Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evercade by Blaze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All 3 Evercade Bundles were announced.

The Evercade VS Standard Pack pre-orders start on May 28th.
    It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Evercade VS Console, and 1 Evercade VS Evercade Controller. It costs $99.99.

Evercade VS Premium pack pre-orders start on May 28th. It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Data East Arcade 1, Evercade VS Console, and 2 Evercade VS controllers. It costs $129.99.

Evercade Founders Edition is a limited Edition for May 27th with it starting 2 in the Morning Pacific Time Zone. It comes with Technos Arcade 1, Data East Arcade 1, Gaelco Arcade 1, Atari Arcade 1, Bitmap Brothers Collection 1, Intellivision Collection 1, Evercade VS Console, 2 Evercade VS Controllers, Evercade VS founder edition keyring, Evercade Black Link cable, Founder Edition Certificate of Authenticity, 2 Evercade VS Art Cards, Evercade Exclusive founder edition poster, and Evercade VS Steel Book Cartridge Holder. It costs $225.00.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Renovation Collection 1 for early 2022 with pre-orders starting in November 2021. Renovation Collection 1 has 12 games.

The games are the following:
    Arcus Odyssey
    Beast Wrestler
    Dino Land
    El Viento
    Exile
    Final Zone
    Gaiares
    Granada
    Sol-Deace
    Traysia
    Valis: The Fantasm Soldier
    Valis 3

While some of these games sound like Turbo CD games, the Genesis versions of the games in the Renovation collection 1.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 07-15-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Bitmap Collection 1 and Intellivision collection 1 has been delayed till November 3rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze today announced Bitmap Brothers Collection 1, Intellivision Collection 1, Technos Arcade 1, Data East Arcade 1, Gaelco arcade 1, Atari arcade 1, and Evercade VS have been delayed. The 6 collections and the VS shipping window is between December 8th and December 17th. The shipping window for Canada and the United States is Estimated at January 14th, 2022. It is due to Global freight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced a new cartridge will be announced in early December. A special Edition Evercade Handheld will shortly be available without pre-order.

More cartridge collections are being close to being signed and unveiled for 2022 and beyond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The delay is now longer for Evercade VS for Canada and North America with it now being January 31st. Here is where I got it from:
    https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-rele...te-vs-delayed/

What I can tell is people in Canada and North America will receive Evercade VS before that date if they pre-ordered it online from a retailer such as Funstock. Funstock is located in UK.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 12-04-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    The delay is now longer for Evercade VS for Canada and North America with it now being January 31st. Here is where I got it from:
    https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-rele...te-vs-delayed/

What I can tell is people in Canada and North America will receive Evercade VS before that date if they pre-ordered it online from a retailer such as Funstock. Funstock is located in UK.
    As the late Tom Petty said-"The waiting is the hardest part".

Thanks for the update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze Entertainment on Monday gave information about 2022. Starting January 1st, 2022 Evercade handheld system cost will be increased for starter pack 79.99 pound 89.99 Euros and $89.99. The Premium Pack for the Evercade handheld be increased to 99.99 pounds, 109.99 Euros, and $109.99 They mentioned this change is caused by high demand and shortage of screens and chips.

Evercade cartridges increased to 17.99 pounds and 19.99 Euros. Price does not change for United States.

4 Current Evercade games will be discontinued due to limited time agreements. Those games are Namco collection 1 & 2 and they end production in June of 2022. Oliver Twins Collection 1 will no longer be production in March of 2022. Technos collection 1 will no end in March of 2022.

There is good news. Blaze announced they will be releasing cartridges games in 2022. They already signed deals for 9 of the 15 cartridges. The other 6 are very close to be signed. They said there will be Arcade Collections, Indie cartridges, and home console classics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Evercade has a hotline now. That hotline has announcements for new games, new carts, and new hardware. You also find out new tricks & tips from that hotline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Gremlin Collection 1. The collection has 8 bit, 16 bit and 32 games.

The games are Actua Soccer aka VR Soccer in North America for Playstation, Brain Bender (Game Boy), Hardcore 4 x 4 - originally called TNN Motor Sports Hardcore 4 x4 (Playstation), Premier Manager 97 (Genesis) Utopia - Creation of a Nation (SNES), and Zool (Appears to be Genesis version).

Rennovation Collection 1 and Gremlin collection 1 will have pre-orders on December 15th.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 12-10-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Evercade has a hotline now. That hotline has announcements for new games, new carts, and new hardware. You also find out new tricks & tips from that hotline.
    An actual, bone-fide call in hotline? Oh man, when going the retro route, they go all the way don't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Don't expect any new announcements from Blaze not till the later part of this month in terms of Evercade. Blaze is having big problems with Shipping Evercade VS. in the United States right now in terms of companies like Amazon. There is a lack of trucks problem for shipping in terms of the United States concerning Evercade Vs. systems. Blaze's distributor claims the date now achievable for United States is February 25th.

Here is the source:
    https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-vs-u...g-information/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Don't expect any new announcements from Blaze not till the later part of this month in terms of Evercade. Blaze is having big problems with Shipping Evercade VS. in the United States right now in terms of companies like Amazon. There is a lack of trucks problem for shipping in terms of the United States concerning Evercade Vs. systems. Blaze's distributor claims the date now achievable for United States is February 25th.

Here is the source:
    https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-vs-u...g-information/
    I played Evercade VS already due to my younger brother. He pre-ordered it from Songbird Productions and got it last week. What I know is People who pre-ordered from Songbird Productions get theirs in the United States already.

Songbird Productions is a Atari Lynx and Atari Jaguar seller online that also does homebrew games for the Jaguar and the Lynx. Some of the Atari Lynx games on Evercade are owned by Songbird Productions and do sell Evercade products on their website. They are a small company in Minnesota. I don't know how they got their shipments already, but they did.

The only people right now in the United Stated that already have their Evercade VS where they live is from pre-ordering it outside of the United States or from from Songbird.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Blaze announced a new cartridge will be announced in early December. A special Edition Evercade Handheld will shortly be available without pre-order.

More cartridge collections are being close to being signed and unveiled for 2022 and beyond.

The Special Handheld Edition was a $135 Purple version sold only at Funstock UK. Scalpers have a few on eBay. I purchased a VS Premium Pack from VideoGamesPlus in Canada because it offered free shipping. They had a Intellivision 1 cartridge and a Bitmap Brothers 1 cartridge bundle with free shipping that I also ordered. Ordered them last Sunday and had a shipping confirmation Monday. I did not see Songbird or Funstock offering free shipping, but Amazon is if you don't mind waiting until the end of month to get your order. VideoGamesPlus is out of the VS Starter Packs and Songbird and Funstock are out of the VS Premium Packs. The newer slate of Evercade cartrides are hit or miss no matter where you look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The Special Handheld Edition was a $135 Purple version sold only at Funstock UK. Scalpers have a few on eBay. I purchased a VS Premium Pack from VideoGamesPlus in Canada because it offered free shipping. They had a Intellivision 1 cartridge and a Bitmap Brothers 1 cartridge bundle with free shipping that I also ordered. Ordered them last Sunday and had a shipping confirmation Monday. I did not see Songbird or Funstock offering free shipping, but Amazon is if you don't mind waiting until the end of month to get your order. VideoGamesPlus is out of the VS Starter Packs and Songbird and Funstock are out of the VS Premium Packs. The newer slate of Evercade cartrides are hit or miss no matter where you look.
    My younger brother and I had bad experiences with Amazon in terms of Evercade pre-orders in the past. Amazon for Evercade products is only fine if you are not pre-ordering from 2020 experience.

We used Amazon for Evercade pre-orders in 2020 multiple times and they canceled our pre-orders each time. Back in 2020, we used them for preordering Everade and all the launch Collections. We pre-order the Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood Collection and the Oliver Twins Collection from Amazon and we got those 2 collection canceled by Amazon themselves. After they canceled those 2 carts on us, we decided to stop pre-order Evercade products.

We pre-ordered multiple game collections there and Amazon Canceled them on us like they did for the Evercade itself. We gave Amazon 3 chances for Evercade. I ordered stuff from Amazon outside Evercade with no problem. The Evercade issues we had also happened to other Amazon customers.

Blaze had to straighten misses out in the past with Amazon for other people. It continued for other game pre-order f after we stopped pre-ordering Evercade games from Amazon.

