Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hey Gameguy, thanks for that link to reddit! I've never liked the way they lay out their text and replies, so I stay away. But I found out from poking around there that these sweet things were just made available on disc for the PS3. Quite possibly the last games that'll ever be printed for the PS3. Long live physical media!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

did you get those at a local shop or order them online some where?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ordered off the company store.

I've been on vacation again, I didn't go game hunting too much. I picked up a cheap battered copy of Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition for the PS3, a full copy of King of Fighters XII for the PS3 (I've only had a disc-only copy up until now) and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R for the PS4. I was also given a couple Activision Guitar Heroes USB dongles for free by a good GameXchange employee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went into Shreveport yesterday and I ended up going to a GameStop and picking up Foreclosed and Dodgeball Academia, and later I went to a used book/game store and bought Fate Extella The Umbral Star Collector's Edition, all for the PS4. I meant to do some thrift store shopping but never got around to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

are you gonna start a gaming dongle collection?

yesterday i found a few things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221111_220445964.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	10954

Mario Kart Wii $5 complete
    Ocean Commander Wii $8 complete?
    Resurrection Rise 2 PSX Longbox $30
    Age of Empire II + Expansion PC $10

Mario Kart was a goodwill as-is store find, Ocean Commander and Rise 2 came from a new-ish game shop i found that was in a strange warehouse converted to shopping/business space both inside stores and outside. was a strange place, everything was corrugated metal. Age of empires stuff game from a regular goodwill and i havent been able to find my copies so i grabbed them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221111_220741863.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	10955

I managed for find some daft punk at FYE when i was looking for bee gees for my moms xmas present. any daft punk record is hard to find any more since the split. even reprints are scarce. i managed to get tron sound track last year by chance at a target of all places. just need 2 more to have em all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm going to end up with a random box full of various dongles, I just feel it.

Drove back from my vacation week, I only stopped at one game store. They had a lot of rarer PS3 games but I already have them. They also had a copy of the Simpsons Game for PS3, which I've been looking for since COVID started, and this store had three copies, all caseless and disc-only. I can't bring myself to deliberately buy a disc-only game unless it's the absolutely only way to get a copy.

I ended up buying a copy of Shantae and the Seven Sirens for the PS4. And on the way, I overpaid for a can of Duff a l'orange, a can of what I'm assuming to be a generic orange soda. There was no price on it and my fountain drink, homemade vanilla fried pie and can of Duff cost $11. I don't think the fountain drink or pie was the bulk of the expense there.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Hey Gameguy, thanks for that link to reddit! I've never liked the way they lay out their text and replies, so I stay away. But I found out from poking around there that these sweet things were just made available on disc for the PS3. Quite possibly the last games that'll ever be printed for the PS3. Long live physical media!
    You're welcome, I'm glad it helped. Honestly I don't look at reddit much ever, I just came across it while trying to search on google for info relating to those dongles. The reddit link just came up. I haven't checked in on the site here for awhile, sorry it took me awhile to get back to you.

Honestly, I'm more of a gag anime fan at this point. I did watch a lot of anime from the 80s to the early 2000s, and I gave up. It seems they have great ideas for the premise of the shows, but they can't seem to stick the landing. They start off with a great idea, flounder for several episodes, then limp to a finale. I started watching some of them again after a decade and a half once I saw some comedies like Sabagebu! or Ai Mai Mi.
    I do enjoy a lot of gag anime too, I can get behind shows that don't take themselves seriously. I agree on your take with the problems a lot of anime has, which includes older anime, but I especially notice a lot of newer anime really suffer from these problems as they try to come across as incredibly serious when the writing falls far short to pull it off. They usually end up sounding dumb. It's like the difference between joking that the Earth is flat, and being serious that the Earth is flat.

Not to derail the thread with anime, but here's a link describing what My Hero Academia is like. It's surprisingly accurate to how I felt about the show and it's under 5 minutes. It doesn't feel exaggerated with it's description. I'll leave it at that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA0XmlvFsg0

I don't usually post my finds too often but I did find some things recently so I might as well post them here. A couple of books that were $1.99 each. I was curious about that iWoz book as it looked interesting, I was still reluctant to buy it though as I have plenty of books I haven't got to yet and I don't usually pay more than $1 for books that are apparently common when I look them up online. I originally told myself that I probably should pass on it unless it was signed.

...Then I checked inside and it was.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gameguy For This Useful Post:

Steve W (11-16-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yea i check books like this for the same reason. nice find

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Friend of mine owns a local game and toy store. He hasnot gotten a ton of games until a couple weeks ago...someone brought in multiple cib snes games..and these are great games...chrono trigger cib...i didnt get that one lol ...but was able to get nba jam...populous..out of thelis world..and ssft all CIB...i had them loose but was a dream to get them cib. Also got lost vikings loose as well as megaman x loose all for snes...i paid about the going rate on pricecharting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went across town to a game store I haven't been to in a bit but has almost never let me down. It kind of makes me feel sad for kids trying to get a collection going nowadays, this is a place selling $500 Atari Jaguars and $700 Vectrex consoles. There I finally got my hands on Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, which I've had disc-only up until now.

On the way home I stopped at a Movie Trading Company store and bought a boxed Cabela's Survival game/lightgun set. The game's still factory sealed and the gun hadn't been put together yet (which turns out it can't be taken apart after it's been put together again, glad I took the USB dongle out of the storage space in the stock before assembling it). The gun worked perfectly fine, but I couldn't use the USB dongle with the Rapala fishing controller. I haven't played the game since I don't want to open the sealed game... I'll just get a used copy the next time I go game shopping.

The Movie Trading Company had gotten back in more rarer PS3 games, titles like Puppeteer and Folklore. I ended up getting Order Up! since it'll take me a long time to find another copy in the wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i cant take a picture of it but i got a job.

yep this whole time this past year i've been cruising for games and hitting up conventions i haven't been working. and boy it sucked because there were quite a few things i passed on because i didnt have any thing coming in and savings took a major hit...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (11-21-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i cant take a picture of it but i got a job.

yep this whole time this past year i've been cruising for games and hitting up conventions i haven't been working. and boy it sucked because there were quite a few things i passed on because i didnt have any thing coming in and savings took a major hit...
    nice man! glad you are able to find work..so many people out there have lost jobs and homes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

picked up revenge of the gator and yugio dark duel stories for $19 on gameboy..also brute force and ghost recon on original xbox for $8 and wwe 2k16, payday 2, baja, need for speed hot pursuit, call of duty ghosts, and graw 2 all on xbox 360 for $30. ordered atari 50th celebration on xbox series x for 29.99...got power rangers and wwf royal rumbles on snes and royal rumble on genesis....lastly got the box for megaman x for snes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I finally felt like leaving the house today (I've been getting over a bronchial infection) and went to hunt down some Cabela games for the PS3 that work with the light gun I have. I discovered yet another location of the Movie Trading Company that's closed down. Sure it was in a lousy location, but it bums me out to see another physical media store closing its doors. Bought the three Cabela's games at a GameXchange (thinking they would do the "buy 2 get 1 free under $9.99" sale that most locations do, and they don't honor that at this one) and picked up Raging Loop for the PS4 at a different Movie Trading Company. And got Atari 50th Anniversary for the PS4 from Amazon, I expected delivery in two days (since it had free two-day shipping) and the game showed up nearly two weeks later. Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not really "finds" but I jumped on some deals from the Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo Switch

$29.99 The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-even though I own this on PC, I don't like lugging my gaming laptop to work if I want to play stuff during lunch. I found that the Switch version is pretty dang comparable to the PC version.

$4-ish Quake-A couple of my kids talked about playing an FPS of some sort. Why not take them back in time? Looks pretty dang sweet and plays fast. Can't wait to try the split screen.

When I was out and about-nothing really great of note. Thrifts and shops were pretty much barren of titles and the latter that did have games wanted a chunk of change. The wife and I went to a couple antique stores in Cedarburg and one had a lot of cool stuff! If I was in the market for some retro stereo stuff-I'd go there. They also had a "Free Blockbuster" take-and-leave video box on the side of the building. Inside I picked up some audio tapes (The Cars "Shake It Up", Mr. Mister "Welcome to the Real World" and "The California Raisins" all complete), "Clockwork Angels" by Rush (which unfortunately I found was not to be a hit with me, though most albums after "Counterparts" didn't resonate with me). My wife found classic gold Christmas garland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

ok this is strange, i posted on the 5th and its gone today and there was auto saved content when i cam back to check it out

posting it again, i guess?

edit: and the attachments are all effed up. i'll fix it later

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    nice man! glad you are able to find work..so many people out there have lost jobs and homes
    thanks! and yea your tellin me, i havent lost any thing thankfully but its been a long time. been ready to get on with life for a while now.

i'm behind on my finds

these were from black friday
    Attachment 10958

Capcom Fighting Collection (Switch) was $25
    GT7 (PS4) was $30
    PacMan Museum + (PS4) was $15 (i think)
    Samurai Warriors 5 (PS4) was $17

thought i'd find more game deals on black friday but like the rest of the deals things were a bit sparse

Attachment 10959

got these last wednesday for about $3 from the as-is store
    would have like to take the whole system they were in but it was dented badly and the mobo was asus and shitty caps.

Card i think is a 6600 or 6800gt, CPU is a Sempron 2400+ which is memory serves, means its a tbred b athlon core after the barton athlons came out. biggest difference was cache amount... i think, its been a while

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There's a newly opened game store decently far away that I've only ever been to once - they're closed on Sundays and Wednesdays, which happen to be my regular days off. But thanks to a screwed up schedule, I could finally catch the place when it's open. Picked up that Wii game with no end labeling, just because it's unusual, not because I really want to play the Puzzler Collection published by Zoo, shovelware publishers extrodinaire. Got a shrinkwrapped copy of Blasphemous for the PS4. Also picked up 8 To Glory, which is a bullriding game. Something I was completely unaware of on the PS4... I've seen it on an Xbox console someplace, but on a PS4? I basically bought it for a joke, it doesn't seem to fit the general demographic of Sony gamers. Also, it was published in Sweden, according to the back of the box. How does this game exist?

Stopped at a Half Price Books on the way home and picked up a Japanese copy of New! Everybody's Golf for the PS4 and a Mexican release of the Jak and Daxter Collection for the PS3. I love the lack of region locking on PS3 and PS4 so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I stopped at a few places tonight, but didn't find much. I picked up Ultracore shrinkwrapped for the PS4 at a game store, and at the Half Price Books next door they had several Japanese Neo•Geo CD games. I bought a couple of the cheaper ones, Samurai Spirits and a second one I don't know the name of. They also had some Japanese PC Engine games, Saturn, PS1, and Mega Drive games. Most of them were not great games and were a little too high priced.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Samurai Shodown II and Samurai Shodown IV, it seems to be.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SparTonberry For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-12-2022)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

How late? I remember Victor Ireland mentioning that he had waited so long on attempting a physical print localization of Class of Heroes 3 for PSP that Sony wasn't even willing to print UMDs anymore (Summon Night 5 was already very late at the end of 2015/early 2016), and then it sounded like he wouldn't have any more luck trying the PS3 version?