Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Here's the last classic game I saw at the local Salvation Army, everything else being more recent disc based console games. I didn't buy this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Last Sunday I drove a couple hours out of town to hit a few game stores, didn't find many PS3 to throw on the game shelf but had better luck finding PS4 games. I tend to go for Japanese-style games, since those are the ones that become hard to find over time, and I'd rather pay $14 for a game now rather than $55 in the future. Buying up the rarer games first and pick up the common games much later worked well for me when I started collecting for the PS3, might as well repeat it for the PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Went game hunting/resell hunting today since I was off work...spent too much money but found a gane that will help recoup a lot of what I spent....picked up casper and dukes of hazard for ps1 $10 total at pawn shop...one piece...fighting game on xbox one and soul caliber 6 xbox one as well as all star football 2k8 and college hoops 2k8 on ps3 at same pawn shop...think I spent $54 at the pawn...then I went to a game store and found faxandu and Batman returns on the NES as well as resistance fall of man ps3...spend 52 at that game store.....so $106 for everything...BUT I am selling off the college hoops 2k8 on ps3 ...should get around $60 on ebay for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I struggled to get a vacation week before I lose them at the end of the year, and I went out of state again. I haven't gone to a lot of game stores so far, but I did buy a few things. One thing that's not in the picture is the Xbox 360 external hard drive I bought at a GameXchange that I reformatted and got it to work with my Playstation 3. I finally managed to back up my PS3 - I'd read that a drive had to be reformatted in certain ways and either be smaller than 1TB or have a partition at 1TB. The drive I had was 2TB, plugged it in, and the PS3 happily used it for backup. It was way, way easier than all the "how-to" articles told me it would be.

After seeing a YouTube video about collecting for the PS3 and how, once the online store is gone, there'll be no way to get DLC and bug fixes and how "Game Of The Year" releases will be the only way to play a lot of those games properly, I picked up the Borderlands and Heavy Rain re-releases. The PS4 Accounting Plus game is a VR game by Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick & Morty, and looks weird as hell. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus looks... interesting. It looks like a vapid anime-inspired dating sim or something, but it bills itself as a psychological horror game. I am intrigued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

On the drive home from Louisiana today I stopped at three game stores along the way. One store didn't have anything I wanted, Hotline Miami 1/2 (PS4) and Ridge Racer 7 came from a GameXchange while Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Fist of the North Star (both Japanese import versions) were bought at store called Games2Go in Longview, TX.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i moved to a temporary place early October and finally got something hooked up, no pictures though, cant find my cords.

i went hunting for a switch lite at a pawn shop near by but found a NES dogbone for $5 instead
    Mid October i got Hot Wheels Unleashed for PS4, new game so $50
    Today i picked up Digimon Story Cyberslueth for $20

for what ever reason the first digimon game keeps climbing online and gamestop still had it for just $20 used, figured i'd get it before it got too expensive and i was kicking my self. have been curious about this one for a while.
    the Hot Wheels game is the first and only game i have been excited for since 2019. Less than a month and i have almost finished everything in the "story" mode.

guess thats what happens when you have no job or no house to keep you busy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ended up checking out a lot of Half Price Books today. That's where I found the UK version of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Wheelman, and Castle of Shikigami III. Shellshock 2, DanceStar Party and Move Fitness came from a Movie Trading Company. I bought DanceStar Party and Move Fitness because they're European imports and are entirely in French. They were only $2.99 each, so I bought them for the novelty factor. I'm just so damn happy that I can play foreign games without having to use a soldering iron or some kind of obtuse softmod that I'll grab non-US games if I find them cheap or they're something unique.

A few days ago I'd gone to a mall GameStop and saw a used copy of Terra Trilogy for $30, so as I was walking away from the store I looked it up on Amazon, saw it there new for $9.99, and had ordered it before reaching the parking lot. Yet again, another reason to not shop at GameStop.

