Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, these were put out at the end of 2021. I'd think it was easier to make Blu-Rays (since they're still a current format) than it would be to make UMDs.

I bought Class of Heroes 2G for the PS3, but it's shrinkwrapped with a special hologram sticker from the publisher on it that makes me not want to open it. So I fired up my emulator and played Class of Heroes 2 for the PSP - yeesh, I'm glad I didn't open my PS3 copy. Massive amounts of dialog because you end up talking to absolutely everybody in the entire school before you can even consider starting the RPG. I gave up after 30 minutes and I still hadn't learned a thing about the game mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i've been fortunate over the last month or so to acquire several mostly complete super nes games...mortal kombat (cib), super sf2 (cib), street fighter 2 turbo (game/box), out of this world (cib), populous (cib)...the weird thing about these...is none have the cardboard tray that holds the game...whoever the guy was that brought these into the local store...said his dad used those to display the games...but his dad passed away and he cant locate the trays..

also just got Back 4 Blood on xbox one today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I wemt to a couple Half Price Books that I haven't been to in a long time tonight, didn't find anything. But I then stopped at a Movie Trading Company and found a PS3 copy of The Simpsons Game. I haven't seen a copy of this since summer of 2020 when lockdowns hit and everybody scrambled for games and consoles to be stuck indoors with for months. There's one game store out in the country that had something like three copies, none of which had the original cases. Finally, I can remove one of the hard-to-find games off my PS3 list. If I could only find a copy of World Of Outlaws: Sprint Cars (in its original case), I'd truly be happy.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I knew I had one version of that game. The PS2 version. That would've been very late for the PS2, but then I think that was from the days when a PS3 still cost five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars, so I guess it's hard to estimate which would be rarer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a couple GameXchange stores and a Half Price Books location, I only bought Great Giana Sisters and an English version of Oneechanbara Z2 Chaos for the PS4. I have a Japanese version of this game, but thought since it's only $12.99 I'll get the one I can understand. The PS VR Demo Disc was a freebie given to me by the clerk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went out to the really good game store in the area, came home with Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae and Darius HD for the PS4. There's another place in that area that also has games and older stuff, I only picked up Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania for the PS4, oddly still shrinkwrapped.

There's a sweet arcade next door that thankfully survived the covid restrictions and lockdowns. They've changed things out since I've been there probably a couple years ago. Their Heavy Barrel/Time Soldiers machine seems to be screwed up, that's the one I always go for first. The fire buttons and joystick would barely register.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

While burning off all my personal holidays from work this week, I've been doing a lot of game hunting. But today I didn't find anything. Went several places, found nothing of interest. That's why I broke down and bought an Evercade VS. and a Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood cartridge. Spent way more than I had planned to today.

But afterwards I stopped at a couple other places like a Half Price Books and picked up a Hot Wheels NX-01 Enterprise, and an import One-Piece PS3 game. Later I stopped at a Movie Trading Company and picked up that Kromaia Omega for the PS4. Even more money that I probably shouldn't have spent. But I couldn't allow myself to let another NX-01 slip through my hands, I love the design of that ship and I let a gigantic Eaglemoss version pass by me maybe a year ago. In my defense, I didn't buy myself anything for my birthday or Christmas this year, so I can maybe kinda sorta justify it? Maybe?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i've been busy the last few weeks with the holidays and new job and what not.
    there were some days when i got home i couldnt even get to my computer to check things out.
    so heres the catch up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230103_034454670.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	10964
    Wing Commander III (PSX) $25
    Mad Maestro (PS2) $5

i got these xmas eve. i knew xmas was going to be a shit show so i went and got out of the house. went to a neighboring town that has a game store with a friend and picked these up. Kinda disappointed, not in the price but i didnt realize that wing commander came in a long box version. so i'll be getting one of those later.

Name:	PXL_20221228_073046827.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	10965

Name:	PXL_20221228_073057695.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	10966

this finally came the day after xmas. its the game i submitted at PRGE for CGC as a test. so 2 and a half months (about) i guess thats ok but i'll post about it in the other thread about it

Name:	PXL_20230103_034512844.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	10967

Persona 5 Strikers (PS4) New $5
    Mario Kart (Wii) $5
    Guitar Hero Aerosmith (Wii) $5
    Wii Play (Wii)

these are all complete and all came from goodwill yesterday. i also got a nice, new, salesforce backpack for $12.
    They had a bunch of new copies of Persona for PS4 and some other game called outriders i think. it didnt look interesting to me so i didnt get it. i might get another copy of persona if its still there, feels like a game that didnt get much recognition and might be sought after in the future. GH Aerosmith is like the only game in that series that holds any value. a friend got it for free and managed to trade it off for about $15 and every one seemed excited about it at the convention, it might become trade bait but its still strange to me that this is the one that is worth anything.

