Thread: Hardest game you'e beaten?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Hardest game you'e beaten?

GameFAQs users have Castlevania rated as a 4.09/5 on the difficulty scale, so this would likely be the hardest game I have beaten (in their eyes at least.) However, a game with unlimited continues should not be considered one of the harder games ever made.

For me, beating Pitfall on the Genesis was an accomplishment. I dunno how the f I was able to beat that game. no strategy guide or walkthroughs, Youtube was barely a thing at the time. I feel lucky to have beaten it. I dont remember what difficulty I had it set to but typically I just go with Normal.

Gargoyle's Quest II is another one that again I have no clue how I was able to finish. Some of the boss fights were really tough. I guess the game was fun enough and I liked the setting and the characters enough to persevere.

I would love to hear about your gaming feats. This is youtter moment to brag to the world about your awesomeness

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pr3tty F1y's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Super Mario 3D World - All levels, including Champion's Road, with all stars. I only completed it with Mario - so I didn't re-do every level with each character, but I did that on real Wii U hardware (after a lot of cussing ).

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. It was the PS2 version (on the Capcom Classics Collection) but I didn't use save states or anything, so I probably could've done it on the actual SNES.

Beyond that its hard to gauge "hardest games I've beaten." I'm not sure what all counts as "hard" except in fields like platformers where its easy to define. Like I keep hearing people say the Mega Man games are difficult but I find most of them easier than eating chocolate cake.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. It was the PS2 version (on the Capcom Classics Collection) but I didn't use save states or anything, so I probably could've done it on the actual SNES.

Beyond that its hard to gauge "hardest games I've beaten." I'm not sure what all counts as "hard" except in fields like platformers where its easy to define. Like I keep hearing people say the Mega Man games are difficult but I find most of them easier than eating chocolate cake.
    I go by the game that kicked my ass the most times but somehow still managed to see the credits. I actually would put Mega Man 2 on that list as well. basically every damn NES game ive played was harder than Hell save for a handful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I remember renting Karnov twice for the NES back in the '80s, and just going at it for hours to get through that damn game. And when I finally defeated the final boss it said something like "congratulations" and that was it. I stopped trying so hard after that.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I go by the game that kicked my ass the most times but somehow still managed to see the credits. I actually would put Mega Man 2 on that list as well. basically every damn NES game ive played was harder than Hell save for a handful
    I remember during the NES era I was actually afraid to play games without a game genie, but then routinely beat games on the SNES and Genesis. At the time I thought it was because the games were getting easier, but in retrospect I think I was just getting better at video games.

Nowadays when I play NES games I tend to wonder where the spectre of NES games being super hard came from, because a lot of them really weren't.

But then, it is different when one is a kid. I watched my nephew try to play Super Mario 3 and he had trouble falling down easily-avoided pits, then was shocked when I was able to clear the game in thirty minutes.