I've been watching High Score on Netflix and it's fairly good! This documentary film series about the history of video games reminds me a lot of the old Icons TV series from G4 back when it actually made good shows about video games. So far I've watched three episodes. I like that the series spends not merely just a part of a sentence mentioning Jerry Lawson and his accomplishments but a considerable amount of time talking about them when most books and documentaries totally skip the Fairchild Channel F and its creator. Hopefully we'll get more seasons soon!

From IMDB:

"A Japanese playing card company called Nintendo enters gaming and hits it big with Donkey Kong, then later takes over home gaming with the NES."

Debuted 19th of August, 2020

Epiosde 1
"Boom & Bust"
Space Invaders and Pac-Man lead an arcade craze, while Atari's cartridge system dominates home gaming until high-profile failure sparks a downfall.

Epiosde 2
"Comeback Kid"
A Japanese playing card company called Nintendo enters gaming and hits it big with Donkey Kong, then later takes over home gaming with the NES.

Epiosde 3
"Role Players"
Inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, adventure and role-playing computer games introduce unprecedented levels of choice and complexity to players.

Epiosde 4
"This is War"
Sega's Genesis console and its speedy character, Sonic, hit the market. Electronic Arts kicks off a partnership with football legend John Madden.

Epiosde 5
"Fight!"
Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat give rise to head-to-head fighting genre, but the increasing graphic violence in games brings controversy.

Epiosde 6
"Level Up"
Nintendo goes 3D with Star Fox. Wolfenstein 3D popularizes the first-person shooter format, while Doom ups the ante with networked gaming.

Source:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12759400/