Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap! Digital Press is Poppin!

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    About half the time I type out a response to something here, I don't actually end up posting it, but I still pop in fairly often.

Had no idea Nintendo Age was gone.
    Yeah, just about every time I type out a reply, I just end up deleting it. Still lurking, I guess.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker View Post
    Yeah, just about every time I type out a reply, I just end up deleting it. Still lurking, I guess.
    Heh, I remember your avatar from one of the Christmas contests years ago. I can't remember what mine was though.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What was it called back then? DP 12 Days of X-mas or something? It was always fun seeing the forum full of Christmas-themed avatars. And of course it was awesome when we'd have like 40 people participating in Secret Santa. Granted, with that many people, there was usually one bad apple, though the rest of the forum would step up for anybody who got stiffed. As scummy as it was, my husband and I still joke about the broken Mortal Kombat for GBA, haha. It's like the quintessential crappy gift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yeah, 12 Days of DP Christmas sounds right to me. I couldn't remember if the avatar contest was part of the 12 day's contest, but it probably was. I actually won the grand prize when I was a new member and it's one of the reasons I stuck around. I sorta felt obligated, haha.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jb143 For This Useful Post:

ncman071 (05-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

yea this site is probably my favorite general site for retro games and systems. the community here is great...between this site and dreamcast-talk...i have been members of both since around 2005...i haven't posted as frequently as i used to but my collection was growing and now has kind of leveled off and i was getting most of my info from this site during those years. I will always be at minimum a lurker here and always appreciate the members on this site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    KingOfPain95

Been on here since i was 13! I got an email last night from the forum wishing me Happy Birthday and i decided to login for old times sake, i'm still alive don't worry!

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheGam3r View Post
    Been on here since i was 13! I got an email last night from the forum wishing me Happy Birthday and i decided to login for old times sake, i'm still alive don't worry!
    Same here only 14 years old, wow 2005 was 15 years ago, I was on Windows XP SP2 with a 17 inch CRT monitor, could get an NES for a very reasonable price on eBay and here usually via a money order, and newest console on the horizon was the Xbox 360, I swear I don't feel old
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was talking to a coworker the other day about the gaming sites that we used to take part in. Logged in today for the first time in a while and saw that I had a PM inviting me to participate in the Secret Santa last year. Whoops. A little late for that one. I do very little gaming anymore. I am actually working though the LRG physical release of Fernz Gate on the PS4. Definitely a twist on the "basic" RPG story line.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i miss the mesetta

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's nice seeing all the familiar faces in this topic.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was some really wacky drama around here a few years ago over moderation or something, and I stopped coming (and it seemed like a lot of other people did too). I landed here from a random link and wow, activity!

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    i miss the mesetta
    I'm still not sure what they were!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alec006 View Post
    Same here only 14 years old, wow 2005 was 15 years ago, I was on Windows XP SP2 with a 17 inch CRT monitor, could get an NES for a very reasonable price on eBay and here usually via a money order, and newest console on the horizon was the Xbox 360, I swear I don't feel old
    SP2 with 17 inch monitor was that life for me back then too lol

Overall this place has a great mix of gamers from all walks of life. I learned alot and had alot of great discussions over the years.

Digitpress was the spot to be even before collecting or retro gaming became a new norm.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

There's been so much drama on these boards over the years, that it's a wonder this place is still standing with posts. I don't buy or sell video games anymore though or collect, so I don't really come on here. I stay active on Sega-16 forums.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I come every now and then to click the "new post" thingy and it's so sad to see so few new messages...
    I remember that around 2006, whenever you would login here and click on the new post button, you would get 20 pages of stuff to read if you didn't come for two days, those were great times !
    Trully miss the golden age of Internet boards where debate could last for weeks/months sometimes years. Now it's all about those crappy social network, fast written stuff, fast read, fast forgotten.

GET READY Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd been aware of this site for a long, long time prior to 2011, but that just happened to be the year I finally stopped being a lurker and make an account. In that time frame, I made a grand total of maybe 20 posts at most? It's so surreal to me to think that even though I personally feel like I joined pretty late into the community's lifespan, the time I finally actually joined is pushing a decade now. Time sure flies, even for us quiet lurkers

I would try to promise being more active, but it's hard to guarantee anything these days. I suppose it doesn't matter much if I stick around or not, but it always feels nice to be a part of a community. Internet forums feel so archaic these days, but maybe that's a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimTendo View Post
    I'd been aware of this site for a long, long time prior to 2011, but that just happened to be the year I finally stopped being a lurker and make an account. In that time frame, I made a grand total of maybe 20 posts at most? It's so surreal to me to think that even though I personally feel like I joined pretty late into the community's lifespan, the time I finally actually joined is pushing a decade now. Time sure flies, even for us quiet lurkers

I would try to promise being more active, but it's hard to guarantee anything these days. I suppose it doesn't matter much if I stick around or not, but it always feels nice to be a part of a community. Internet forums feel so archaic these days, but maybe that's a good thing.
    :: waves hand" :: ack....who cares if a forum is archaic? I'd rather read a forum I can search back to its beginnings than lose stuff on Facebook. In fact, forums are the only bits of "social media"I interact with.

GET READY Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    :: waves hand" :: ack....who cares if a forum is archaic? I'd rather read a forum I can search back to its beginnings than lose stuff on Facebook. In fact, forums are the only bits of "social media"I interact with.
    Word, couldn't agree more really. The sense of community is so much stronger on forums than any other kind of social media, even if you're like me and barely say anything!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

then post more dudes

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Heh, I remember your avatar from one of the Christmas contests years ago. I can't remember what mine was though.
    Ha, somebody remembers. I've tried finding the old thread but I haven't had any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    As scummy as it was, my husband and I still joke about the broken Mortal Kombat for GBA, haha. It's like the quintessential crappy gift.
    I remember that incident. Good times.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut