Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Question Cooking Mama Cookstar region?

I have a question about Cooking Mama Cookstar for the Nintendo Switch. I have seen Ebay pictures showing a used copy of this game with a US cover, has a ESRB box and US barcode, but the game cartridge itself has a European cartridge ID code.

This game had a rather bumpy launch in the USA, with it being pulled from the eshop due to legal issues. However it seems to be sold for US market again, through the publisher's website.

So, my questions.... are they repacking European copies of this game for sale in US market? Was this ever sold in store shelves in the US during the initial release date? If so, what is the US cartridge ID code?

Update: I have found unboxing videos on Youtube for this game. It apparently was on store shelves for a short time before they too were pulled. Older unboxing videos show a US cartridge ID number label. But a more recent unboxing video from three months ago shows the game with a European cartridge ID number label. Both game cases are US region covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmA8AbmmKio&t=433s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_hg_vgZy6M&t=97s
    Last edited by E Nice; 12-27-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added video links for comparison
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS