Thread: Goat?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Goat?

I know it's been asked a million times before but it's fun to re-visit the topic once in a while, especially because people's minds change and we get introduced to different games from time to time.

For me, it's still Super Metroid. I was first introduced to this game probably around 1995 or 1996. I was only about six years old so I didn't really understand it or appreciate it because I was more interested in the less-intimidating games like Donkey Kong Country, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc. However, the fact that it was one of the only games I was familiar with that had voice dialogue in it, told me this game was special.

Many years later, I bought a CIB copy of it and finally finished it. By the time the game was done, I was convinced it was the best game I ever played. The boss fights in this game really just took things to a whole new level. Massive, hideous, powerful aliens that each had their own unique behaviors. Watching them turn more and more red as you filled them up with missiles. Then finally they go down in a blaze of glory.

And you can't talk about the game without its haunting background score. The background music of lower Norfair got stuck in my head for a while after playing this. It sounds like what Hell would sound like if there were music playing there. The feeling of dread as you go deeper into Ridley's lair.

This is also a game that rewards the efficient and fast player. Multiple endings depending on how quickly you breeze through the game. The sense of speed in the game is incredible. The super missiles that obliterate everything in its path, the speed boots, and generally speaking, Samus moves at a very brisk pace.

From the opening cutscene to the final screen displaying your percentage complete, the time it took you to finish, this game is no-frills action, fast-paced, and legendary.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Brigandine The Legend of Forsena still. However, I'll add a few that I'd consider incuding Brigandine Grand Edition.

Nintendo NES/Game Boy Tetris
    EA Tetris
    Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
    Super Castlevania 4
    Ninja Gaiden 2 The Dark Sword of Chaos
    Super Mario Bros 3
    God Hand
    Bloodborne
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Super Mario 3D World
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts