With limitless options for official licensed emulators, mini-consoles and handhelds as well as digital stores and 1up arcade machines, what are some of your favorite games that you can only play by going back to the original hardware they were created for?

Personally, I always go back to Legend of Legaia for PS1. To this day, I have not seen this game re-released for anything newer than the console it was made for. Which is amazing for such a stellar JRPG that has a huge cult following.

Another one that I think about is Little Samson. I am not familiar with any official and legal avenue of playing this game. You can either pay $1k+ to play it legally or just pirate it like 99.99999% of human beings.

The Simpsons: Bart VS The World? Not sure if that ever got a re-release. Same for McKids. Licensed IPs I am sure are gonna be stuck in the time they were created lest the license holder decide to resurrect these classics.

What are some of your favorite games that are stuck on legacy platforms, waiting to be enjoyed by younger audiences who might not have the opportunity to play them?