Shoot the bubbles... pop the bubbles... bounce the bubbles....

So, this went on sale on the Nintendo eShop (this being the Arcade Archives version of the original Neo-Geo game). Admittedly, Puzzle Bobble is something I never played much before, and I think I knew more about clones like Snood and that one facebook game than I did about the real game.

.... And I see why its cloned so much. Even having played all thirty or so levels, I still keep firing it up and taking shots.

But having now played it, there's two things I dislike and hope were improved later:

One, I wish there was an option to keep the aiming laser. You have one in the first level, and for one level each time you game over and use a continue, but it goes away next level. While I did adjust to not having it, I don't like a large part of the game being guesswork and hoping the physics work the way you think they do.

Two, I swear the game often gives me bubble colors I don't need, where the only possible match is buried layers deep in a place I can't shoot to yet. Worse, you have to shoot the bubble--there's no way to discard useless bubbles--and these wasted shots can end up blocking other shots or having a knock-on effect where you get so many useless shots you end up game overing.

Basically, if there's a Puzzle Bobble game (whether home port or even some fanmade clone) that fixes either or both of these problems, it would probably be right up there with Puyo Puyo in the Puzzle Game Pantheon.