Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I hope to convince the manager at GameXchange to let me reimburse them for what they paid out to her for my games and get the rest back.
    Shocking to what I'd have thought about laws regarding protection against stolen merchandise being sold at pawn shops...
    it sounds like it's normal for laws to be like "if you can prove you legally own merchandise, you are entitled to only pay the store back what they paid the thief, in order to get your stuff back".
    But I'm guess I'm wrong in thinking it should be the thief legally responsible for paying back the store, since they were ones that received the payment. Pro-business ruling, since good luck getting a thief to pay up. Make the legal owner pay ransom for their own goods.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Well, here's an update on the theft... I have almost all of my games back. My brother's been communicating with the woman who stole my stuff, and got her to give back all the stuff she hadn't yet tried to sell in order to get me to drop the police charges. So, other than the games she had already sold to the GameXchange, everything's back (except for my copy of Cotton Fantasy for the PS4, she said there was no disc inside - which makes me wonder if somehow she lost it someplace, one of her scummy friends took it, or did the game store I bought it at last month accidentally not include the disc?). I hope to convince the manager at GameXchange to let me reimburse them for what they paid out to her for my games and get the rest back. I also wanted to replace my copy of Cotton Fantasy, so I ordered another one off Amazon. And while I was there, I ordered Umihara Kawase Bazooka and Cotton Reboot for the PS4 as well.
    Don't drop the charges, especially since you still didn't get back everything and she still didn't pay you for everything she didn't still have. She's still supposed to give you your property even if she's charged, it's dumb that she's trying to bribe or extort you with your own property.

If you drop the charges then asking the game store to sell you those games for cheap sounds more like you're trying to scam them. Just don't drop the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Shocking to what I'd have thought about laws regarding protection against stolen merchandise being sold at pawn shops...
    it sounds like it's normal for laws to be like "if you can prove you legally own merchandise, you are entitled to only pay the store back what they paid the thief, in order to get your stuff back".
    But I'm guess I'm wrong in thinking it should be the thief legally responsible for paying back the store, since they were ones that received the payment. Pro-business ruling, since good luck getting a thief to pay up. Make the legal owner pay ransom for their own goods.
    The store already gave him back various games and refused to accept payment for them, probably because accepting payment for stolen goods would be illegal and they'd get in trouble for it. It sounds like Steve W realized he had more games missing than he originally thought, and was going to go back to the store to mention additional titles.

You're right about the thief needing to pay for those games, she should be held accountable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I doubt that the girl even has a job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

She doesn't have a job, she's on disability due to several medical issues including cancer. And she would never pay me back, she has no way to unless she steals it from somebody else. I just want all of this over and done with, and forget that it ever happened. I went through this weird depression after it happened due to that feeling of violation and loss, even though it was just a bunch of video games. Now that I have everything back except the stuff the game store is holding on to, I simply want to see an end to this and get my remaining stuff back. $20 is easily worth it to bring this junk to an end.

I stopped at a Movie Trading Company location yesterday and bought a PS4 game called Root Film. It looks like a mystery visual novel. I've seen it there for almost a year, it felt like the right time to pull the trigger and buy it. I didn't take a picture.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh wow, i was internet less the last few weeks and apparently i missed a lot. thats pretty crappy man, i always though what a person could do to verify ownership\possession of a game or games like these in a case like this.
    Was having the pictures from the earlier posts in this thread enough for the cops in this instance?

any way

i finally got a place of my own, as far as finds go.

I got a Bag o Wii system with controllers and the like for $30
    I found a Playstaion 3D gaming monitor thing for $25 the week i moved.
    Another slim PS2 and memorycard for $26 the other day. some other odds and ends.

i'll post pics when i can but i cant remember where i put some of this stuff already. moving sucks and i'll probably have to do it again soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I keep all of my game and electronics receipts in a file cabinet. Worked out for me when we lived in an apartment and (most likely) a maintenance person stole my PlayStation, N64 and Dreamcast stuff. I got plenty of money back from the insurance claim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

hmm yea some of these things i have never had receipts, like the sharp NES tv and my arcade cocktail machine.
    maybe i'll have to start taking my camera and documenting everything individually

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've been putting off going back to the GameXchange because I'm anxious about whether or not I would be able to get my games back without filing a police report (and I've been working midnight to 8am three days a week, and it's trashing my sleep schedule). But I popped in, she gave me my games back, and even refused to take the $19.55 reimbursement for it. That was incredibly nice of her. So, everything's back in my possession.

I was in such a good mood I decided to go to the Dallas headquarters of Half Price Books, since they stay open until 9pm. Picked up Rime and Fruit Ninja VR for the PS4 - I used to see Rime all the time in just about every game store when I first started collecting PS4 stuff, and haven't seen it in a while, so I grabbed it because it was fairly cheap. Fruit Ninja VR was just goofy of me... I have a hard time with motion sickness with VR, and still I keep buying VR games. I'm an idiot. An idiot with a weak stomach.

They had several Doctor Who sonic screwdrivers from multiple Doctors. So I grabbed the Tom Baker model. They also had loads of Star Trek action figures from pretty much every series and movie. And freakin' loads of European copies of Rock Band Track Pack volume 1 for the Nintendo Wii. Since the Wii is region-locked, I have no idea if this thing would be compatible with a US Wii version of the game, or would people have to use a "Codebreaker"-style disc. $4.95 for a data disc that probably won't work in America seems like a bit much. Especially when they have more than 50 copies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The past couple of days off I managed to at least try to do a bit of game shopping even though I'm barely able to get to the stores before they close. Wasteland 2 for the PS4 was from a GameXchange. I also picked up the Irem Arcade Pack 1 for the Evercade tonight. It only has three games on it; Moon Patrol, R-Type, and In The Hunt. With games that good, I don't mind only 3 titles in the cart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I headed across town to try out a new restaurant that was supposed to have its grand opening yesterday, and it was still closed. Since I was in the area, I hit a couple Half Price Books. The first one had Enter the Gungeon, a Special Reserve game I was looking at ordering but never got around to it, and Hollow Knight. The next Half Price Books had diddly squat. I stopped at a nearby place called Retro Madness, and picked up Super Gunworld 2 and Rustler. And at a really reliable game store I bought Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony. And then I found a package from FedEx on my porch when I got home, a copy of Gal-Gun for the PS3 from Japan that I ordered a while ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I love the PS4 library. It's so freakin' large that you absolutely never know what you'll come across, no matter how weird. A few days ago I was looking for something on Amazon, and Nippon Marathon for the PS4 popped up. I remember seeing it being played on YouTube once, so I put it in my cart to keep track of it. Then I came across Deathsmiles I & II (I have the first one on the 360), so I put that in the cart. Then I came across Puzzle Bobble 3D/VR, and Star Renegades, and so I threw them in the cart and ordered them. They came in this morning before I left for work. I played Nippon Marathon when I got home... man, that's a weird one. I like it. Games like this are why the PS4 is such a great machine, the library is amazingly, gloriously eclectic. Outstandingly collectible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

PS4 and Switch to some degree too, have some odd titles that are surprisingly making it out of japan
    pic first then story

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230604_055903603.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	10992

anyway i had an AMAZING thrift store day today.
    It actually started off with a video game swap meet i almost forgot about and frankly wasnt really worth my time. 64 bits or less $25 to get in, a handful of vendors and a decent amount of systems set up to play which was cool but i was in there to blow cash man! it mainly came down to cost to get in at the door, i am sure it was cheaper to get tickets ahead of time and go but it was a $10 maybe $15 at the door event. i had driven an hour to get there so i wasnt going to turn back then. it was literally in a livestock arena, the bovine scale was still in there.

any way i got Off World Interceptor for 3DO for $12 and the 2600 manual for $1. They came from a group that does only online sales called Magic Trashcan Games. they are neat peeps, i wish they had a storefront.
    after that i decided to go a little further south to Eugene, some one told me about a goodwill that sold PC stuff and it wasnt too far away so i figured why not. Come to find out later it seems that who ever told me saw the first metal jesus video about his oregon trip and saw the preview about the one he did most recently that had the actual, i guess walkthrough, of the goodwill in question i dont know i havent watched it yet.

This place was like what i remember thrift stores being 10+ years ago when i was bored and went way into collecting, some of the stuff i paid too much for but wasnt over priced if you know what i mean. but at the same time you just dont see this stuff in thrifts any more. they had consoles, out on shelves for lower than average going rates $60 for n64, $55 for a SNES. i didnt buy any of those as you can see from the pic but i did get some interesting things.

Translucent purple N64 controller $25 (little much but its OKish)
    Destroy all humans (xbox) $5
    SNES AC adapter ($10)
    Sega genesis 2 AC adapter ($10)
    Knight Rider (nes) $10 (crazy clean)
    ATI Rage LT Pro AGP card (PC) $10
    Mediatek SY1816 ISA sound card (PC) $10
    Pizza Hut Beneath the Crust PC game $2.50

then we headed back twards my place, i bought some new pots and pans because, single life i had none, previous SO took them which i was ok with
    On the way to drop my friend off at her place i stopped at another goodwill along the way and found
    Sealed Red Barron Sierra Classics (PC) $4
    GoPro Hero5 Black $70

the go pro works fine after charging it up, these are still expensive for some reason,, i might flip it

aside from a working gopro none of this are amazing deals, its more the fact that there are still places or branches of companies that still do things the old way. I dont think what ever area the goodwill PC store is in does anything online. and thats hella cool if you ask me because you just dont find this stuff any more in the stores and you know its still getting donated to them all the damn time.

also speaking of things you dont normally find in a goodwill, same store, no didnt buy

Name:	interesting.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	10993

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the past week I've been to a few Half Price Books locations along with a few game stores, only found a few things.

