Thread: Anyone else seen (or even pre-ordered) a "Funkey" (tiny handheld multi-emulator)? Also, help required with adding Tetris

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Late_2_The_Party's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Anyone else seen (or even pre-ordered) a "Funkey" (tiny handheld multi-emulator)? Also, help required with adding Tetris

Hi.

So, earlier today I stumbled across a YT video showing something that made me want to own it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXmCcR2arY).

For those who can't be bothered to watch the video, it's basically a tiny (1.5 inch screen!) multi-platform console/emulator.

I placed a pre-order, and then a bit later wrote to the customer support to make sure that the thing would come with NES Tetris, as that's a game I dearly love.

Even though the YT video showed it as coming with loads of commercial games pre-installed, the customer support person who replied to my email told me that for legal reasons it only comes with homebrew stuff. My heart sank a bit, since the video gave the strong impression that it came with arse-loads of classic games. Still, apparently you can drag and drop games onto it, so I will do my best to somehow get NES Tetris on it when it arrives. I actually own two original NES consoles, PAL and NTSC, and I have Tetris for each of them (with an old CRT TV). So, legally, I guess I am OK about having a "backup" of my game on an emulator. I have no idea how to actually go about putting Tetris on this tiny thing though.

If someone would be kind enough to give me a hint, that would be awesome. I am happy to have a voice chat with anyone to satisfy them that I'm not some arsehat from Nintendo trying to trip people up or something crap like that. In any case, I hope that nobody is actually all that bothered about ancient NES roms finding their way onto keyring-sized gaming devices in 2021 when people are being mugged and murdered left right and centre. :P

So, on that happy note, I will end my 2nd post in this awesome forum.

EDIT: OK, I've managed to get my hands on a NES Tetris rom file. Let's hope this thing accepts it OK when it arrives...
    Last edited by Late_2_The_Party; 03-22-2021 at 06:07 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Late_2_The_Party For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (03-23-2021)