Thread: Voice Actor for Star Fox 64's Peppy Hare, Team Fortress 2's Soldier, Rick May, Dies at Age 79

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Voice Actor for Star Fox 64's Peppy Hare, Team Fortress 2's Soldier, Rick May, Dies at Age 79

If you've ever heard official audio of "Do a barrel roll!," then you have heard the voice of Rick May. The iconic voice actor passed away at the age of 79 years old. In February, he suffered a brain stroke. As a result, he entered a nursing home in Sweden. Unfortunately the home had cases of COVID-19. Mr. May contracted the disease and died during April 2020 from the novel coronavirus.

Some of his roles included Soldier (TF2), Sly (Cooper) 3: Honor Among Thieves (Dr. M), SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs (various voices), Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove (Marty Sardini, Dadfish), Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings (Genghis Khan), Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't So Frightening (Wingnut, Langston), Claw (main character?), and Star Fox 64 (Peppy Hare, Andross).

As a tribute, Valve has added marble and bronze memorials into the levels as well as adding one to the main menu of Team Fortress 2 in Rick May's honor.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I heard about that. I'm gonna do a barrel roll in his honor. RIP

I didnt know he did Pajama Sam and Freddi Fish. I loved those games as a kid.