So recently I've resumed my quest to play a lot of digital incarnations of Go.

If you've never heard of Go, here's a youtube video going over the basics. Suffice to say though, once you've played Go, any game you previously thought was deep or strategic is gonna look barren and shallow by contrast... except for possibly Chess and its variants, and Othello and its variants.

That said, this is a case where getting into one thing invariably makes me look at others in a similar ilk, mostly because in English-speaking lands digital versions of Go wind up packaged in board game collections with other public-domain games. Although usually, I find you instead get Gomoku, a tic-tac-toe style game that happens to be played with the same board and stones.

And then you start wondering about the not-so-public-domain stuff like Monopoly and Clue, and play those or else watch the way-more-fun-than-they-should-be sessions of them on Markiplier's channel and its like...

Okay, I dunno if this is just in my corner of the world or if this is universal, but it seems like video game versions of board games are treated as "lesser" somewhat. Like I know game collectors tend to pass over them when they see them, and you almost never see them being played instead of the actual game.

Which in some ways I can understand if the fun of the game is just in all the shenanigans you can pull.... but in other ways I can't if your idea of fun is in making sure the other players don't pull shenanigans. Also not having to put a board together.

So, to turn this into a question, you guys got any positive memories of video games based on real life board games? (emphasis on "real life," please no Mario Party type stuff)

Couldn't decide if this was classic or modern since I didn't really think this should be limited to just one era.