ok, this is something that amazes me to no end.

In the year 20xx man kind has yet to figure out how to make a retro game compilation for a modern era console that doesn't run like absolute crap.

I recently got mega man x collection for PS4 the other day thinking it would be playable on my modern console on a modern tv with a modern setup.
Apparently i was wrong for thinking this, its total crap, input lag like a mofo, this is a trend i have noticed with most of these compilations in one form or another
Some times its tolerable other times its not, some times its the input lag, some times its the poor sound emulation, most of the time its the inability to turn off the hugely distracting screen borders.

But usually its all of the above.

To rule some things out on the nearly measurable in seconds input lag on the mega man x legacy collection on PS4 i looked up some reviews about this very topic and found that of them all, X4 was the worst.
So i dug my rarely used PS3 out, hooked it up to the same tv, jammed my PSX version of X4 into the drive and went to town. WORLDS BETTER, very little input lag. This was to test if it was my setup or if it was shitty programming/emulation.

well its squarely the crap emulation...

Come on, its 2020, figure it the hell out!
Shit runs better on a $30 single board computer any more and it wont hardly run on my $250 PS4?