Thread: The current last Wii and Wii U game

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default The current last Wii and Wii U game

Shakedown Hawaii is releasing on Wii for $29.99 on July 9th from Vblank's website, August for the Wii U.

https://www.vblank.com/ShakedownHawaii/
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Huh... I wouldn't mind getting the Wii version, but I've been thinking about getting a Wii-U console even though there aren't a lot of games (at least physical copies, not just downloadable games that are unobtainable now) that I'd like to have. I just wish they'd state what the price for the Wii-U game would be rather than just the Wii version. I still don't have a Wii-U console to play anything on, since the moment I decided to buy one every game store around me that had units at a reasonable price suddenly sold out.

I really hope there's no horrible motion controls awkwardly grafted into the game.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My memory of their past releases is a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure Vblank prices games the same across multiple platforms. I'm pretty sure I paid $29.99 for the Vita version of Shakedown Hawaii, so I would expect the Wii U version to have the same price as that and the Wii verison. I doubt they'd add any motion controls or features unique to the Wii or Wii U versions. They're just an indie developer with a small team, so they're probably not going to do much for each platform variant besides remap the controls as necessary. I don't recall anything unusual about the Vita version's controls from what little I played, so I don't think it even has touch controls, or at least not any you're forced to use.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Huh... I wouldn't mind getting the Wii version, but I've been thinking about getting a Wii-U console even though there aren't a lot of games (at least physical copies, not just downloadable games that are unobtainable now) that I'd like to have. I just wish they'd state what the price for the Wii-U game would be rather than just the Wii version. I still don't have a Wii-U console to play anything on, since the moment I decided to buy one every game store around me that had units at a reasonable price suddenly sold out.

I really hope there's no horrible motion controls awkwardly grafted into the game.
    The Wii version will be a European region release that is region locked. The WiiU version will be a North American release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    The Wii version will be a European region release that is region locked. The WiiU version will be a North American release.
    Nice, that's just the info I need to know. Thanks! Now I just have to find a reasonably priced Wii U console...

Insert Coin (Level 0) ArcadePerfect's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks solid actually, the Wii U was one of my favorite consoles so I'd consider it. I haven't went back for Wii style motion control in games in ages though.