Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

do saturn optical drive replacements require soldering? they might not...

any way my finds have been pretty slim, today i got a few wii cables (power and component) for $2 ea and a IDE and Floppy cable with the edge connector for a buck ea.
    yesterday i got a whole pc for $5 with a USB powered sound bar. its a dell small form factor optiplex 7020, 4th gen i5 4 sticks of ram, not sure how many gigs (more than 8) no hard drive but thats ok with me. it'd be at least a good case for a mobo swap to ITX or something or maybe it can be a firewall too. i already have a system for pfSense thats very low power, this ones more power hungry but probably not by much and would be much more powerful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It's been a while since I last posted, and I'm behind, but I did write-ups of this weeks ago. I have more finds than this post, so this is a part 1 out of 2 or 3 replies to get up to date.

==========
    July 3, Sunday:
    ==========

First, I went to one yard sale about 6 miles from me, and bought a Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360) set:

Rock Band 1 (w/ Box & Manual,)
    Rock Band 2 (w/ Box & Manual,)
    Rock Band 2 Drum Set
    4 Drum Sticks
    Rock Band 1 or 2 Wired Guitar Controller (Stratocaster type.)

All for $20. No microphone, but I already had one from a different sale a year or two earlier.

Later, I found a Pixel Pals Super Mario Bros. 3 Mario Figure, but it's broken; there's battery acid leakage. I got it for $0.25.

Much later, I bought a Super NES Mouse Controller missing the ball and ball compartment plastic. Also included was a Super NES controller cord that was dis-assembled for some reason, and I paid $5 for this. (Not pictured.) I normally wouldn't pay so much, but I had just bought a SNES Mouse Pad a few days earlier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0326 - Most Yard Sale Finds for July 3, 2022. (Jpeg.).jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	10926

=========
    July 8, Friday:
    =========

I decided to go to a town about 45 miles from me, where I found nothing I was after, despite trying to follow directions I saw posted! (Awful follow-up with some of these Facebook people.) So then I ended up turning around and going another 30 or so miles to a different, closer to home town, where I found many yard sales as the town was having a yard sale weekend.

First, I saw some Game Boy and Game Boy Color commons for $3 and $4 each. I passed.

Next, I saw an Xbox 360 Slim in White with some games for $80. I passed on most of this, but bought a copy of Ghostbusters with the box (missing manual) for $4; mostly because I wanted to play it.

Next sale: 1 Omega Juicer missing the juicing parts, for $1. (Not pictured.)

After that, I "lost my head" (Father thought I overpaid) and bought a 1960s Western Auto Battery Charger that looks like it has bad humidity damage for an "obscene" $3. (Not pictured.)

Next, there was then free stuff on the side of the road. 1 book about chocolate, added to the car. (Not pictured.)

A few sales later, I saw yet another Rock Band set for Xbox 360! "What the heck, I ought to get it." This is a Rock Band 1 set:

Drums,
    Wired Guitar with Strap (missing 1 strap pin,)
    Rock Band 1 game,
    2 Microphones.

They had marked the price down from $20 to $10, but then the woman selling it said she'd take $5 for it without me even asking, so I went with it.

Name:	IMG_0323 - Some Yard Sale Find for July 8, 2022 (Friday. Jpeg.).jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	10927

Then not 1 block away, I saw some free stuff on the side of the road. Add 1 Clay Disc Thrower, 1 Sears Timing Light, 1 Sears Engine Analyzer, and some Motorcycle Books to the car. (Not pictured.)

Some more running around, and I found nothing until I got to another yard sale miles away that I saw advertised online. There was a NES with 22 games for $200, and I looked through the lot, but I was not comfortable buying at $200 for all that's included. Most of the games are commons, and the price is just a bit short of the tip top eBay price range for an un-guaranteed console with that specific lot of un-guaranteed working games. There was a copy of Super Mario Bros. 2 in Box with Manual, but it was squished. I passed on this.

So by this time I was winding down, and I went to Walmart for groceries. However, around 3 to 5 PM when I was about ready to go home, I decided to leg it by another route to cover more territory. Good thing I did, both of the last 2 sales proved fruitful.

The first sale had an April 2007 Playstation 3 (80 Gig version) without any controllers or wires, and a copy of a Nascar 2011 game. They also had a Wii with a controller that has a bad power button because someone bit the controller. Both of these systems are in poor cosmetic condition & are dirty, but I paid $10 between the two of them. I never had a PS3 before, so I'm happy with this.

Name:	IMG_0327 - Yard Sale Finds for July 8, 2022. PS3 and Wii. Jpeg..jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	10928

The final and most valued item of July 8th, though? I didn't need to pay money for it. I followed the last sign of the day just after the PS3 and Wii, then I got to a sale where the two residents were going to move, and I saw nothing I was after. However, I asked if they might have items I was looking for. I didn't find anything game-related, but I'm also into Musical Instruments, at which point the woman there asked if I'd like an Electonic Drum Set. I said I'd have a look at it, and she also said she wanted to just give it away because it was a gift to her and her husband, so I accepted it. So now I have an Electronic Drum Set that's probably worth $300 or more, all because I simply asked. I'd take photos of it, but it's not in the best place for photos now.

- Austin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Looks like I won't update to the current day tonight, but here's the next week up.

==========
    July 15, Friday:
    ==========

One sale:

CDs - 6 Albums for $1.50 (CCR, Beach Boys, Irish compilation, Yes album, a few others I forgot. None are pictured.)

Another sale:

Super NES needing new power jack
    2 controllers (1 not pictured.)
    2 NES / SNES RF Adapters
    1 Sega Master System RF Adapter

Games, Loose:

Arkanoid: Doh It Again
    Mortal Kombat 3
    Super Mario World
    The Ren and Stimpy Show: Veediots!

$25 for this lot. None of this was out, I had to ask about it. Perhaps I should have offered $20 since the power jack was broken and the Eject button needs a spring, but I missed the jack on my inspection. I ended up buying 2 power jack replacements on eBay for about $11 some time later (I might as well have a spare.)

Name:	IMG_0337 - Yard Sale Finds, some of them from July 15 2022. Super NES. - Jpeg..jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	10929

A later sale:

Kawai Prestige Guitar, missing headstock badging, needing work - $3

Good cheap purchase, even though this guitar clearly wasn't taken care of super well.

Name:	IMG_0232 - Yard Sale Find from July 15, 2022 - Teisco Prestige Guitar - Jpeg..jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	10930

Last sale I bought anything at:

Fender Acoustic Guitar - $35 (wasn't out, I asked if there was a guitar they'd like to sell.)

I think I probably overpaid a bit here for the guitar, but not horribly; by $5. It's in good condition, though, and they go for about $70 - $80. I saw it was a Fender, but it's one of the cheapest ones available.

Name:	IMG_0235 - Yard Sale Find from July 15, 2022 - Fender Acoustic Guitar - Jpeg..jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	10931

=============
    July 21st, Thursday:
    =============

No games on this day. I did good in the non-game department, though, getting a 1958 Weaver Car Bumper Jack for $30 which I expect to keep for now even if bumper jacks seem antiquated. There's also a brand new DVD player, a brand new kitchen appliance, and a box of records for resale. That lot was $18. All these items were at the same sale within 5 miles of home, despite me going about 65 - 70 miles to another town to see if they had yard sales that were advertised. No, most people ended up having them the next day.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 08-14-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: The $3 guitar's supposed to be a Kawai, not a Teisco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to the one game store that reliably has games I've never seen at any other shop before, and ended up picking up three PS4 games - Ys: Memories of Celceta "Timeless Adventurer Edition", Blazblue: Central Fiction, and Futuridium. I bought the Blazblue game since the PS3 version is being sold there around $95, and this one was $25. This is the first time I've seen the PS3 version in any game store since the pandemic started. I bought the other Blazblue games on the PS3 for $5 each, but the one I didn't get around to snapping up was the one that shot through the roof.

