Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yesterday I hit a Movie Trading Company, one that has had a few foreign PS3 games on the shelf, hoping they might have something cool. All I bought there was The Talos Principle. Went to a GameXchange looking for interesting VR games and bought Race The Sun and Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, a Japanese import. And for the styrofoam head I keep my VR helmet on I bought a wig, some clip-on cat ears, and a neck warmer from the Japanese dollar store Daiso because I'm weird and I wanted to give it some character.

i have to ask does it have googly eyes yet?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    And for the styrofoam head I keep my VR helmet on I bought a wig, some clip-on cat ears, and a neck warmer from the Japanese dollar store Daiso because I'm weird and I wanted to give it some character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh i totally forgot about that...

please dont french it

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

King of the Hill seems to be a universally loved TV show. I remember that ep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nah, I haven't done anything too much with it, no googly eyes. That kind of thing doesn't matter since its eyes are covered by the VR helmet.

I'm burning off the last of my vacation time, four days and some personal holidays, so I'm out of town again. Went to a GameXchange and bought a Steelbook version of Persona 5, Raiden V: Director's Cut, and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood VR. That last one might be a good one for me... the freeroaming VR games have been making me almost instantly motion sick, maybe being on literal rails (it's a rollercoaster game but the animatronics attack you) might help with that. Oddly, mine says "Not for resale" like its a pack-in but I've never seen it at any other store before so it's not common enough to be a pack-in. I'll have to research that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

rush of blood was an early PSVR pack in...

i remember it being kind of an odd choice for a pack in when i worked at wally world

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-19-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Oh, that makes sense. Since I typed that I had never seen that game anywhere before I suddenly started seeing it everywhere. And I bought my PS VR second hand so I had no idea what the original pack-in was.

I've just come home from vacation, and stopped briefly at a GameXchange along the way to buy Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition and another charger cable for the PS3 controller. A couple of days ago I picked up Mad Max and Deception IV - The Nightmare Princess at a 2nd and Charles store. Also bought a couple used manga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

went by gamestop tonight. they are running a buy 3 get 2 free on all used games 19.99 and under....ended up with days gone, and nioh 2 on ps4 and bought mud runner, state of decay 2, and madden 20 on xbox one....cost $61 BUT after a visit with inlaws yesterday i got a gift card for $50 to gamestop so ended up only coming out of my pocket $11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Today's my birthday, and my current boss is less dickish than my previous one so I was allowed to have the day off. I got myself a great meal (grilled Australian barramundi topped with lump crab meat) and hit a great but difficult to get to game store that's too annoying to reach to go to very often. Bought Labyrnth of Refrain, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, and Valfaris. Not pictured was a cheap third-party PS3 wired controller I bought used to replace my stand-by since it won't charge any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i got a new copy of Trover Saves the Universe for $10 a target last night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The wife wanted to do a family fondue party, so I went out to the thrifts during lunch today. I found skewers along with a $5 V Smile system with Kung Fu Panda to replace one my kids have that always freezes. This one would power on when you plugged in power, so that told me it thought a game was inserted. A generous squirt of contact cleaner and a couple insertions of a cartridge and it was working fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't been posting my pickups as of late for whatever reason, so I've got a couple pics grafted together of the games I've picked up in the games I've picked up on my several days off.

I spent $29.99 for Defender's Quest from Limited Run games, and it turns out it's basically a phone game that doesn't use any of the power of the PS4, and has artwork that looks like something off Tumblr.

Ping Pong VR was a UK release that I didn't think was brought out over here, and when I see these kinds of things I feel the need to snap them up because I might not ever see it again.

I've played some of Abzu, and it's not as much of a game as it is an experience made to chill you out. It's beautiful and I have no idea what the goals are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a good game store in my hunt for a decent selection of games for the PS4. I don't go to GameStop if I don't have a gun to my head (I stopped going there around the era of the Nokia N-Gage being clearanced, it's gotten much worse since then) and there's several Game X Change stores around along with Movie Trading Company stores, but they don't have the biggest selections. There's lots of quirky little games for the PS4 along with oddball Japanese titles that generally don't end up in those places. I really like going to a higher end game store that has maybe 500 different PS4 games on the shelf, a good chunk of which are new. And not too expensive, either.

I saw a short YouTube of gameplay of Gal*Gun, and it looked so stupid and bizarre I just had to track it down at a Movie Trading Company and get it. Gunvolt, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2, and Risk of Rain 2 came from Game Trade in Mesquite, TX. Great store. When it comes to the PS3 and PS4, they carry stuff I've never found at any other store. That's great for the collector in me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I haven't been looking for games that much lately, a few overnight shifts thrown in to my regular work shifts have thrown my sleep schedule off so much I can't seem to get out of bed and do anything before everything closes. But today I bought a UK version of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for the PS3, and Kero Blaster for the PS4, still sealed. It's another Limited Run Games release, with no description or screenshots on the back to give you the slightest idea what it's about. I bought it on a whim, above several other Limited Run Games that caught my eye. Are Limited Run Games really this common, or is it just in my area (I believe the company's headquartered in the Dallas area)?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Got the following Genesis boxes for $3 ea.

Alex Kidd Enchanted Castle
    Bio Hazard Battle
    Contra: Hard Corps
    Mega Turrican
    TMNT Tournament Fighters
    Truxton

as well as, for $10, an analog-less white PS1 controller which I believe is rare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i actually bought a thing

i got from a local store:
    Formula One Built To Win $20
    Rad Gravity $15
    Mega Man Legends 2 $100

i kinda splurged on legends 2 but i havent found one locally in really good shape like this one ever so i figured i would just go for it
    average sold complete is $92 at time of purchase, $8 more is worth it to know what i am getting and not have to deal with shipping

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

bought a PVM. the picture looks as good as my HDTV, at lwast with 240p content. there are some issues that need correcting but I don't know if I'll ever get around to adjusting the pots to correct those issues. just happy to have a decent looking CRT for a change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh wow a PVM with whats going on in the world right now, howd you manage that?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It was a good month financially for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Since I'm working overnights pretty much permanently from now on, I haven't been going out searching for games too much. There's a GameXchange store right next to my place of work, and I haven't been in it for a while. So I finally went there last night, picked up Black Clover - Quarter Knights, Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story, Rock of Ages - Make & Break, and Death's Gambit. Today I woke up really early, so I went to another GameXchange across town and bought Destroy All Humans Remastered, Utawarerumono - Mask of Deception, and the movie UHF tonight. I was listening to a podcast yesterday where they were talking about how great the Blu-Ray for UHF was with all the extra content tacked on, so I just had to get it.