Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

bought Mega Man 2 CIB sans the I. condition wasnt the greatest but for $50 i thought it was a good deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ran around a lot today, found nothing, and noticed a pattern afterwards - if there was a convenient parking space right up front next to the entrance, I didn't find squat inside. Anyhoo, Deus Ex Augmented Edition (Xbox 360), Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (non-working, I'll have to return it), ModNation Racers, and Soul Calibur IV were all from GameXchange. Asura's Wrath was from a Movie Trading Company, where I also saw some college kid steal a Nightmare Before Christmas wallet and walk out, I only figured it out after seeing the tags he tore off before slinking out the door. These physical media stores are barely hanging on in this day and age, but some little prick still can't resist stealing from them and putting them one step closer to closing. Bastard.

Tears to Tiara II, Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day, and Under Defeat HD were all Amazon purchases. I'm getting to the point where I'm not coming across the obscure PS3 releases now, and I'm having to hunt them online. I think I'm reaching the end of my collecting phase of Playstation 3 games. I've got all the common games I'm interested in and have most of the Japanese games that will undoubtedly go up in price to wallet-destroying degrees in the next decade. I'm now searching for Hong Kong online game stores where I can find Asian releases that were only translated into English for release there. My need to collect PS3 games should run out of steam soon, and it's kind of a sad feeling. I haven't really collected anything in years, it was nice to have that rush again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit a GameXchange store or two today, I was looking around while the clerk found the discs to the games, and saw they had a Sony Playstation 3DTV. I'd been looking for one of these for some time, it was $199 which is cheaper than used ones on Amazon, so I bought it. I have no clue how to use it, though. The image is a bit muddy and the brightness is low, but it didn't come with a remote. The salesguy threw in one that somebody gave them recently, and I got it to sync with the PS3 but it doesn't work on the TV. Apparently I need one that has an infrared port on it, not this Bluetooth one? I don't know. I popped in Motorstorm Armageddon, and the 3D didn't quite work. Either the image is badly stretched, or its showing entirely different images between the right and left eyes, not ones that should sync together into a 3D perspective. I have no idea how to even charge the glasses up. But at least I now have my own 3D Blu-Ray player and monitor. I need to hunt down a HD copy of the movie Dredd now, and I'll be happy.

Last edited by Steve W; 10-06-2020 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Me gots gud grammar an' junk.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Not really gaming-related per se but I did find a couple diamonds in the rough when I was buying some VHS lots

Diddy Kong Racing promo, sealed
    Goonies 1986 edition
    Idle Hands
    Forever Evil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

never see that control only i see the 3 button version

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

today I found some Genesis boxes

Rocket Knight Adventure
    Skeleton Krew
    Shining in the Darkness

$2.99 a piece

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i havent been able to find any games lately as living in a town of mostly raisins there isnt much open still and not much in the way of yard/garage sales

so i bought a 6th car:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200825_182448.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	10790

yep... 6
    i recently started buying cheap cars to tinker on over the winter. last one was a mercedes, a fairly rare but rather worthless one. Bought it non running, got it running (quite well for 320k/mi) and supposedly theres a check in the mail for it from some one in pittsburg that really wanted it. but until that gets here.... yep 6 cars

Any way

1993 Volvo 240
    2.3L Injected 4 Cyl
    Auto
    New tires
    ~115k/mi (odometer broke recently)
    looks like hell but its truly a "low milage" volvo
    Never Garaged
    Occasionally Repaired

I bought this from my work, when i started working the ODO was still working and at 90 some thousand miles, its stopped at 110k/mi and although its sat a lot since then its probably close to 115k/mi at this point

also i can do this to it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went looking in different stores yesterday, trying to find a remote control for that Playstation 3DTV with no luck. But I picked up some more PS3 games, the four on the bottom of the stack. Atelier Totori is the last Atelier PS3 game I needed, and thanks to a coupon it was free.

The top two games are Amazon purchases, a British version of Wipeout Fury and a Japanese version of Okami - I'd read that it had an English text option, looking at it now it has "only for Japan" plastered all over it so I'm thinking there's probably no English on it, and it's probably region-locked. Maybe it's certain releases that have an English option? Like the Hong Kong release?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Once my afternoon was free I went on a hunt to find a remote control for my Playstation 3DTV. Didn't find one. I'm also looking for the LED sensors for the GunCon3 I bought a while back. Can't find those either. I did buy a few games but sadly not the accessories I really was looking for.

Ratchet & Clank Collection is 3D supposedly, but I didn't find any options to switch the 3D on. I still ended up playing it for 5 hours straight though. Xblaze Lost:Memories is still factory sealed, and I'd heard good things about El Shaddai and I almost never see it in stores, so I grabbed it.

I've been buying up all these interesting games that I get the feeling I won't be able to find farther down the road. A store I went into a few weeks ago had a loose set of Steel Battalion controls for the Xbox with a copy of the game for $500. I ended up passing on Rule of Rose for the PS2 at a Fry's Electronics back in the day, and never saw it again. Amazon is selling used copies starting at $650. Basically, if I want to play these weird Japanese games eventually, I should pick them up now while they're affordable. Some PS3 titles are already going up in price drastically, I have to decide whether or not I really need a copy of Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail, a bullet train simulator. It definitely won't go down in price in the future (it was released in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and therefore has English translation). It's something I don't need, but the oddball gameplay kind of intrigues me. But not enough to shell out over $100.
    Last edited by Steve W; 10-14-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hit a Movie Trading Company store tonight, bought Watchmen: The End is Nigh "The Complete Experience" and Hatsune Miku Project Diva F2. In all the PS3 game hunts I've been doing since January I've only seen the Watchmen game in 2 stores, so I finally bought one of them. I've heard it's a mediocre beat-em'-up, but at least it comes with the movie which I haven't seen before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went game hunting yesterday, picked up Worms Revolution Collection, Farcry 4, Armored Core Verdict Day, and Motorstorm Pacific Rift at a store called Game Trade. I got my copy of Pain off Amazon yesterday morning, shipped in from Greece. It's another example of a game I bought used (usually described as Good to Acceptable) , only to find they've sent me a factory sealed game. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just surprised I keep having this kind of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

And yet again, I ordered two games from two different Amazon 3rd party resellers for titles that were described as "Used-Good", and they come in new and factory sealed. Not only was Iron Sky: Invasion factory sealed, they also threw in an art book, a huge poster, and a DVD of extras and I'm guessing a "making of" video. Turns out I didn't order it from a reseller, it came from the publisher themselves. Cool!

I bought Record of Agarest War (or its foreign name at least) because I have Record of Agarest War Zero and the sequel, but in the US they never published the first game. So it's best to grab it now before nostalgia kicks in and PS3 prices start shooting up.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think it's unlikely that there will be a surge in PS3 game prices years from now... there's nothing nostalgiac to me about a game from 2006 that could be mistaken for a game made in 2020. I think video games have plateaued in the last decade, the same way smartphones and TVs have. no one today is nostalgiac for a smartphone made in 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Eventually, people will become nostalgic. Although most of the time they just remaster games from previous generations. I can see PS3 games going up in price to awkward degrees. Look at GameCube games... I bought my library back in the day, and now I look at some of the games and gasp. N64 games didn't interest anybody for years, but eventually people started flocking back and driving prices way up. So this is the best time to pick up all those niche, oddball titles while they're still affordable.

Went on another fruitless quest to find a remote control for a Playstation 3DTV. I picked up Monopoly, Bladestorm, F.E.A.R.3, and Killzone Collection. I bought Monopoly because most places charge over twenty bucks for it but this place had it for $9.99. I also got the Killzone game since I never played the first game. I tried playing the third Killzone game because it was in 3D, but I had no idea how to control it or what was happening. So I'll go back to the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ordered a couple of games off Amazon. Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! was factory sealed, but Putty Squad was used and came in a pretty damaged case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Tried hunting down a Playstation 3DTV remote again, with no luck. I did finally get my hands on a copy of Shadows of the Damned for PS3 (once I was interested in finding the game every place I'd seen it sold them all) and I picked up the game Project Zero 2 for the PAL Wii without even thinking that I might not be able to play it on an NTSC Wii. It looked super cool and creepy so I just grabbed it, knowing I might never find another copy in the wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Before doing some grocery shopping I stopped at a Movie Trading Company and bought the Days of Thunder game/movie pack and Inversion for the PS3. I'm running out of games for that console that interest me, but I don't want to give up that thrill of collecting just yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not a great deal ($27), but got what looks to be complete "Poochie and Yoshi's Wooly World"for Nintendo 3DS. My son always wants to play his Wii U version but everyone else is on the Wii U playing Smash Bros. or Rayman Legends or what have you. It's a game he can actually PLAY all right next to Bubble Bobble (which lives on my soft-modded Xbox down in the basement). Hopefully the 3DS version plays similarly so he can get the chance to play it.

Way to keep the thrill alive Steve W! I've been consolidating my games as I don't have the room or the chance to really play a lot of it, save for portable. I do collect DS/3DS games I like, as that doesn't take much room. It's been slim pickings though in the realm of bargins. I've been avoiding the retro-toy shop as they have a decent inventory but prices have gone up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to YoshiM For This Useful Post:

Steve W (11-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    Way to keep the thrill alive Steve W!
    To be honest, I really miss the joy of hunting down games, and it's great that I have a new console to collect for. It used to be that on my days off, I'd hit thrift stores all afternoon in sections of the area. But now that so many of my favorite thrift stores are either permanently closed or heavily picked over, I don't bother going out. But I still miss all the searching. Now that I have a console to focus on, I'll spend hours driving around to game or movie stores, kind of like the old days. I don't really need to list and photograph everything I get, but I find the lack of posts on this thread a little bit sad. I just want to keep it going, maybe it'll get others to start hitting the thrift stores again.

I'm going on vacation next week, I'm looking forward to looking for games in stores that I haven't gone through a thousand times before. I'll hit some thrifts there, but I never expect anything any more.

I didn't take a photo of it, but I ordered the PS3 game After Hours Athletes (a UK release) off Amazon. It's a repackaging of High Velocity Bowling with a darts game and a pool game tacked on. I don't even have a Playstation Move, either. I guess I know what accessory I'm going to be buying next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

When I do look, it's pretty much nothin'. Local St Vinny's has some PS3, Wii, XBox 360 and XBOne games but I'm not in the market for those as I don't get chances to play those systems. Right now I keep an eye out for DS/3DS and Vita games.

Though speaking of DS games-I found a couple Nancy Drew titles (hoping to entice the wife as she's a big fan of the books), Brain Age 2 and America's Test Kitchen (?) complete for $2.50 each a few weeks ago.