Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got questions on Flashcarts, Softmods, RGB, etc.?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Japanese castlevania 3 of course runs on a custom mapper for that extra sound channel.So even i can hear difference and i have a copy of the game as well.U.S,CV3 music is so muted while JPN sounds more crisp and clear to me.
    To me it sounds like there is another sound channel. Ive listened to the CastleVania 3 soundtrack alot in my car, so when I hear the US nes cart version it sounds lacking.
    I have an original power pack and it doesnt play famicom games that utilize that chip, but i think there is a mod for them.
    Ive had my power pak for maybe like 8 years or so, and put it through some heavy use and it works perfectly every time. I would say that if you dont wanna buy the Pro version, buy a cheap/used flash cart instead; Id guess alot of people will be upgrading once newer flash cart models become available

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    To me it sounds like there is another sound channel. Ive listened to the CastleVania 3 soundtrack alot in my car, so when I hear the US nes cart version it sounds lacking.
    I have an original power pack and it doesnt play famicom games that utilize that chip, but i think there is a mod for them.
    Ive had my power pak for maybe like 8 years or so, and put it through some heavy use and it works perfectly every time. I would say that if you dont wanna buy the Pro version, buy a cheap/used flash cart instead; Id guess alot of people will be upgrading once newer flash cart models become available
    I don't remember if it was the PowerPak I had, or the early N8, but on one of them the sound was wrong on JP CV3. The main issue was that sound effects were too loud compared to the music. I use a regular N8 now and the sound is much better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jperryss For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (02-15-2020)

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

https://hackaday.com/2012/09/22/addi...p-the-console/

This is a neat trick I'd like NES flashcarts to incorporate as an option for people who don't want to mod their console. Just add the audio channels with a mixing cable.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by jperryss View Post
    I don't remember if it was the PowerPak I had, or the early N8, but on one of them the sound was wrong on JP CV3. The main issue was that sound effects were too loud compared to the music. I use a regular N8 now and the sound is much better.
    Yeah, the regular power pak wont play the Japanese CV3, or it might play it with messed up music.
    It can play one version of gimmick, but without sound or messed up sound, i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Right i never thought of buying a power pak since my current setup is a famicom av.When,krikzz came out with the everdrive n8 i kept passing it up on the original version since i was short on money.Since the pro everdrive n8 has the most features and compatibility i may go that route.