So a few weeks back, I mentioned my CRT television dying.

Recently, I notice that when I play video games... something tends to look weird to me. I'm not sure what it is. To be fair this isn't even just old games either... I may just be having adaptation issues.

Still, part of me has been curious about upscalers, and I've watched a few videos, such as Avalanche Reviews' great overview of all the upscalers that were on the market at the time of his video... link to video BTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGuq4mJhyYY

Game Sack also did a decent video about upscalers.

Here's the thing though.

So what I did for myself was, I compared some NES and SNES games I owned, running through composite, to how they look when played on the Nintendo Switch. I don't know how good this comparison is since the Switch is using an emulator, but I assume this is what an upscaled image would look like.

And it's like.. I DO see the difference, but its way more obvious in SNES games... and even then, only if I was just looking at one version before switching to the other one.

And on top of that, I wonder if upscaling will even fix the weird personal cognitive issues I've been having which are hard to describe.

I do know though that right now it seems like prices of $200 are a bit too much for what will be minimal improvements at best.

What do you think?