Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Hit traffic slowdowns over and over on the way, I went to a neighboring town that should be an hour away, but took far longer. Only thing I bought at the good game store there was World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars for the PS3. It's got a poorly reprinted cover on it, and oddly the rating on the actual disc is German. Driving home I decided to stop off at a game store that stays open until midnight (the place was packed, lots of tabletop gaming going on) and picked up the collector's edition of the PS3 Harry Potter LEGO game for only $21.99, and those two import Japanese PS3 games, the one laying down is Lost Planet 2, and the second one I'm not sure about. It's a game about J-League Soccer, looking a lot like a management sim. I bought those two because they were $2.99 and $1.99 and I love imports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I stopped at a Half Price Books tonight and picked up a 2-pack of Steam controllers for $9.99. I was hoping to use them with my MacBook Air with OpenEmu, but turns out they don't work with it. I've always wanted to fool around with one, since they have such interesting looking control pads on them. There is a way to connect them to OpenEmu, but it apparently means pulling a controller configuration file from Steam and stick it in OpenEmu manually, but I don't have an active Steam account. Bummer. At least I didn't pay too much for them.
    Last edited by Steve W; 01-22-2023 at 10:55 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I stopped at a Half Price Books tonight and picked up a 2-pack of Steam controllers for $9.99. I was hoping to use them with my MacBook Air with OpenEmu, but turns out they don't work with it. I've always wanted to fool around with one, since they have such interesting looking control pads on them. There is a way to connect them to OpenEmu, but it apparently means pulling a controller configuration file from Steam and stick it in OpenEmu manually, but I don't have an active Steam account. Bummer. At least I didn't pay too much for them.
    oh man!
    i've never seen a steam controller out in the wild before, been looking for some for quite some time. how would you pull a controller config from steam, i might be able to help out. I've got steam installed to play the Gundam Evolution game. its like overwatch with gundams.

anyway i got a few OG Xbox games and a PSP "game" over the weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230124_054434277.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	10971

All the OG xbox games were half of at $2.50 ea and the PSP "game" was $5, i mainly bought it for the really good case it was in. in fact most of these were in really nice shape which is why i got some of them, if they were funky at all i woulda left em there... except for Mechassualt, been curious about that one.
    Also got a copy of Interstate 76, its the OG version released with the sidewinder force feedback pro but identical to the regular 97 retail release.

Interesting fact Interstate 76 uses the same game engine (heavily modified) as Mechwarrior 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I decided to stop at a Half Price Books on the way somewhere, and found a factory sealed Sega Saturn model kit for $14.99. I love when I find things like this, something I never knew existed until that moment, and then realized it's fairly cheap. Freakin' jackpot. Also picked up a PS4 game called The Ascent that has a heavy cyberpunk vibe, and a Coleco Gemini power supply and joystick/paddle combo controller. Weird that they didn't have the console to go with it.

Got to a GameXchange and picked up Bladed Fury and Granblue Fantasy: Versus for the PS4. I got excited because they had a smallish tabletop version of Galaga, not playing the NES version but the actual arcade game. It looked like it was manufactured by the same company that made my Asteroids jumbo tabletop game. Problem was, the price tag was too faded to read. The sales person informed me that it was $199.99. Ouch, too rich for my blood. My Asteroids cabinet was a little over $100, and it had an assortment of Atari games on it too. This was just one game. Bummer.