Megazone 23 is something I bought off Amazon, new, for a much better price than I thought I'd find it for. I bought it only for its Robotech connection - the Megazone 23 movie was redubbed and brought out around 1986 as Robotech: The Movie. I wanted to go see it since I loved Robotech at the time, but never managed to. Why it was made into a game for the PS3 in the 2010s is anybody's guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

hello all...been a little bit since i posted here...but yesterday and today went by a store called Small Town Toys and Games here in the town i live in...got some decent deals on 22 games...the best ones to note are shadowrun and lost vikings both on the genesis, both complete for $90 total...shadowrun is about $100 game complete on ebay so i consider that a win...other games to note...black belt on master system...no manual...then a bunch of snes games...none are high value...mostly dirt common...super play action football, zool, final fight 1, lethal enforcers, home alone 2, brunswick world tourny of champions, brett hull hockey, newman haas indy car, tetris attack, bass masters classic, bill lambeers combat basketball, desert strike, jungle strike, ...also got a few common nes games...rad racer, golf, infiltrator, super glove ball, and tennis....all in all.... i spent $230...normally try not to spend like that but every now and then i splurge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

been pretty dry again here.

today i picked up 2 Wii power bricks, 2 Wii sensor bars and 1 wii AV cable for ~$2 total
    ordered on ebay Okami for Wii for $11 shipped.

This copy of Okami on the wii has an IGN watermark on the coverart. its not rare but just interesting and i didnt have it on any system so i figured why not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    been pretty dry again here.

today i picked up 2 Wii power bricks, 2 Wii sensor bars and 1 wii AV cable for ~$2 total
    ordered on ebay Okami for Wii for $11 shipped.

This copy of Okami on the wii has an IGN watermark on the coverart. its not rare but just interesting and i didnt have it on any system so i figured why not
    okami is such beautiful game on the wii and a great game overall!

also, went to a store about 40 min from my house and got saturday night slam masters for snes as well as wordtris..$30 for both..also got kingdom under fire, cod 2 big red one, enclave all on original xbox...also got cod black ops 2 on wii u....then went to gamestop and picked up The Quarry and The Evil Dead game both on xbox series x.....spent way too much last couple weeks so wont be getting any more games for a while

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Right before going on vacation, I got COVID-19, kind of ruining the first part of this week. But I'm feeling better (other than a reoccurring cough) and the day before yesterday went into town and did some game hunting. Bought the collector's edition of Bioshock Infinite, along with other games I don't have like Spec Ops: The Line, Green Lantern, Middle Earth - Shadows of Mordor, and High Velocity Bowling. It was good just to get out of the house and do something. I'm in Shreveport right now, and there's not anything interesting as far as PS4 games go. I did come across an Xbox One at a flea market this afternoon until I realized it had been sitting out under an awning while it's been raining for days. It's probably filled with rust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A few days ago I went back to a GameXchange where they had a collector's edition of South Park: The Stick of Truth for the PS3, and picked it up. I also picked up the Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition. Later I went into a GameStop and bought Pocky & Rocky Reshrined for the PS4, and they gave me a free copy of Anthem. I'd heard that they were selling their stock off for a penny each, apparently they aren't even bothering with the penny now.

My vacation ends today, so I made the long drive home, broken up with a few stops at game stores on my route. Picked up a Japanese PS1 horror game called Kamaitachi no Yoru Tokubetsu-hen at the first place I stopped, Sakura Wars for the PS4 at the second, and Pix the Cat for the PS4 and Gundam Breaker 2 for the PS3 at the third game store. I love finding imports in the wild, especially when they're for my latest collecting obsession, the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A game store a decent distance away has relocated to a larger location, so I went there today. They've had some rare games in the past that I'd wanted, but those were all gone this time. And I noticed an annoying trend, that in the new location the video games have been scrunched into a smaller space so they can expand their tabletop/card game areas and merch. That's what so many really good video game stores do before they ditch video games altogether. Sigh. All the good stores seem to stop selling the things I want.

I went to another good game store that's rarely ever let me down (that doesn't mess with tabletop stuff at all), and bought Grid Autosport. On my previous day off, I picked up Puyo Puyo Tetris (I already have a Japanese copy, but I thought it was worth the $8.99 for readable text) and Warhammer: Hired Gun. The store had a European copy of Knowledge is Power for the PS4 for all of 99Âą, but after looking at it I decided to pass on it. Downloading apps for phones/tablets to use them as controllers sounds annoying and messy just to play a quiz game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i got really sick since but posted in the tech part of the site.

i found a backwards compatible PS3 for $50 at goodwill.
    it was used for quite some time, firmware 4.65 was on it.

whats interesting about this is, while its about the 8th i've ever found this is the only one i have ever found working.
    works well infact, i should probably take it apart and regoo the cpus in it with some better stuff, maybe kryonaut or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a Half Price Books today, I was shocked to find reasonably priced Dreamcast games. Okay, a Japanese game (and a not very good one at that), but at least it's a Dreamcast game under a hundred bucks. I never bought Death Crimson OX back in the day, so I might as well grab a copy now. And for my sister, I picked up an old book called Japanese Fairy Tales from 1958.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to work on Sunday and found out my schedule was changed and I had the day off, so I ran like hell and went off to do some errands. I stopped at a game store while I was out, pcked up Neo: The World Ends With You which I've had my eye on for a while (I bought the DS game years back but it never clicked with me as a handheld system so I only briefly played it before putting it in a drawer and forgetting about it) but this is the first time I found it at an affordable price, $24.99 for a used copy. I also picked up the PS3 Rapala fishing game just to be goofy, and hoping they also might have the wireless fishing controller that came with some of them. No luck on that one. It seems like they go for a fortune on Amazon now. The Japanese Gundam game I ordered off Amazon while I was on vacation and had forgotten about by the time it came in a month later. From France of all places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Didnt you get Gundam Crossfire recently?

its the same game, thats why i'm asking

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (09-21-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yeah, I bought Gundam Crossfire something like a year ago. I thought that it had another name in Japan, but I didn't think it was this one. And to be honest, I don't have a clear memory of actually ordering this one. I'm wondering if I meant to order something else and ordered this one instead (since there seems to be trillions of Gundam games for the PS3 in Japan). I did that with Okami for the PS3 - I had meant to order the European release (since the US never had a disc version, only digital downloads) but the Japanese version came in and I realized I'd ordered the wrong one. Luckily, when updating that one it downloaded the entire US digital store version so I could play the Japanese game in English, which was great.

I'm having some weird memory issues lately... I'm beginning to worry about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

if its cant remember about games in a collection i wouldnt worry about it

Name:	sep22 finds.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	10933

i found these yesterday
    NBA Live 98 (Saturn) $5 with a copy of NFL 2k2 for DC in there too
    RE Outbreak (PS2) $3
    NOS 1.44MB Floppies $1
    Wii AV Cable $5
    ThumbWars (DVD) $1
    Not pictured, Mr Saturday Night on LaserDisc for $3.50

I was surprised to find any saturn game out in "the wild" and this one is missing the manual but for a decent not crappy case i figured its worth $5 and could swap the case out with one of my better games.
    RE Outbreak is a game i always find water damaged, this one is in good shape amazingly so i'll give the water damaged ones away
    Thumbwars is made by the guy who did Kung Pow Enter the Fist so i had to see what was up with it for a buck.
    Mr Saturday Night is just a random LD movie i saw for cheap that i am going to toss into a bund of LD stuff i am going to sell, sweeten the pot. these kids dont know if its a decent movie or not, they'll just see billy crystal and get rose colored glasses about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

===========================
    July 22, Friday (yeah, I'm that far behind: )
    ===========================

1977 Atari 2600 "Heavy Sixer" with Cheap Power Supply & Broken Pitchfork Video Box

Controllers:

Atari 7800 Controller (with cracked casing on back.)
    Ace Joystick
    Gemstik Joysticks - 2 (one not pictured.)
    Paddle Controllers, Broken

Games (ones with end labels that I taped on are marked with an *.)

Air-Sea Battle *
    Asteroids (Sears version)
    Asteroids
    Boxing
    Centipede
    Combat (Atari version with picture)
    Combat (Sears version) *
    Combat (Atari version without a picture)
    Donkey Kong (very worn)
    E. T. the Extra Terrestrial
    Football (not working.)
    Gorf
    Home Run (not working.)
    Infiltrate * (also has no label on the front, either.)
    Journey Escape
    Megamania
    Missile Command
    Night Driver *
    Pac-Man *
    Pac-Man
    Street Racer
    Pitfall!
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    RealSports Volleyball
    River Raid (Most of the label's destroyed. The end part of the label's present, but needs glued.)
    Sneak'n Peek
    Space Invaders (Sears version) *
    Space Invaders (Atari no-picture version) *
    Stampede
    Star Raiders
    Video Olympics (Atari no picture version.) *
    Video Pinball
    Warlords

Paid $25.