Name:	PXL_20230103_034852688.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	10968

All Wii and WiiU games $110
    PS4 VR Demo 2.0 $2.50

These are from today. All the Wii and Wii U games came from an OfferUp deal. it was an old post (about 6 months old) they still had everything listed except the mario and sonic olympic games which is no big.
    some of them are missing manuals, all of them are kinda beat up and a little sticky but the discs are decent and the price was ok for what they were. I wanted the Zelda games so i dont have to open my sealed misprint and the extra wii games are going to go out with systems, probably as gifts for some peoples.

i'm sure i'm missing some stuff but its nothing major. Just been workin and trying to find a place of my own. rentals are a big problem here still. most of them want like $1500 for a studio. there are others still around this price but not many. however these are not going at all and have been empty for months now. hopefully this is the start of a correction and this whole mentality of being able to live on your own with out a room mate is a luxury thing will stop.

hell they treat housing in general as a luxury here and its pretty shitty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have the longbox (cardboard) if WCIII.

I too live in DFW. What part of the metroplex is that arcade at Steve?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The arcade is called the Quarter Lounge Arcade in Bedford, off Brown Trail in a weird old building that had to have been houses once. It's next door to a place called Retro Madness that has video games and collectible toys (they have two other locations, Arlington and Fort Worth, both are slighly better stores) and a little farther down is a horror themed store I've never been in.

There's a place kind of nearby called Electric Starship Arcade, over in Haltom City. I've never been there - they only seem to be open in the middle of the week and I never remember to stop by when I'm in the area. And not too far away is Found It Electronics and Video Games, my favorite game store in the Metroplex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Cool!

I like the Movie Trading Company over on that side of town. They always have something I’m interested in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

First thing I did today was go get an oil change. They charged me $108! They didn't ask me what kind of oil I wanted, they just put in the most expensive synthetic oil. I was pissed off, so the sales person took off $15. So I'm now in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I'd been going to that Jiffy Lube for a couple decades or more, and I won't go back now. Good job, guys. And my "change oil now" light is still on. That's annoying.

I ended up dropping by a Half Price Books and picked up an Australian copy of Don Bradman Cricket 14. I have no interest in sports games and evel less in cricket, but I love PS3 imports and finding games that I don't have. Then I noticed in their glass case Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. Nice, another one I don't have since prices spiked really high for Spider-Man games during lockdown and have finally gone back down to sane levels. At least that cheered me up a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I swear I go in cycles with stuff. In fact I KNOW I do. For sheer lack of space (and general disinterest from my kids) I had parted with my Tandy Color Computer and games years back. I thought I'd never get back into it. The nag was still there as I have a program listing from my Dad's adventure game that I don't have on tape or disk (as I backed up my tapes and disks about 20 years ago) on top of, well, it was a part of my childhood I never really DOVE into. I didn't have the patience then to really whip up programs as I was the kind of kid who built plastic models quick to play with them while the glue was still drying. Just last year I dumped some Rainbow and Hot CoCo magazines. Oh I'd still look at eBay listings but always steered clear. Too expensive, even for a CoCo 2. More than I would spend anyway.

Last month on Atari Age, someone posted a sale on Atari Age a sale for a 64K CoCo 2 with a bunch of cartridges and 4 of the black non-centering joysticks. I think in America money (as the sale was from a Canadian) it was a total of maybe $100, most of which went to shipping. So I got the following:

Tandy 64K Color Computer 2 (made in the USA!)
    Cartridge storage case
    4 black joysticks (non center kind-which I grew up with)
    Chess (w/ manual)
    Color File (w/manual)
    Dungeons of Dagorath
    Galactic AttackMath Bingo
    Mega-Bug
    Skiing (w/ manual)Typing Tutor
    Videotex
    Canyon Climber
    Dino Wars (w/ manual)
    Gomoku/Renju
    Microbes
    Reactiod
    Spidercide
    Temple of Rom

I've also been itching to get back into making videos so this is my fire in which to light my butt to do it. To kick this along more, I did get some essentials:

Communication cable for tape recorders $15 (brand new-modern made)
    CoCo SDC $76 (had to get from the UK)
    Tandy Deluxe Joystick $15
    Downland (cart only-my first ever CoCo cart I ever bought as a kid) $5

I tested the system out and my young boys went absolutely NUTS for Dino Wars! I never played it but it's a simple dinosaur fighting game where you have to essentially bite the butt of your opponent. You can go left and right but also can go back towards the background and forward up to the screen-so an early 3D brawler (biter?). It pauses when you bite/roar but that didn't deter them. They just giggled like idiots. The fight goes on until one's health is low and then the loser wanders automatically into the background, whimpering.

