Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S - Your Thoughts

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

On console names, I can't help but think of the thing parents use to beat their kids every time I hear "Switch." I cant be the only person who has that association

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    On console names, I can't help but think of the thing parents use to beat their kids every time I hear "Switch." I cant be the only person who has that association
    Lol. I've actually thought of the same thing.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On some Xbox boxes it says "Xbox One * Xbox Series X" and on others it says "Xbox Series X * Xbox One". Does the order they're listed mean anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

All I know is that it should've been called the Xbox 4 instead of this pretentious crap.
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RARusk For This Useful Post:

Ryudo (01-11-2021)

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I've been waiting for some of the hype to die down before jumping in. I tried to buy a PS5 once and failed. I've always bought all systems so I wouldn't miss anything good but I think I'm going to skip xbox this generation. Well I'm at least going to wait and see. I have had PS4, XBO, and Switch since they were released, and barely touched the xbox. When I go to the store, it honestly looks like the new xbox doesn't have any games. They look identical to the xbox one games with "series x" on it. I don't know, something about it is telling me that if I bought it, it would also collect dust like my xbox one.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I've been waiting for some of the hype to die down before jumping in. I tried to buy a PS5 once and failed. I've always bought all systems so I wouldn't miss anything good but I think I'm going to skip xbox this generation. Well I'm at least going to wait and see. I have had PS4, XBO, and Switch since they were released, and barely touched the xbox. When I go to the store, it honestly looks like the new xbox doesn't have any games. They look identical to the xbox one games with "series x" on it. I don't know, something about it is telling me that if I bought it, it would also collect dust like my xbox one.
    From what I've heard there's atleast one reason to buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kCt...annel=ETAPRIME

Probably not worth it until the emulation is better but one day it'll be worth picking up solely as an emulation machine.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-31-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

I have never been excited about a new generation since the Dreamcast. Every generation after I get less and less excited and the industry becomes more greed filled. Too digital-focused and streaming focused for my tastes. Too many games are GaaS. Visuals have diminishing returns so no longer impressed by them. PS5 is hideous and fart oo large. Xbox is hideous. I just have zero hype or excitement for either. More likely to end up with a PS5 just because of more Japanese games support.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Did anyone see this article?

https://dev.to/driscoll42/an-analysi...and-nvidia-f35

It breaks down MSRP costs versus scalper prices. It tells you what the actual value of these consoles and graphics cards are. essentially... IMHO, companies are charging a lot less than what they should be. I know that is an unpopular opinion but people are willing to pay big bucks for these consoles. if it means more people actually being able to buy the damn thing straight away instead of paying another middle man, then I am all for it.

I really think that the PS5 and Series X are $800-$1k consoles, as evidenced by what they are going for on the secondhand market. something is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay. and I wish that extra money was going into the hands of the console manufacturers instead of the scalpers
    Last edited by gbpxl; 01-02-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

They should start naming their systems like how the ESPN games are titled:

Xbox 2K20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a Series X, I do like it but there is not that much of a difference between the Xbox One.

Visit My Site. www.undead455.com

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by undead455 View Post
    I've got a Series X, I do like it but there is not that much of a difference between the Xbox One.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

PS3 is kind of in that weird transitional zone, PS1 and PS2 are definitely retro like the GameCube. The PS1, during its first year, actually competed with the SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    The excitement of a new generation definitely fades when most of the games are cross-generation releases.
    The excitement also fades when you realize you probably won't be able to buy the actual system until it's about 3 years into its lifespan and even then it will just be because you happened across one in a Target. And it will be sitting there because everyone else gave up looking for them too.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My gaming friends have all jumped onto the PS5 and are constantly asking when I intend on getting mine, and honestly, with the backlog of PS4 and Xbox One games I have (not to mention generations before those) and the fact that all of the games that I wanted for PS5 have now been announced for PS4 as well, I don't feel the need to go ASAP and get one, My Switch is really making me happy and scratches my "current gen games purchasing" itch just fine. I don't really feel as "out of the loop" as in past generations.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Honestly?

We've officially hit diminishing returns on graphical fidelity, to the point where a new console doesn't do anything visually substantial. We've also hit the point where a new console requires so much time/work to develop for that companies are quite possibly incapable of making any use of new features, at least without 8-10+ years of development. I'm highly skeptical these consoles will get any legitimate game support that will make them worth owning over the current generation ones, which is reinforced by the fact that we have yet to even see a major first party exclusive, let alone anything genuinely exciting, on either platform.

More personally, I consider the prices to be batshit insane, but I also waited until PS4 was around $200 used to get one, so I guess that doesn't matter too much. Worse, though, is that physical games seem to be more difficult to come by than ever and the prices for games have increased to an amount I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. It might just be psychological, but $70 just feels far too substantial to me for a single video game, especially of the quality we tend to see these days on Sony and Microsoft platforms. Beyond price, it's worth mentioning that I probably would have strongly considered buying a PS5 if it had a new compelling Final Fantasy coming out for it exclusively. I bought my PS4 strictly for FFXV and played nearly exclusively that for years. Unfortunately, while there is a new FF coming, it looks absolutely awful to me (feels like a Witcher 3 clone and I did not like that game at all). It also is coming to PC at some point, which just means it'd make more sense for me to upgrade that than buy a pointless console. So, not only do they not have anything that interests me now, but the dev team that could have convinced me will now be busy working on trash for years, pretty much cementing the console to forever be a failure in my eyes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Nintendo ends up doing next, though. I probably will buy whatever they do, assuming it's actually interesting and not crazy expensive. They have the games I actually care about anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I’d paid $600 for a 60GB PS3 and $400 for an Xbox 360 Elite, so paying $500 for either of these consoles isn’t all that crazy. I just bought an RTX 3060 Ti for $650, a couple of months ago and it’s only about 10% faster than the Series-X.

The 360 was the last Xbox console I’ve bought, because I’ve always had a more powerful PC since 2010 and everything on Xbox is also on PC. But…..MS mak oh no pretty much most of the Xbox and Xbox 360 library BC, with improved visuals has me interested in maybe buying one.

I’ll wait until PS5 prices settle down, because there’s only a few exclusive titles that I’m interested it right now.