Name:	IMG_1335.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	10934

Name:	IMG_1336.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	10935

Name:	IMG_1337.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	10936

Also, at another sale, I bought this Rock Band 1 drum set for Xbox 360. It's missing the sticks, and also the USB cord that comes out at the end. I paid $8 for it. I also bought two Plug & Play games for $1 from the same yard sale, those aren't pictured.

Name:	IMG_1338.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	10937

That's all for this update, I still have to photograph what else I got later on.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 09-23-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

=============
    August 4 (Thursday: )

It seems that I had no big finds a week earlier.

=============================

Sale 1 (I was there when the garage door opened: )

Rock Band Set for Wii (Stratocaster controller not pictured,)
    Guitar Hero 3 Controller with Box,

The Rock Band & Guitar hero Games are mis-placed, so they're not in the pic. However, I should have these:

Rock Band
    Rock Band: The Beatles
    Rock Band: Country Music Pack
    Guitar Hero 3

All for $20.

(Not Pictured: ) 42" RCA HDTV for $5.

Name:	IMG_1340.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	10938

Later on, I found another sale which didn't have these Atari games out. Again, I asked if they might have any not in the sale.

Atari 2600 Jr. Console
    Atari 2600 4-Switch from 1980 - 1982 (not working very well, and the difficulty switches have broken plastic.)
    2 Atari Joysticks
    1 Set of Paddles

Games (those without an end label are marked with an *.)

Asteroids *
    Asteroids
    Breakout
    Combat (Atari version with picture.)
    Defender
    Donkey Kong
    E. T. the Extra- Terrestrial *
    Frogger
    Missile Command *
    Missile Command
    Pac-Man *
    Pac-Man
    Pitfall!
    Star Raiders
    Star Raiders
    Space Invaders
    Swordquest EarthWorld
    Super Breakout

For $20. I also got a Chet Atkins record for free, and Dad got 2 speakers for $1 or $2.

Name:	IMG_1339.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	10939

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 09-23-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

============

August 5 (Friday: )

============

Found a few games at a thrift store.

PS3:

Bioshock Infinite (Greatest Hits) - New
    Rock Band
    Rock Band 2 (game only)

Super NES:

Madden 96
    Super Bonk (the biggest find of the day)
    Marvel super Heroes in: War of the Gems

All for a total of $4.

Lastly (not game related,) I also got a working Kirby Heritage II Vacuum Cleaner and a broken TORO Leaf Blower for free.

Name:	IMG_1341.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	10940

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 09-23-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

==============

August 18, Thursday:

==============

PS1 Games:

(Midway Presents: ) Arcade's Greatest Hits - The Atari Collection 1
    ATV: Quad Power Racing (I had a copy of this from new, in 2003.)
    Bass Landing (case & manual only, game's missing.)
    Caesar's Palace 2000 (Missing manual.)
    Burstrick Wake Boarding!!
    Ford Racing
    Motocross Mania (missing manual.)

Kirby Heritage II Vacuum Cleaner (again) - $20 (not pictured.)

Name:	IMG_1343.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	10941

============

August 19 (Friday: )

============

At One Sale:

Electrolux Vacuum - $5

At another sale:

Kirby Performance G5 Vacuum - $5
    Electrolux Vacuum - $5

No pics of this, as none of it's game related.

============

September 1 or 2:

============

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii, Complete) - $2

Name:	IMG_1342.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	10942

And here are some musical instruments that I also found on various dates this summer, which I might not post photos of:

Austin AU786 Les Paul style Guitar, Red - $40 (Found in Mid-June or Mid-July.)
    Casio PT-87 Keyboard - $5
    Casio SK-5 Sampling Keyboard - $2 or $3
    Yamaha PortaSound PES-500 Keyboard (missing battery cover) - $3
    1960s Magnus 303-P Electric Chord Organ - $5

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 09-25-2022 at 11:52 AM.