i didnt know they made congo bongo for vic20.
    on price charting it has no history of sales, might want to go back and grab that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yup, I went back and picked up that Congo Bongo.

I hit a bunch of Half Price Books since I've been having really good luck with them lately, but all I picked up was that 4-port HDMI switch. One place did have an Xbox One for $99, and I debated it for a while. But the Xbox One selections at game stores and stuff aren't too impressive. Mostly it's stuff already on the PS4, and nothing all that quirky. That's why I love the PS4, it's got craploads of oddball stuff on it, the Xbox One's library seems limited in comparison.

That Blazblue Calamity Trigger case is some kind of collector's edition disc set that the Movie Trading Company was selling for $2.99. A different location was selling the European version of Superhot VR. From the back of the box it looks like a Killer 7 tribute or something. The Nexomon game looks like a blatant Pokemon rip-off, I picked it up out of curiosity. And I bought the PS3 Mortal Kombat vs. the DC Universe movie bundle and the Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online PS4 game a couple of days ago.

At the Movie Trading Company that I bought Superhot VR, they had a boxed VIC-20 game in their display cases. Somebody must have sold off a ton of VIC-20 stuff, for me to run into them at three different places. Freakin' bizarre. It just occurred to me that I need to stop at the main Half Price Books location in Dallas and see if they've got even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Nice, glad it was still there...

I havent found squat again for a while so i have been "hunting" via other means, mainly i caught a good item streak on the goodwill auction site. its also changed a lot since i was last on there. I think so many people got sick of people running up the prices and left and now you can get some pretty decent deals again. nothing like it was when i first found it years ago but ok enough.

Name:	PXL_20230130_024642784.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	10974

Burger Burger Pocket (GBC) $20 shipped

this was something i found while looking for something else on ebay actually, and since i had just got the PSX version i added it to my watch list and on payday the seller offered it for like $5 off so i figured why not

Name:	PXL_20230204_070358489.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	10975

Pocky & Rocky Remastered (SW) $23
    Tetris JP (GB) $10
    Wii U System $120 Shipped

This is mostly amazon stuff, pocky and rocky, the raspberry pi looking thing (ROC-RK3328-CC) and the add on wireless charger were to use up a giftcard i had. Tetris is from a hunt to find the Version 1.0 different music, it was advertised as such but it is not (wrong sticker) i noticed after mine shipped the seller reused the old listing and is trying to sell another. The Wii U was my first goodwill auction from this round, i havent been able to find a wii u for under $180 before shipping with a game pad lately so when i got this for about $120 shipped i figured thats as good as its gonna get for the time being. the console it self is in worse shape than the game pad which is a little odd but it all works and if you saw my thread in the tech and resto section its mainly for mods and tinkering, didnt want to ruin my really nice one i bought new.

Name:	PXL_20230211_073100682.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	10976

One Hundred One Dollar Bills (Used) (USD) $100

today was my birfhday and people kept asking what i wanted so i told them a bundle of ones for the vending machine at work.
    well they almost got it right, i did ask for uncirculated but most of these should work.

Name:	PXL_20230211_073142682.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	10977

Stadia Controller (Wasabi Green) $55(!) Shipped
    Neptunia Virtual Stars (PS4) $35 Shipped
    Lost Judgement (New) (PS4) $15

I paid way too much for this green stadia controller, i wanted one since the service shut down and they are patching them to work over bluetooth or USB as a standard controller. they are super well built stout things, d-pad works well but is a little clicky for my likes but the rest of the buttons are really good and its surprisingly comfortable. And since the service was a flop most of them are in excellent condition still, even new in boxes. I got this to use for my PC with the BT and all, plus i felt like using my 50 mil PS4 controller was accelerating its wear and its one of my faves. This showed up earlier this week.
    anyway i knew they made green ones but i have never seen any for sale anywhere and apparently not many other people did, hence the price. this was a goodwill auction find, most of the others go for and $15 or $20, color makes a difference, if your a controller collector there are only 5 colors to get, white basic, black/white, navy blue/orange, "Wasabi green" (mine here), and a Dev only (supposedly) Clear.

Neptunia arrived today from goodwill auction, after shipping it came in right at pricecharting average and it looks new minus the plastic wrap missing
    Lost Judgement was on sale at Fred Meyer today for ~$45 off and it got good reviews when i looked it up in store so for $15, why not.
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 02-11-2023 at 02:14 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No idea on VIC-20 stuff, but it seems like a pretty obscure console (then again with retro computer youtubers...) that $25 for a game sounds like it would be a lot for a large chain store to ask (who'd have to price things based on what someone coming in to the store was likely to pay... as I sometimes remind my friend of the time I passed up a Stadium Events at GameStop for $9 in 2002. I am the sort to buy games I intend to actually play, and thought those rumors had to be some kind of joke.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove out to Azle, TX to try out a newly opened retro game store (they didn't even have a sign up, I circled the strip mall a few times before I spotted a poster in a window). They didn't have much in yet. I picked up Deus Ex Augmented Edition for the PS3 there. Then I stopped at a Movie Trading Company and bought the PS4 remaster of Doom 64. Later I stopped at a GameStop in a mall and picked up American Fugitive and Connectank.

In the past week I've ordered a few PS4 games off Amazon, Pinball Arcade and Pinball Arcade Season 2, Lost Sphear, and... Garfield Kart Furious Racing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I decided to check out the Half Price Books "headquarters" store over the Dallas area, wondering if even more VIC-20 boxed games might be there. Nope, nothing. They did have maybe 50 or more copies each of Borderlands 2 for the Xbox 360 and Medevil Moves for the PS3. Just those two games, over and over. Had a whole endcap full of them. Weird.

