Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got questions on Flashcarts, Softmods, RGB, etc.?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Japanese castlevania 3 of course runs on a custom mapper for that extra sound channel.So even i can hear difference and i have a copy of the game as well.U.S,CV3 music is so muted while JPN sounds more crisp and clear to me.
    To me it sounds like there is another sound channel. Ive listened to the CastleVania 3 soundtrack alot in my car, so when I hear the US nes cart version it sounds lacking.
    I have an original power pack and it doesnt play famicom games that utilize that chip, but i think there is a mod for them.
    Ive had my power pak for maybe like 8 years or so, and put it through some heavy use and it works perfectly every time. I would say that if you dont wanna buy the Pro version, buy a cheap/used flash cart instead; Id guess alot of people will be upgrading once newer flash cart models become available

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    To me it sounds like there is another sound channel. Ive listened to the CastleVania 3 soundtrack alot in my car, so when I hear the US nes cart version it sounds lacking.
    I have an original power pack and it doesnt play famicom games that utilize that chip, but i think there is a mod for them.
    Ive had my power pak for maybe like 8 years or so, and put it through some heavy use and it works perfectly every time. I would say that if you dont wanna buy the Pro version, buy a cheap/used flash cart instead; Id guess alot of people will be upgrading once newer flash cart models become available
    I don't remember if it was the PowerPak I had, or the early N8, but on one of them the sound was wrong on JP CV3. The main issue was that sound effects were too loud compared to the music. I use a regular N8 now and the sound is much better.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jperryss For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (02-15-2020)

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

https://hackaday.com/2012/09/22/addi...p-the-console/

This is a neat trick I'd like NES flashcarts to incorporate as an option for people who don't want to mod their console. Just add the audio channels with a mixing cable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by jperryss View Post
    I don't remember if it was the PowerPak I had, or the early N8, but on one of them the sound was wrong on JP CV3. The main issue was that sound effects were too loud compared to the music. I use a regular N8 now and the sound is much better.
    Yeah, the regular power pak wont play the Japanese CV3, or it might play it with messed up music.
    It can play one version of gimmick, but without sound or messed up sound, i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Right i never thought of buying a power pak since my current setup is a famicom av.When,krikzz came out with the everdrive n8 i kept passing it up on the original version since i was short on money.Since the pro everdrive n8 has the most features and compatibility i may go that route.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Terraonion MODE Dreamcast & Saturn FPGA ODE

https://shop.terraonion.com/en/home/...aturn_ODE.html

Fully compatible with ALL revisions on both systems! Full 21st century menu GUI!

Pre-order (Currently estimated to ship in late-June/early-July)

Introducing MODE (Multi Optical Disc Emulator) for SEGA Saturn & Dreamcast!

•Auto region patching (loads games from different regions without patching games)
    • Auto detects the console it's plugged into. No jumpers to configure.
    • SATA 2.5 HDD compatible with exfat (works with both hard drives and SSD drives)
    • MicroSD
    • USB for USB thumbdrives and powered USB hard drives

100% compatible with all Saturn and Dreamcast games!

• Compatible with Redump and Tosec images (for both Dreamcast/Saturn)
    • Compatible with CDI, GDI, CCD, MDF, bin/iso+cue images
    • Plug and play, no soldering required!
    • 2 User interfaces: Simple list view and Advanced Cover Art
    • Supports multiple Disc games
    • Zero seek times providing faster load times
    • Supports Mpeg card, ActionReplay/PseudoSaturnKai, Saturn RAM cart compatible
    • DC Digital, DreamPSU and PicoPSU compatible
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

There's things that actually come from Andorra?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    There's things that actually come from Andorra?
    Well the guy who runs it is there yes. There is an American, I forgot his name, who you see at the beginning of the video, too. Anyway, USA doesn't pay the duties on it regardless, it's more a mess for places like Brazil.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Anyone use a a 340-in-1 Retro Super 64? It looks like an Everdrive 64 v 2.5 clone.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

The Mega Everdrive Pro is now out from Krikzz. For a great review and compare to the MegaSD I differ to the illustrious Joe Redifer of Game Sack.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/59-meg...drive-pro.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I sub to gamesack so i've seen the mega everdrive pro review all ready.Still it's not a perfect flash cart from what i've seen but at least it's cheaper then terraonion,mega sd.Speaking of flash carts the game drive for the jaguar is out finally.