I can't wait to try Dungeons of Daggorath again BUT I don't have a tape recorder. My Walkman will suffice for loading but I can't save my game in DoD (unless I have a hacked version on disk somewhere). I did load up my SDC with ALL my virtual disks (my own and what I've acquired) so hopefully this weekend I'll be able to try it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    First thing I did today was go get an oil change. They charged me $108! They didn't ask me what kind of oil I wanted, they just put in the most expensive synthetic oil. I was pissed off, so the sales person took off $15. So I'm now in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I'd been going to that Jiffy Lube for a couple decades or more, and I won't go back now. Good job, guys. And my "change oil now" light is still on. That's annoying.
    what kind of car?
    a lot of them are simple resets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've got a Fiat 500C. When COVID hit, I had to get an oil change and the Valvoline place I went to wouldn't let me out of the car, and afterwards they told me how to do it. Turn the key slightly until the electrical system comes on, pump the gas five times hard. I just found the text I sent to my brother back then about it, and I just realized I've been pumping the brake 5 times. Which is why the light hasn't turned off, I've been hitting the wrong pedal. Can a day go by without me feeling like an idiot? That would be nice.

I bought a copy of Elite Dangerous for the PS4 a few days ago, and a copy of Bloody Roar on the GameCube for a co-worker who's been looking for a copy for years. I didn't take a picture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    I can't wait to try Dungeons of Daggorath again BUT I don't have a tape recorder. My Walkman will suffice for loading but I can't save my game in DoD (unless I have a hacked version on disk somewhere). I did load up my SDC with ALL my virtual disks (my own and what I've acquired) so hopefully this weekend I'll be able to try it out.
    Cassette software is just audio, couldn't you just save your game directly to your desktop/laptop computer in a lossless audio format as a sound file?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Cassette software is just audio, couldn't you just save your game directly to your desktop/laptop computer in a lossless audio format as a sound file?
    I'd have to check if my laptop is even capable of handling a microphone input. It has a headphone jack but I'm not sure if it does double duty and if it does I have no idea if the plug is compatible as I've never tried anything like that. My tower has no room near it to set up the CoCo or my tube TV. Getting this thing put together is a small project of finding room and hooking everything up. A tape recorder is portable, already compatible and fills the "nostalgia" itch.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Yes, plenty of people have been doing this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    I'd have to check if my laptop is even capable of handling a microphone input. It has a headphone jack but I'm not sure if it does double duty and if it does I have no idea if the plug is compatible as I've never tried anything like that. My tower has no room near it to set up the CoCo or my tube TV. Getting this thing put together is a small project of finding room and hooking everything up. A tape recorder is portable, already compatible and fills the "nostalgia" itch.
    People have been using various audio players to play the cassette audio to the CoCo, including MP3 players that can handle multiple types of audio formats.

You don't even need to backup the tapes yourself, there's already an archive of these tapes converted to audio files.
    https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Cassettes/Games/

I haven't found a specific guide to using these files yet, but I'm sure one can be found on google. So far I've just found forum type posts where people just say they've successfully played audio files to load software on their old computers including the CoCo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a bunch of places today - at the first game store I picked up Youtubers Life 2 (which comes across as a dressed-up phone game, but it's odd so I couldn't resist) and Those Who Remain: Deluxe Edition. Next place I picked up the two PS4 fishing games for my brother, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Steelbook Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, and the little Spy Hunter arcade cab. The next place I picked up Monark, and the place after that was Atelier Rorona Plus and Phoenix Point. And the Evercade game was waiting on my doorstep from Amazon when I got home. All in all, a good day game hunting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i havent got much lately again.
    i got TMNT Shredders Revenge the other day from the pushy game stop

i got this on ebay
    Burger Burger Hamburger Simulator (PSX) $37 shipped (from a warzone)

Name:	PXL_20230118_070719533.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	10970

So i ordered this game a few weeks ago, thinking it was going to come from japan. It is a japanese game after all.
    Anyway, no it came from the Ukraine... I bought a japanese game from a slavic warzone and it came in a pretty smooshed box but its practically mint.
    I'm impressed. Plus i'm sure my few bucks helped some one out.

frankly if it came obliterated or melted or not at all i would have still let it ride.