I broke down and bought Oniken & Odallus Collection for the PS4 - it's been there for some time, I couldn't resist any more. I then went to the Movie Trading Company "headquarters" location right down the road and bought the Evercade cartridge Gaelco Arcade 1.

I don't know what's going on, but there's a proverbial poop-ton of Japanese import PS2 games around. That Half Price Books and Movie Trading Company had stacks of them. The Movie Trading Company had loads of import PS1 and Saturn shooters, too. There's seemingly piles of Japanese games around the Dallas area for some reason, maybe in the past year. I wonder who decided to sell them off, and why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't done much game hunting in the past few days. Scarlet Nexus, Ether One, and Touhou Genso Rondo Bullet Ballet for the PS4 were from Wednesday, and today I picked up Cat Quest for the PS4 and Redux, a Japanese homebrew import for the Dreamcast. The screenshots on the back are pretty amazing, and it's region-free. Now all I have to do is figure out where my nephew put my Dreamcast at.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I don't find too much too often anymore, but I did find a DVD bundle locally from the classifieds several days ago. I ended up getting everything for $250 which is more than I usually spend on DVDs but it's all specifically the types of movies I like, various Hong Kong martial arts movies including import releases. These don't turn up too often locally, at least not all together rather than just a few mixed in with mostly random generic Hollywood releases. There's a few bootlegs included which I'll get rid of but only a few so it's not too bad.

These photos I saved from the ad, I didn't have time to take photos of everything myself so I just used the existing photos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I played a little "catch and release" this weekend. I took my Mom out shopping for stuff at the local St. Vinny's and saw in their locked case they have a BUNCH of video game stuff. She doesn't have a DVD player so I spied two PS3 slims, no cables, for $25 a pop. I was tempted but she said she didn't need it (yet). That night, the DVD player at one of the wife's Air BnB apartment died so I thought a PS3 would work great. I went back yesterday and they were gone.

They also had a couple Xbox 360s-What I think is a "360 E" and then a Type S with a Kinect. The Kinect bundle looked to be $30, I'm not sure about the "E". I was tempted as my daughter said her Mom doesn't play the 360 anymore and I have a bunch of games on my Microsoft account (which is tied to me as I needed it for some set ups for work). I would LIKE to get one again but I'm in that mindset of "when would I play it?". It'd just be one more thing that sits in a container, waiting for its moment to shine. Even as I sit here I'm pondering on it and it's payday and I know my younger kids would love to play "Kinect Party". Maybe I'll have to clear out something that doesn't get played to bring it what might.

I did pickup a couple things that were hiding in the cabinet: a Nintendo branded N64 power supply (as mine has a 3rd party one and my N64 doesn't always like to kick on) for $7 and a Nintendo Brand N64 rumble pak for $15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went to work on Monday only to find out they'd rewritten my schedule without telling me and I wasn't supposed to be there. Filled with the happiness that I wouldn't have to toil away for eight hours for a company that doesn't appreciate me and dealing with customers that ignore all other staff and hound me all day with the most basic of questions (you have no idea how many times a day I have to tell idiots that the restrooms are through the doors with the sign marked "restrooms" that they were just staring at), I set off.

Ys VIII and Offroad Racing - Buggy X ATV X Moto were from the first Game Xchange store I went to, and 8 Bit Armies and Sniper Elite III Collector's Edition were from the second. Everything's for the PS4. The Sniper Elite III game was only $8.99, the same price as the regular version. It seems to have all the stuff inside - dog tags, sniper bullet flashlight keychain, paper shooting target, and bundle of various papers and maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I pulled the trigger on the X360E. No accessories but it looked clean and had the 500GB hard drive. The price sticker was $20, which is a good price if the thing actually works. If not, cash goes to a good cause.

I took it to a local game store who had a power supply for it. The dude plugged it in and the machine powered up! It read discs, the old user's profiles were there and it hummed along just fine. The clerk felt around the vents and said the machine was blowing air pretty well. He asked how much I paid for it and I told him. He just hung his head "they NEVER have that kind of stuff when I go there".

"Typically they don't when I go either. A couple weeks ago they had some 3DS systems going for $150." I didn't tell him about the PS3 Slims.

I was able to buy the power supply with store credit and he threw in a Kinect for free. I have controllers at home so total price: $35.

Now to get this sucker hooked up, wiped and log in with my old profile. I will FIND time to play it, dang it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I like seeing the list of games that the previous owners of the console had played. My used 360 had loads of knuckle-dragging-style games - nothing but sports games, Call of Duty and Battlefield games, and the like. And the username? "Darth Baller". Cringe as hell.

I'd love another PS3 slim, I want to install a jumbo-sized HD into it so I don't have to keep struggling against the limits of the 120GB drive that's in mine. My nephew has one for me (he works in his church's thrift store, he buys up anything videogame related for me and himself, and anything Godzilla related for my sister) but I'm not sure how to get an operating system on it, especially using a Mac. I have to wait until summer to get that PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i grabbed a Mar10 day switch bundle. i was thinking about it and i didnt have a standard switch for when i get a place to hook to a tv so i figured why not, i wanted mario kart anyway so after that it kinda makes a $300 system like $240 with a $60 game.

no one had these out, i had to ask some one at target and they only had 5. its probably going to be one of those sets in the future that every one wants but no one is willing to buy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I took advantage of a Wii U eShop sale and got “Dungeons and Dragons” arcade pack and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for $3 each.

Past weekend I got Kinect Adventures complete for $5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I bought Ion Fury off the PS4 online store, and it was amazing. They really did an outstanding job with it, giving me everything I want in an old-school FPS. So much so that I ordered a physical copy off Amazon so I'd ensure I'd have a disc of it going into the future. I ordered a European version since it was half the price of the Limited Run Games US version.