Really in the market of retro video games flash carts and optical drive emulators are the best thing to come out of it.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

It's been out awhile, but he had to retool his distribution, so Atari Age and Dragon Box will handle it. Neither are taking orders yet though. His Neo Geo Pocket Color is at Dragon Box and Stone Age Gamer, while his Lynx cart will be handled the same way as the Jag with Dragon and Atari Age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    It's been out awhile, but he had to retool his distribution, so Atari Age and Dragon Box will handle it. Neither are taking orders yet though. His Neo Geo Pocket Color is at Dragon Box and Stone Age Gamer, while his Lynx cart will be handled the same way as the Jag with Dragon and Atari Age.
    Ahh then i thought i heard about that last year it was over the game drive distribution problems.Then i forgot all about the flash cart beside i'm seeing reviews for it now on youtube.I don't know if id go through the trouble to buy a jaguar now given,they have become rather pricey.Still it's good for it's fans since it's library of games have become expensive as well.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The Mega Everdrive Pro is now out from Krikzz. For a great review and compare to the MegaSD I differ to the illustrious Joe Redifer of Game Sack.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/59-meg...drive-pro.html
    The only issue I have is with it just using Micro SD cards instead of standard SD cards, it's just easier and cheaper to find useable SD cards over Micro SD cards. It's not like it needed to save space like a cell phone or GBA flash cart. It's just a minor issue overall though.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Ahh then i thought i heard about that last year it was over the game drive distribution problems.Then i forgot all about the flash cart beside i'm seeing reviews for it now on youtube.I don't know if id go through the trouble to buy a jaguar now given,they have become rather pricey.Still it's good for it's fans since it's library of games have become expensive as well.
    They go up and down, I paid $125 a year ago. This is the worst time to shop for old game hardware though, there's just not that much on eBay so it's all $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The only issue I have is with it just using Micro SD cards instead of standard SD cards, it's just easier and cheaper to find useable SD cards over Micro SD cards. It's not like it needed to save space like a cell phone or GBA flash cart. It's just a minor issue overall though.
    I agree but unfortunately they're all going with microSD's now. Terra Onion's stuff is all microSD.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Brand new X-Station Playstation 1 ODE is out for pre-order. Supposedly full compatibility and works on Redump and ISO's. Limitation is that you need one of the early PS1 models, basically 1000/5000 series. $99 USD

https://castlemaniagames.com/collect...ducts/xstation

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

https://stoneagegamer.com/terraonion...aturn-ode.html

MODE Stone Age Gamer pre-orders open NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I recently got both an SD System 3 and a MegaSD system, and both are amazingly awesome. Totally worth the price tag, imho.

https://stoneagegamer.com/terraonion...aturn-ode.html

MODE Stone Age Gamer pre-orders open NOW!
    I would buy one of these also if i diddnt already own soo many saturn DC games.

Also, MicroSD 32gb Cards are like 6$ each shipped on ebay (for those of u saying they are expensive). For most systems, one will hold an entire library++ of games, for other systems you may need 2-3 32gb size ones.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 08-29-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I recently got both an SD System 3 and a MegaSD system, and both are amazingly awesome. Totally worth the price tag, imho.

I would buy one of these also if i diddnt already own soo many saturn DC games.

Also, MicroSD 32gb Cards are like 6$ each shipped on ebay (for those of u saying they are expensive). For most systems, one will hold an entire library++ of games, for other systems you may need 2-3 32gb size ones.
    As it turned out, Stone Age made a mistake, and failed to markup the price on their page, so anyone who ordered one initially (include moi) got a $30 savings. It's now 229.99 on there. I usually get microSD at Micro Center, I have a store near me, they're dirt cheap.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Greg2600 For This Useful Post:

bb_hood (08-30-2020)