Chorvs was from last week, and yesterday I picked up Fairy Tail at a Half Price and Sir Lovelot from a game store I took my nephews to the day before yesterday. My sister and her kids are in town, and I've been a good uncle and have been taking them game shopping. I'll probably do that tomorrow, too.

I stopped by a Movie Trading Company store yesterday to find it closed down. Yet another location has shuttered... it bums me out, that's three in the area in the past year or two. I'm going to miss having physical media stores nearby for when I want a movie or game right now instead of three days from now for an online order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I took my nephews game store shopping today. We first stopped at a new place that I recently discovered on Google Maps, and man was I shocked. Packed full of good stuff, loads of collector's editions and such for the PS4. I might have to go every payday and pick up one or two games until I've gotten everything good out of there. My nephews were agog at the place, they live in a boring area in Louisiana and don't have access to these kinds of places. I bought Undertale for the PS4 there, with all the stuff left intact. The owner of the store bought it for himself and didn't mess with any of the included stuff. It actually looks like a lot of games there are like that, he bought rare and limited games to play himself and then resell through his store. So many limited release PS4 games there, so many.

Second shop was where I bought R-Type Final 2. The next place we didn't get anything, but then I took them to the Quarter Lounge Arcade where they went nuts. It was a good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went back to the newly opened game store that popped up nearby, bought a couple of hard to find games. The Binding of Isaac + Afterbirth for the PS4, and Iron Crypticle (sealed) also for PS4. Those are collector's cards inside the plastic bag around the game, and the actual case inside is shrinkwrapped. That place has so many Limited Run games. Most of them seem to be pixel art games, I'm beginning to get burned out on them. But I'm glad they have physical releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

had an interesting find the other day at goodwill

Name:	finds 6-14-23.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	10996

Tales of Graces F (PS3) $6 complete
    Ni no Kuni (PS3) $5 complete
    Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $4 complete

Glorious Model D Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse $4

the RPGs were a surprise, i havent found anything in "the wild" like this in quite some time, i might flip tales and ni no kuni but i was interested in valkyria before i saw it in the store, if its the game i am thinking of its tactical turn based rpg-ish.
    the mouse will probably be a flip as well, its a $50 mouse and it had all the cords and dongles, its response time in wireless mode is pretty amazing though. its super light which is something i actually dont like, but for $4 it was worth a risk i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

been a long time since i replied to this thread...but just picked up near cib Virtual Boy...it was NOT cheap...but was minty. However, the image doesn't display...the glue they used back in the day for the ribbon cables are crap...so i'm sending my headset off to a guy fairly close to me who is gonna do a proper solder job to permanently repair the virtual boy. came with the stand, controller, mario tennis....the original box, manual, and a nintendo power sub card

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

no kidding VBs arent cheap, only i made out like a bandit and i still have two left, one in a rental case even.

any way i fixed my eye pieces with an iron. it actually worked amazingly well, i modified the instructions from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dTzTYGxNE
    and just used a regular house iron on the highest heat it could do, its slow but thats good, it'll still melt leaded solder and theres supposed to be some sort of soldered connection there anyway, its just so small and it vibrates in use it just cant stand up to it.
    some one else designed some connection braces to keep them pinned down to the pcb on the connection and made them available to 3d print. if i can remember where i saw these i'll add it here.

anyway no major finds other than a IDE DVD rom that'll read wii discs so i can rip the ones i have to use on emulators

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've been working horrible hours and I barely manage to get out to stores before they close. I went to a Movie Trading Company and bought Grand Kingdom on Monday. And on Friday I hit my favorite new game store and bought Forma.8, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, and Dragon Fantasy, all for PS4. I spent more than I thought I would, mainly because that store has so much stuff that I have the feeling will be gone the next time I go in. These are all limited edition type games, and they always have whatever bits and pieces (collector's cards, that kind of thing) sealed inside. The owner of the shop takes good care of his stuff.

In his case he had a loose cartridge of Roklan Corporation's Star Maze for the Atari 400/800. Turns out it's an insanely rare game that there's almost no information about online. It was a mathematics edutainment style game, although I couldn't find any footage on YouTube to see how it plays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Name:  IMG_1412.jpeg
Views: 450
Size:  22.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1314.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	10998

I picked up a Vader VCS, after having to change out the TIA board from a busted up VCS, to my working one. I needed to have a solid backup.