Strawberry (Level 2) AdamAnt316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Found a boxed Nintendo NES-101 "Top Loader" Control Deck in its original box at a radio swapmeet, of all places, for $65. It looks to either have never been taken out of the box, or was lovingly re-packed in it when the top loader was being put away. The seller told me that his father had purchased it to use with a RacerMate Challenge II bike trainer game he had; I got the cartridge and interface, though the rest of the RacerMate hardware was nowhere to be seen, sadly. Here are some photos of the Top Loader and the included RacerMate hardware:

Also at the show, I picked up a Zenith Z-171 portable computer for $5. The Z-170 series was basically a relabeled/redesigned Morrow Pivot which, ironically, ended up doing better on the marketplace than the original. I haven't tested this computer yet, but it came with the power supply, manual and a loose piece of plastic which apparently goes with the unit (looks like a wrist rest for the keyboard, but there are no mounting tab holes which I can find). Here are some photos:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamAnt316 For This Useful Post:

Kyle15 (04-28-2022), Steve W (11-26-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Wow, I love that computer. I hope it works for you. If it's stone cold dead, you could always pull the original hardware out, set it aside, then install modern laptop hardware. Or install a new screen and a Raspberry Pi!

That toploader NES was a fantastic find by itself, but with the RacerMate stuff with it, you got one hell of a deal. Hopefully you can get the other pieces of the kit.

A week ago I picked up a copy of John Woo's Stranglehold for the PS3. I already have the regular copy but this one is a hybrid disc, with a copy of the movie Hardboiled on it. I didn't bother to take a picture.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

damn that was a steal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

On Black Friday I went out to find some deals - didn't really get anything other than everyday sales. A bunch of games at the "buy 2 under $9.99 get 1 free" price, and that Star Wars Racer and Republic Commando compilation and Fuse were bought at a Movie Trading Company. More "Game of the Year/Limited Edition" type titles, ones that'll be more useful once Sony shuts off all online updates/DLC downloads.

Sunday I stopped by a Movie Trading Company and bought Supermarket Shriek and Hotshot Racing for the PS4, and today I went to a great game store and bought Neptunia X Senran Kagura: Ninja Wars for the PS4, and the PS3 games were "buy 1 get 1 free" right now. I normally wouldn't buy a caseless game, but I never got around to picking up either of the King of Fighters titles for the PS3. Once lockdown hit all these rarer types of games vanished, never to be seen on a store shelf again. So I grabbed this one up, it was only $16 which is a reasonable price.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i've been going after modern stuff and looking at selling off my extras and hifi stuff so i dont have so much to move and because the prices are good to sell and the area i am in is full of nerds who like old game stuff.

the past few weeks i managed to get:

Loose turquoise switch lite w/ grippy case
    Complete Pokemon Shield
    Complete Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX
    Complete Links Awakening (switch of course)

$180

then i managed to get the rest of this new (black friday cyber monday stuff):
    3rd party fast charger for switch $11
    128gb Micro SD for $15
    Animal Crossing for $50
    New Super Mario U Deluxe $25
    PS Plus 1 year for $40
    PS4 Tetris Effect $25

i didnt feel like taking any pictures i think we all know what they look like, i might inject them in later if i feel like it.

Not sure why but Tetris Effect on PS4 is getting expensive, its not a rare game but most people are selling it for more than it was on the date of release. When i separated i let the wife keep the copy we got when it first came out thinking it wouldnt be a big deal to replace it but wow. Unless you get lucky like i did or get the UK version its kinda a pain in the butt.

