I can't find any definitive information about whether Taito's Puzzle de Pon! or Puzzle de Pon! R ever got a home release anywhere in the world, Japan or otherwise. It's a shame if there are no home ports as Puzzle de Pon! is an excellent Bust-a-Move-style arcade puzzle game.

If you have the time, then you should watch videos of Puzzle de Pon! and/or Puzzle de Pon! R on YouTube to get an idea of how awesome these Taito puzzle games actually are. Sadly, I was able to only ever play it in person once; this was at a Las Vegas arcade perhaps twenty years ago or more. I have never even seen it once in person since then. Information about the games is sparse on the Internet.

I find it strange and ...puzzling... how these games seem to have never gotten a home port to any console or handheld in any way, shape, or form despite how popular Taito's other somewhat similar series, Bust-a-Move (Puzzle Bobble) is. After all, Bust-a-Move has gotten a ton of ports and sequels, many of which were released in the West. But despite all of the ports and compilations of Taito's games, as far as I can find, there have never been any home ports of Puzzle de Pon! nor Puzzle de Pon! R.

I mean, there are the Neo Geo AES / MVS copies of Puzzle de Pon! and Puzzle de Pon! R from back-in-the-day, but while those originals are affordable by Neo Geo standards, the hardware to play them is much more pricey than I'm willing to pay to play! Perhaps I should just buy a MVS copy of Puzzle de Pon! or Puzzle de Pon! R and play it via MAME? I know there is always the option of, "Don't buy anything, just download them from the Internet!" but I'm talking about owning and preferably playing legitimate copies here.