Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eBay is being ruined! HELP!

If you go to the main videogame search page:
    http://pages.ebay.com/catindex/catvi...me=MOPS5:HMD05

now click on your system of choice, say NES, in the blue box in the upper right and you will be brought to this page:
    http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plisting...=MOPS1:PRC1343

and not the page with every item listed in the NES category. Now, you have to search for anything you want within only the accessories, games, and systems categories. If you feel the same paralyzing rage I do:

Please go to:http://pages.ebay.com/catannouncement/videogames.html

and email jennifer.janssen@ebay.com to let her know how you feel about not being able to search all the listings at once. The only thing Im not sure about is if this is a temporary mistake while they're updating everything, but I wrote her regardless. Thanks,
    Marcus

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

works for me, if ebay shoots itself in the foot then maybe all those sumguys will stop buying up and then overcharging for games. i'm so sick of those thrift store ebay ladies scooping up all the NES games.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That looks a lot more like a bug than a planned design. I'd bet it doesn't stay that way.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ummm.. I clicked on NES and it brought the entire category up, with no sub categories.....

EDIT: heres what I got, for some reason it is every foreign NES auction :/

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...ecordstoskip=0
    #vbender

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christianscott27
    works for me, if ebay shoots itself in the foot then maybe all those sumguys will stop buying up and then overcharging for games. i'm so sick of those thrift store ebay ladies scooping up all the NES games.
    Here here!!! EDIT: or is Hear hear!!! (oh well)
    EDIT again: to the ebay profiteers losing interest, not eBay's demise

@grandamchandler - yea the same thing happened to me for the N64 listings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Yeah, everything is divided into categories now, Systems, accessories, games, ect....it sucks

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got a reply, no need to write in:
    Yes, I agree! You will see the change you're looking for early September. This was a category restructure that had to be made in order to allow for attributes to roll out September 8th. Attributes will allow a better selling and buying experience so please stick with us!!

EDIT: I probably urge you to still email her to let her know because if this doesnt get implemented it will be painful to search for items

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Famous last words.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what I do for a living, and ya know what? it hasn't affected me at all, nor do I think it will.

99.9% of people fit into the 2 following categories:
    A. - People who search for a specific item, rendering categories useless
    B. - People who go to the specific categories (nintendo-games, or nintendo-systems) making subcategories useless

Either way, the only way it's going to make a difference, is to the very few people who actually like to look through all listings in nintendo (systems, games and accessories).

The one EXTREMELY amusing thing I've noticed through all of this, is that Sega Pico has it's own category, while neogeo, vectrex, neogeo pocket,and TG-16 are all still category-less. Now THAT is an injustice.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    This is what I do for a living, and ya know what? it hasn't affected me at all, nor do I think it will.

B. - People who go to the specific categories (nintendo-games, or nintendo-systems) making subcategories useless

Either way, the only way it's going to make a difference, is to the very few people who actually like to look through all listings in nintendo (systems, games and accessories).
    This isnt quite right. Let's say Im looking for Little Samson and the manual, with the way it's set up now I have to search the NES games, then the NES accessories (the manuals could show up here), and then the systems (say a system with 3 games). Right now, the option to search all of the NES listings at once has been eliminated so I couldnt just enter 'little samson' -search only in NES -search in title and description like before and the A. category you have above becomes tedious. But it will be back to usual soon and this will be a non-issue.

EDIT: Well, if it wasnt obvious, Im category A.

I like Fezzes. Fezzes are cool. ubikuberalles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    B. - People who go to the specific categories (nintendo-games, or nintendo-systems) making subcategories useless.
    I'm in category A. I never used the categories or sub-categories as I found the interface useless. Always the smart search for me because I am looking for something very specific. Last E-bay purchase was for Apple ][c utility disks and I found it quickly with the search. If I used categories I might never have found it (or found it after a lot more work).

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm in catagory A also. If there's something specific I'm looking for, I do that and sometimes extend my search for said system later to see if there's anything I might have missed beforehand.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigmig
    This isnt quite right. Let's say Im looking for Little Samson and the manual, with the way it's set up now I have to search the NES games, then the NES accessories (the manuals could show up here), and then the systems (say a system with 3 games). Right now, the option to search all of the NES listings at once has been eliminated so I couldnt just enter 'little samson' -search only in NES -search in title and description like before and the A. category you have above becomes tedious. But it will be back to usual soon and this will be a non-issue.

EDIT: Well, if it wasnt obvious, Im category A.
    Here's your search:
    (Nintendo,nes) little samson
    Search titles and descriptions - Check
    Search all categories - Check

Now, you will ALSO be searching through all the listings that were put in the wrong category by sellers who didn't know any better (vintage games for example)
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a good idea, I hadnt considered searching outside NES categories like that (although, inexplicably I use the ebay-wide search for 'sega master'). But if the name was commonly listed in other auctions (unrelated) you'd get a lot of extra listings. If that was the case, there should be an option to search only and all the NES listings at once.

EDIT: actually, I just did the search and 219 items showed up, but I forgot about the category listings to the left which would solve that problem. Thanks.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/ws/searc...2&BasicSearch=