Songbird was used for Evercade VS due to the size of the order in terms of shipping cost since I live Wisconsin instead using Funstock. The Evercade vs Premium was received on January 24th. We pre-ordered Evercade VS premium pack along with the 4 separate collections from Songbird. People already got their Songbird pre-orders received way before the February 25th date. Songbird is a smaller company and they don't the amount inventory as Amazon does as a result. The only advice I had is when pre-orders are first available for Songbird, jump on it.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 02-06-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I knew going in that I wouldn't be willing to use a controller D-pad for very long to play games. It was a pleasant surprise to find that PlayStation and Xbox controller analog sticks work just fine with the Evercade VS. The Evercade fansite https://evercade.info/ is documenting VS controller compatibility. With Arcade cartridges coming out on the VS, it might be nice to find an arcade stick that works with the VS. A USB trackball that works with the VS would make Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command and Crystal Castle games already on the system even more fun to play.

Evercade Info is also keeping track of the free games available when there is a game in both VS cartridge slots and other secrets and Easter eggs at https://evercade.info/vs-secrets-and-easter-eggs/

When I was looking at Evercade games at Amazon I saw that they were selling a paper Evercade Fanzine, but it's available free by signing up for a mailing list or you view them free at Evercade Info.

When I pre-ordered my first Evercade handheld from Funstock UK, it was delayed so long I thought it was vaporware and cancelled my pre-order. It's hard to believe how this thing has taken off and garnered so many followers so quickly. It's detractors seem to scoff at the idea of paying for cartridges instead of Evercade catering to those with full ROM sets, but lots of people seem to be trying for a complete set of games. Evercade discontinuing cartridges will only fuel collector FOMO, but at least they are cheap and seem readily available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I knew going in that I wouldn't be willing to use a controller D-pad for very long to play games. It was a pleasant surprise to find that PlayStation and Xbox controller analog sticks work just fine with the Evercade VS. The Evercade fansite https://evercade.info/ is documenting VS controller compatibility. With Arcade cartridges coming out on the VS, it might be nice to find an arcade stick that works with the VS. A USB trackball that works with the VS would make Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command and Crystal Castle games already on the system even more fun to play.

Evercade Info is also keeping track of the free games available when there is a game in both VS cartridge slots and other secrets and Easter eggs at https://evercade.info/vs-secrets-and-easter-eggs/

When I was looking at Evercade games at Amazon I saw that they were selling a paper Evercade Fanzine, but it's available free by signing up for a mailing list or you view them free at Evercade Info.

When I pre-ordered my first Evercade handheld from Funstock UK, it was delayed so long I thought it was vaporware and cancelled my pre-order. It's hard to believe how this thing has taken off and garnered so many followers so quickly. It's detractors seem to scoff at the idea of paying for cartridges instead of Evercade catering to those with full ROM sets, but lots of people seem to be trying for a complete set of games. Evercade discontinuing cartridges will only fuel collector FOMO, but at least they are cheap and seem readily available.
    Evercade discontinuing carts is only due to the contract Blaze has or had with the companies. I can't explain Technos Collection 1 being discontinued outside of amount of time.

Namco's contract with Blaze was weird to begin with because those two collections were exclusive to Europe and can't be played on the Evercade vs due to Contract.
    There a relationship issue it seems with Blaze Entertainment and the Japan branch of Namco.

Oliver Twins collection agreement with Blaze was reached under unique circumstances because the sales of the cart went to fundraising. Oliver Twins and Evercade teamed up to raise money for the National video game Museum in Sheffield, England. It has to be assumed the fundraising is only up to a certain amount of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The US stock of Evercade VS in now in the is now in Blaze's warehouse and ready for release on February 25th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Evercade and Evercade vs has firmware update 2.0.2. Information is found here for that: https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-firm...available-now/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze mentioned a hint for the next Evercade cart today on social media. What I know is the mystery cart appears to be Intellivision Collection 2.

The hint is the The “viral” clip Evercade posted has the skull dude from the box art from the cover of Tower of Doom Intellivision game. The creepy voice also quotes the manual for that game.

There is another thing concerning this. When Blaze announced Intellivision Collection 1 in 2021, they mentioned at the time that there will be an Intellivision Collection 2 in 2022.

It is unknown what the other Intellivision collection 2 games will be at this time.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 02-18-2022 at 10:44 PM.