Thread: why Puyo Puyo Tetris 1 and 2 are the best games ever

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default why Puyo Puyo Tetris 1 and 2 are the best games ever

5. Schezo. When that man scores a five-chain, women swoon, and his way with words inspires fun and laughter wherever he goes!

4. A great positive message for young girls: if you're good at puzzle games, there's a high chance godlike beings will fall in love with you. As will half the universe, but the godlike beings will be the most obvious about it.

3. The minority representation is on-point. Right out of the gate the entire game is staffed with noodle-people, magicians, people with horns, robots, and spaceship owners. I'm sure a few minorities are missing but, you can't include everyone.

2. The second game finally informed me that the name "Marle" is pronounced "Mar-ull," not "Mar-lee" like I... I mean, my silly ignorant friends.... have been saying since Chrono Trigger. I don't have to eat humble pie, no sirree...

1. It renders the entire field of falling-blocks puzzle games null and voice, since you've already got the two best ones in one package. I'm sure one day someone will try "Columns Meets Puzzle Fighter" but will that really be as good? (I mean, I guess if it includes a chibi Hsien-ko from Darkstalkers again...)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Ok but how is 1 different than 2? I'm down to buy 2 buy I've had 1 since launch and love it to this day.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I hate Puyo Puyo which makes half of this game unplayable imo. I've never played it, just the assumption that sometimes you play Puyo Puyo, sometimes you play Tetris.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek View Post
    Ok but how is 1 different than 2? I'm down to buy 2 buy I've had 1 since launch and love it to this day.
    From what I've seen so far, its mostly just the story mode. There's also at least one new game mode in which you have a "party" and each member has "powers," which in story is only used for either "training" rounds or else for "boss fights."

I myself have not gotten far into the game and haven't explored everything so there may be more stuff. For me it was just nice to spend more time with Ringo and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I hate Puyo Puyo which makes half of this game unplayable imo. I've never played it, just the assumption that sometimes you play Puyo Puyo, sometimes you play Tetris.
    And sometimes you play modes that combine the two.

Yeah, seriously, there's two different modes that have you playing both at once: one is called Swap (you play one for about thirty seconds then swap to the other for thirty seconds, and they keep rotating until someone wins), the other is called Fusion.... that one takes some getting used to.

It's also possible to do mixed matches where one player is playing Tetris and the other is playing Puyo. I've heard this is unbalanced but, well, I wouldn't know.