Just something I noticed recently.... Gameboy games seem to not have aftermarket availability (there's no Switch online library of them, for example), and whenever I see reviewers cover retro consoles I barely ever hear about the GB.

What got me really thinking was, recently I heard music in a review that sounded really familiar and asked people on a gaming group if they knew it, and nobody recognized it, but then later I found it... and it was from freaking Donkey Kong. And it's like.... wasn't that game a huge freaking deal? (These were all people my own age and they later specifically mentioned having played the Gameboy DK, BTW). Like, if a game like the famous GB remake of Donkey Kong is being forgotten, what hope does the rest of the library have?

(Link's Awakening is kind of the only one that still gets any love, it seems... which, of course, it would have to be a game I personally don't care much about...)

But yeah, am I just hanging in the wrong circles or does it seem like people are slowly forgetting the Gameboy (including the Gameboy Advance)?