Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Going across town to eat at a Greek fish n' chips restaurant, I stopped at a nearby GameXchange and bought an Australian Skyrim (PS3), a Japanese Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4), and Senko No Ronde 2 (PS4). I bought the imports because I absolutely love that the days of region locked games are (almost) over, and I bought Senko No Ronde 2 because I've seen it in the case at a game store in Mesquite, TX called Game Trade that's a Limited Run authorized retailer, and I was happy to find a used copy instead of paying for a full price new copy.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I havent found any thing lately but i guess i unfound some extra systems if thats what you could call it.

i unloaded a few N64's with cables but no controllers and a few VB systems with a couple games for $700

i'm not getting out of collecting or any thing but i didnt think i needed so many spare systems. keeping 2 VB and 6 N64 systems seemed more ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i unloaded a few N64's with cables but no controllers and a few VB systems with a couple games for $700
    Isn't it amazing to see how much old systems are going for now? When I see an Atari Jaguar system going for over $400 in a game store, my eyes pop out like a cartoon character. I just wish I'd bought a few Jaguars when Kay-Bee Toys was clearing them out back in the day for next to nothing. Of course, I didn't have as much money to throw around in the '90s, but I should have picked a few up.

I'm on vacation right now, and all I picked up was a copy of Dirt 2 and No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise for the PS3. I actually have No More Heroes already, but its case wasn't in the best shape and this one was cheaper than the one I bought last year. Didn't take pictures.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I will never understand why anything with the Atari Jaguar is selling for hundreds. it's a niche system with brand recognition, and it's old. I guess that's enough for some to drop hundreds on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I will never understand why anything with the Atari Jaguar is selling for hundreds. it's a niche system with brand recognition, and it's old. I guess that's enough for some to drop hundreds on.
    Practically ANY game system is commanding mucho money right now. It seems like after a week Nintendo ended production of the 2/3DS, used prices of the system doubled. I could get a 2DS for about $45 from the local game store. It jumped to about $70-75. 2DS XL's are going for more than MSRP when you could get them for $100 refurbished from Nintendo.

The Jaguar, however, was a goofy system price wise, at least here in Wisconsin. I remember seeing it go for peanuts in some catalog but, like Steve, I didn't have the cash in the 90's to drop on this. It wasn't until later that I jumped on a Jaguar system at some consignment type store that I paid maybe $70 for it with Cybermorph. This was maybe around 1999 or 2000 and eBay was starting to be a thing and savvy people were starting to figure out games could be worth something. I saw Jag prices being double of what they were being closed out at, so that's why I dove into the Jaguar universe when I did. I didn't stay in that universe too long as the games never clicked for me.

To correlate that, a local video store was clearing out the NES games for like $6 a pop. This included complete titles like "Bubble Bath Babes" and the "Action 52", which I snagged. I sold them later (as they sucked) and got good money. I think the video store figured it out that I and others were flipping the games as later on they started charging "eBay prices" or whatever they used to look up the going price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    To correlate that, a local video store was clearing out the NES games for like $6 a pop. This included complete titles like "Bubble Bath Babes" and the "Action 52", which I snagged.
    There used to be an electronic junk store in Arlington, Texas that had a bin full of those Action 52s, for some reason they were loose. I think there might have been one or two Genesis versions mixed in. I used to come across all sorts of things there that I wish I had the money for back then. They used to have an Apple LISA, boxed, for two or three hundred dollars. An Apple III with monitor and the HD. A TurboDuo at one point, a TurboExpress at another, so much good stuff that I just didn't have the moeny for in the early-to-mid '90s. Sigh.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got some SNES hack cartridges and XBOX Series S in the past year. Not really much loot when it comes to video games.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Practically ANY game system is commanding mucho money right now. It seems like after a week Nintendo ended production of the 2/3DS, used prices of the system doubled. I could get a 2DS for about $45 from the local game store. It jumped to about $70-75. 2DS XL's are going for more than MSRP when you could get them for $100 refurbished from Nintendo.

The Jaguar, however, was a goofy system price wise, at least here in Wisconsin. I remember seeing it go for peanuts in some catalog but, like Steve, I didn't have the cash in the 90's to drop on this. It wasn't until later that I jumped on a Jaguar system at some consignment type store that I paid maybe $70 for it with Cybermorph. This was maybe around 1999 or 2000 and eBay was starting to be a thing and savvy people were starting to figure out games could be worth something. I saw Jag prices being double of what they were being closed out at, so that's why I dove into the Jaguar universe when I did. I didn't stay in that universe too long as the games never clicked for me.

To correlate that, a local video store was clearing out the NES games for like $6 a pop. This included complete titles like "Bubble Bath Babes" and the "Action 52", which I snagged. I sold them later (as they sucked) and got good money. I think the video store figured it out that I and others were flipping the games as later on they started charging "eBay prices" or whatever they used to look up the going price.
    I would like to know where the Panesian games and other unlicensed NES titles were sold at. How did your video store get them I wonder?

As a kid, I dont remember ever seeing any of the unlicensed titles besides the Camerica games at the video rental stores. Definitely not the Panesian games. I feel like I may have seen the Wisdom Tree games at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just drove back from Louisiana, I stopped in Longview, TX to do a bit of game shopping. I finally found a proper King of Fighters XIII with case for PS3, I haven't seen one since lockdowns started. It looks like a lot of the rarer games are coming back to store shelves as the people who bought them up cheap are selling them off for a huge profit (one store had a copy of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-All Star Battle for $159, I'm sure they bought it for $20 to $30 at lockdown). Next store had a European copy of Zero Time Dilemma for the PS4, and the store after that had Deadpool for PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Using up the last days of my vacation week, I've gone game hunting and flea market shopping. Didn't find anything while flea market shopping, but found PS3 stuff in game stores, movie stores, and a book store. Metal Gear Solid HD collection, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, The Incredible Hulk, Rango (why Rango? Because I've only seen it a few times since I've started collecting PS3 games, and one store had three of them, so I decided to pick it up rather than pass on it hoping it'll still be there the next time I'm that far away from where I live) and Attack on Titan (Japan only version).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the past few days I've had off I've hit a bunch of Half Price Books and Movie Trading Comapny stores, haven't been posting about stuff I've picked up from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went to a bunch of game stores and movie stores, only found anything at the last two stops at GameXchange stores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit a great game store that always seems to have something new or interesting as far as PS3 games go, and I picked up 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (with a weird age certification on the front - is this an all-Asia one or is it for a specific country?), and Another Century's Episode R. Stopped off at a Movie Trading Company and bought Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul for the PS4. This is a port from the PS3 version that was on the PS3 in Europe, Asia, and some Central and South American countries but I've never found in the wild. I've come across Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle, the European version, three or four times in stores and flea markets. But not Soldier's Soul, so I thought I'd better grab it since it'll be gone the next time I go to that store. Plus, it's a Euro import, and I love finding those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Isn't it amazing to see how much old systems are going for now? When I see an Atari Jaguar system going for over $400 in a game store, my eyes pop out like a cartoon character. I just wish I'd bought a few Jaguars when Kay-Bee Toys was clearing them out back in the day for next to nothing. Of course, I didn't have as much money to throw around in the '90s, but I should have picked a few up...
    yea your telling me, I did manage to snag a few good nes and snes games from the big bins they had in front of their registers but i remember seeing 3dos and cdi's, neo geos and games. they still had them when they were closing the store at my mall and i wished i had the money then.
    the one that kills me the most was the NES top loaders for $25 ea when K mart closed near me in high school. the one in our town was one of the first to go for some reason.

any way its paid off to just grab the spare systems for about $5 or $10 all these years and sit on them, cords and controllers for about $2 or $3 ea too.
    Except N64 controllers, i could never find many of them.

crappy thing about moving is you dont know where some of that stuff went, i know i have boxes of GC controllers but i cant find any but my wave birds and i am not selling those

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220217_224910596.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	10888

i'll do this Steve style

These are from the past few months

Animal Crossing for GC $50 complete
    Animal Crossing amiibo festival for WiiU (New) $5 from a Ross store on Maui of all places
    Star Wars the force unleashed for Wii complete $4
    Target Terror for Wii complete $5
    MGS4 for PS3 $4
    The Suffering for PS2 complete $4
    Megaman 11 for Switch (New) $20
    Super Bomberman R for Switch (New) $20

Not pictured
    Tetris 2 NES box only (w/foam) 10¢
    NES Organizer missing top drawer $2
    Epilogue GB Operator (New) $60

I was surprised to find a game in a Ross, let alone a WiiU game while on vacation in hawaii any wii u game for $5 new is worth picking up in my opinion. The PS2 and Wii games came from a local goodwill, for what ever reason the suffering and target terror command decent complete prices on price charting (here and here) which makes them pretty good trade bait if i absolutely cant stand them.

the switch games were things i came across while looking for another game called Billion Road. they were both games that were cheaper new than used at the game stop here and were games i wanted to try or try again. I have mega man 11 on PS4 but theres something about it that just feels like it doesn't flow right for a mega man game and i hope this version is different. doubt it though.

cant play most of these as my collection is still packed up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You know what I like? I like when game and/or movie stores have the same price for regular games as well as collector's editions. I've seen that a lot, the Uncharted 3 Steelbook edition was the same as the ordinary edition, $4.95. I didn't think I'd come across Killer Is Dead in a game and movie store, since I've maybe seen one or two on store shelves since lockdown began in 2020. But this is the collector's edition, but at the same price as the regular edition (at least the ones I've come across), $39.99. I'm really happy about that one. I have the Top Gun game/Blu-Ray movie combo already, but I've never seen it as a standalone game (why is the letter "L" in the word "lock" not capitalized? Is this a misprint?) and it was surprisingly cheap. Medal of Honor Airborne is the European version, which makes me wonder why it's not spelled "Honour". Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon is a game I'll never ever play (spiders the size of office buildings are pure nightmare fuel for me) but it was only twelve bucks, I grabbed it so I'd have both titles (that again I'll never play due to arachnophobia) that came out on the PS3.

I'm happy that a lot of the games that vanished from stores during lockdown are trickling back into those stores. It seems the prices are beginning to level out on them. The GameXchange I went to tonight had a copy of El Chavo Kart. I've been hoping to find one cheap since I found out about it (it's a racing game that only came out in Mexico and Brazil based on the Mexican TV show) but they wanted $119 for it, and it was in a generic case. Again, I love they charge the same price for titles whether they're regular or collector's editions, but they also charge the same for disc-only games in a blank case. Nope, no thanks. If they made it half off because it's disc-only, somebody would buy it, but not that much for a bare disc. Yikes.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

yea your telling me, I did manage to snag a few good nes and snes games from the big bins they had in front of their registers but i remember seeing 3dos and cdi's, neo geos and games. they still had them when they were closing the store at my mall and i wished i had the money then.
    the one that kills me the most was the NES top loaders for $25 ea when K mart closed near me in high school. the one in our town was one of the first to go for some reason.
    I remember the local Zellers stores having new Gameboy Micro Famicom editions on clearance for $40 each, I regret not buying them. They had a few sealed Gamecube systems as well. Of course Zellers closed down so they're long gone.

crappy thing about moving is you dont know where some of that stuff went, i know i have boxes of GC controllers but i cant find any but my wave birds and i am not selling those
    I'm still dealing with similar issues myself, it's been years since I've actually had any of my consoles hooked up to play. Just finding where certain items are stored is difficult.

The PS2 and Wii games came from a local goodwill, for what ever reason the suffering and target terror command decent complete prices on price charting (here and here) which makes them pretty good trade bait if i absolutely cant stand them.
    I'm surprised how much The Suffering is worth now. I had a copy years ago but I think I sold it off shortly after for cheap, it was missing the manual, or was possibly even disc only. I'm pretty sure I found it at a local game store for about $2. The game was ok but I couldn't get too into it for whatever reason, I think mostly because I didn't care about the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Medal of Honor Airborne is the European version, which makes me wonder why it's not spelled "Honour".
    It's because it's part of the trademark, so it's spelled a specific way. It's the same way here in Canada, lots of games and manuals are spelled the American way. Like the Gameboy Color isn't spelled "Colour".

I did find a few things recently, the local Salvation Army had a sale where media was any 10 for $5 so everything pictured below was $5 total. There were more decent DVDs but they were scratched so I passed on them. I don't usually post the few things I find anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My mother's health has been declining, and I haven't felt like doing a lot of game hunting for weeks. Today was the first time I wasn't depressed and wanted to go out and hunt some games. Dai 3 Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Tengokuhen for PS3 was bought a few weeks ago at a game store that's always got something unexpected. Nights of Azure 2 was bought at a movie store a couple weeks back. After watching a YouTube review of American Hero, a FMV game that was unreleased for the Atari Jaguar CD drive but has been remastered for the PS4, I went to a local game store today that is an authorized dealer of Limited Run Games hoping to find a copy, but they didn't have it. I did buy Dragon Striker (new) along with Dragon's Crown Pro (used, but it's the steelbook edition with an unopened pack of promo cards). Went to another store and bought a Taiwanese copy of Dynasty Warriors 7, Star Wars Squadrons (PS4), and Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition (PS4). Finished the day at another game store where I picked up a copy of Strafe (which says "not for sale" on the back).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to a Half Price Books today, found two German Atari 2600 games in the glass case, See-Monster and Phantom Panzer, $10 each (with a sticker on the side saying they were homebrews). Later I went to a game store and bought River City Melee Battle Royal SP, a Region 3 Japanese/Chinese/English release. Got it home and was shocked to find that I already had the Limited Run US release of the game, factory sealed. Well, crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

everything was pretty dry up until last week but i'll start off with the swap meet about a month ago.

so yea about a month ago they held the portland retro gaming expo swap meet. it was a cool deal i got rid of big bulky items that i didnt want to move any more to good homes and found some interesting stuff to take back with me.