I was being stubborn any i'm thinking that hey, new it should be $40 or less at this point, it's been out a while. If its out of print recently that shouldnt mean that the prices get jacked way up either.
    now if it was 10 years later and you had a new copy still then yea maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

I picked up sonixc shuffle on dreamcast...legends of wrestling 2, 4x4 evo 2, and pac man forever all on gamecube....also skate 3, wwe 12, call of duty ghosts, and socom confrontation all on ps3 for $57 for everything.....i want to take pics but keep getting upload error
    ..not sure what im doing wrong

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

yeah I have that problem when I try to upload pics as well. Very annoying.

also, Sonic Shuffle is a game Ive wanted since forever but never see it come up for sale locally. nice find

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Not sure why but Tetris Effect on PS4 is getting expensive, its not a rare game but most people are selling it for more than it was on the date of release. When i separated i let the wife keep the copy we got when it first came out thinking it wouldnt be a big deal to replace it but wow. Unless you get lucky like i did or get the UK version its kinda a pain in the butt.
    Well, crap. I came across a copy of Tetris Effect yesterday but I didn't buy it. I wasn't really finding anything I was looking for at all, other than a Blu-Ray copy of a movie called Psycho Goreman. It's supposed to be a horror comedy that's like the movie E.T., but if the cute friendly alien is instead a world-conquering monster imprisoned on Earth for trying to destroy the universe.

Now I'm going to have to track down that copy of Tetris Effect. I'm also thinking about buying up a used 40GB model of PS3 that I came across in a Half Price Books. It was only $79, and I want to crack it open and replace the hard drive with something much larger. I didn't pick it up when I saw it because I couldn't spare the money, I hope one of them will be there when I get another day off. And I hope it's a backwards compatible model.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I picked up that copy of Tetris Effect. It was only $14.99. I also picked up Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithfulness for $12.99 and at a Half Price Books I bought King of Fighters XIV.

Once I did everything I needed to do today I went back to that Half Price Books to pick up one of the two PS3 consoles they had for $79, ones I thought would be backwards compatible. And of course they were gone. I should have known. I've got to grab these kinds of things when I come across them because I won't get another chance. I'd really like to get a spare console and put in a jumbo drive so I don't have to deal with storage issues again (my console only has maybe 6 or 8 gigs free for example).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just got Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch) new for like $26 from Gamestop’s Black Friday sale. Beyond that, any hunts I’ve done have been fruitless game wise.

Non game I got a Pioneer 25 disc changer for $15. I rebuilt an audio “Tower of Power” with a Sony receiver/amp, Technics dual tape deck and now the CD changer. Finding small but good speakers has been difficult, so I have the headphone jack connected to a Bose iPod player, which sound great. It’s just now my receiver has a big “outie” protruding forth that clutzy and jitter 5 & 7 year olds can run into and bust off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Looking for some last moment gifts I found a complete copy of “Mah Jongg Solitare” from Personal Companion for DOS. I haven’t tried it yet but I will:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0AB4F8A-45BB-42FF-AC97-7BC3D8208C44.jpeg 
Views:	505 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	10870

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Popped out to a great little game store up in Wautaga, TX called Found It! Games, usually they've got something I'm looking for and it's at shockingly reasonable prices, considering most brick-and-mortar stores in the middle of last year jacked up their prices to insane levels. I ended up buying The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (new and sealed), Initial D Extreme Stage, and The Idolmaster: One For All for the PS3. I love getting some of these Japanese games - they take such good care of their stuff. Inside of the Initial D case there's all the promo flyers and paperwork that most people in the US don't care about getting lost. That's great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I nipped off to a game store and ended up buying Corpse Killer for the PS4. The store still had a Christmas sale with "Buy 2 new games and Get 1 Free", and I also bought a new copy of Winter Stars for the PS3 (this is the only store I've ever seen this game at, weirdly) and got Kromaia Omega for the PS4 for free. I also threw in Street Fighter IV for $8 when I realized I have two other Street Fighters for the PS3 but not this one.

Today I got my order from Amazon for Rambo for the PS3. It's a game I saw maybe once or twice at game stores when I first started collecting PS3 games a couple years ago, but I wasn't all that interested at the time. Then they all disappeared and I haven't seen one again. Apparently it was the last released PS3 game in the US, which is why they're so scarce. I ended up getting a European one since it was only $40 sealed.