Thread: Anyone else find spring puts them in the mood for horror games?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Anyone else find spring puts them in the mood for horror games?

Yeah, I'm weird like that. Usually by the time Halloween rolls around I've lost interest in horror.

So I kinda wanna play Silent Hill 3 and 4 (which I've never played before) but, well.... they might be out of my price range. Tho hit me up if you've got ones for trade (all I care about is that the disk is in good condition--BTW I only have a PS2, not an X-Box and I'm dubious about the PC versions).

But while I'm saving up my pennies, what other horror games should I look at? You guys know of any overlooked gems or little-discussed oddities?

Doesn't have to be old, either, since I am always looking for more Switch games. Basically just.... discuss.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Yeah, I'm weird like that. Usually by the time Halloween rolls around I've lost interest in horror.

So I kinda wanna play Silent Hill 3 and 4 (which I've never played before) but, well.... they might be out of my price range. Tho hit me up if you've got ones for trade (all I care about is that the disk is in good condition--BTW I only have a PS2, not an X-Box and I'm dubious about the PC versions).

But while I'm saving up my pennies, what other horror games should I look at? You guys know of any overlooked gems or little-discussed oddities?

Doesn't have to be old, either, since I am always looking for more Switch games. Basically just.... discuss.
    Ive never been in the mood for horror games (or movies) unless it was mid September to 10-31 hehe. with that being said, some of my favorite horror games are probably ones youve played and or well known.

one that doesnt get talked about much is Overblood for PS1. it was kind of a Resident Evil ripoff with a sci-fi theme. Its kind of unique and hard to find

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Spring puts me in the mood for breeding

actually its when i dont play games much at all because i start to get ready to hunker down for the summer terrors that affect my household.
    I dont like summer

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Yeah, I hate the more extreme seasons. Summer is always too hot, winter is too cold. Spring and Fall are usually just right, but last year things were insane.... September still felt summer-ish, which made Halloween weird for me because I just couldn't see watching horror movies on such hot days where there were still green leaves on the trees. But then my area barely got a winter at all.

As Yotsuba would say: "Glow Ball Warming!"

Tho I think Spring essentially being Fall in reverse would explain the fascination with horror it gives me.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Puts me in the mood for 90s happy colorful platformers

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Summer puts me in the mood for bright, sunny games like StarTropics and Super Mario Sunshine. Any other kind of game is fair game for any other time of year.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Yeah, I hate the more extreme seasons. Summer is always too hot, winter is too cold. Spring and Fall are usually just right, but last year things were insane.... September still felt summer-ish, which made Halloween weird for me because I just couldn't see watching horror movies on such hot days where there were still green leaves on the trees. But then my area barely got a winter at all.

As Yotsuba would say: "Glow Ball Warming!"

Tho I think Spring essentially being Fall in reverse would explain the fascination with horror it gives me.
    any season is fine as long as it isnt summer, i find it easier to keep warm than cool.... and i am not that fat

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Spring puts me in the mood for being outside. I usually dont think a ton about gaming but Mario Sunshine and Sonic Adventure are usually my go-to games for summer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Horror theme games i'm more likely to play them around the fall.Spring/Summer for me is more platformers etc.Though the resident evil 3 remake is coming soon so that will make me change my mind.