I couldnt tell you what i paid for each because there was so much trading and swapping and things. i bought empty game cases to make my loose games complete and then traded that now complete game for other things, it was crazy but fun

Name:	PXL_20220308_062753214.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	10896

all i can say is at the end of the day i had this pile of loot and about an extra $120 more than i started with, total win win each way because i traded/gave away some rare or unusual things i didnt want to move any more and they went to some very interested people. of course rare doesn't always mean big bucks, or any bucks. nothing went to the dump which is my end goal for some things.

flash forward to about a week and a half ago and i went to help a buddy move in the town i used to live in and i stopped by the game store there and they had this:

Name:	PXL_20220408_230721995.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	10897

i put a black PSP 3000 system and case to it and paid $150 difference.
    sure its expensive but its one that i've never seen out and about before, even when it was new, and i was always interested in it so i figured why not.

i've been going to thrifts and havent found pretty much nothing except wii cords and most of them i pass up because i wont pay $10 or $15 for cords but suddenly last week i found this

Name:	PXL_20220408_230700769.jpg 
Views:	526 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	10898

Mario, Black ops and overwatch are empty cases i found to replace some junky ones i have already

that center stack was $15 from a goodwill outlet that did it mostly in bulk
    the DS games were $3 and $4
    word coach DS is sealed
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were $2 from a different thrifts and are in strange paper envelopes, i havent seen that before
    that middle case is a blockbuster case for star fox adventures. i think most every one passed it up at the outlet but i checked it and it was rattling around in there

check block buster cases people!

i try to go thrifting once a week, usually on a wednesday, to get out of the house while i am trying to figure life out and i missed last wednesday so i went yesterday instead and oh boy.

Name:	PXL_20220408_231011134.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	10899

Dreamcast sports games
    PSP little big planet
    PSP star wars
    Wii Monster lab totaled about $20 (outlet some individually marked some bulk)

2x Champ powerpad 100 genesis controllers $3 ea
    PSX OG controller $4

Xbone with PSU and Controller $25!

i dont normally buy sports games but when i saw dreamcast i figured i would appease the thrifting gods and buy them anyway. well that must have tickled their fancy because i found an Xbone for $25 at my last stop of the day, Salvation Army, the irony there. got it home, tested it and checked it out, looks like a family system, lots of accounts and when i connected it to the internet the accounts de synced and asked for passwords which is a good sign that they deregistered the system from the main account and when i wiped it and connected it with my M$ account it updated and worked fine so cool beans.

normally i dont buy 3rd party controllers but although the housings on these feel cheap the buttons and d pad feel much better than the OEM genesis controllers (i always felt genny controllers felt crappy any way).
    as far as the PSX controller, well i cant turn down a decent one of these for a good price.

so today i went out to get some xbone games since i dont have any and i dont want to dig out my 360 stuff and got...

Name:	PXL_20220408_231107935.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	10900

Starwars battlefront $3
    Battlefield 1 $5

PacMan PnP $5

I hate ea but interestingly enough thats pretty much the only company that has non sports games in thrift stores on a regular basis, and its not like i lined their pockets buying them either so i guess its ok.
    In the long run i am going to sell/trade the xbone and these games so it'll just help move it a bit faster.

the pacman PnP was just hanging out.

i find all sorts of interesting non gaming things at thrift stores, i've started to resell some things but its mostly now to piss my mom off because shes stuck on this thing of a few wallets i bought for 30 cents weeks ago complaining about how i am going to have so much more to move than when this divorce thing happened so i buy shit i dont need and hide it around the house, and its things that have nothing to do with my hobbies. Shes so fixated on the strangest things with out realizing how hypocritical she is. i sacrificed about 8 medium boxes of things after i moved initially and tons of clothes not to mention all the things i gave up when i sold my house 6 months ago.

as you can see i'm quite irritated about it.

anyway hopefully i'll keep finding more
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 04-08-2022 at 07:11 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (04-09-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

i am wayy behind posting pickups here..but today went to gamestop and found dragon quest ix on ds...cart only for 24.99 as well as guilty gear xrd rev 2 on ps4 for 19.99....last weekend got a fairly large haul..went to retro game pop up market via a local fb group about an hour from my house...picked up mechwarrior, tetris/dr mario, mario is missing all on snes....dracula and super streetfighter 2 on genesis both complete...sonic allstar racing on wii...there's others but i cant remember