Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Shadow Gangs (Dreamcast version) Kickstarter now live

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

it says "Reward No Longer Available" for the 45 EU option of you just want the game CIB, but you can still click through on that option. Does that mean if I fully click through and send the money, I will just send the money but I wont receive the game? Or I would just receive the next cheapest reward down on the list?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Why are those tiers for physical copies sold out already? There were just 14 available physical copies for just the Dreamcast game? And just 2 available for the physical game with the soundtrack? The only physical copies still available are £150 and up? This just seems so greedy. The game, specifically just a port of a finished game, is apparently almost finished anyway and just needs polishing and a physical pressing. I don't understand why the game needs such a high goal at this point when it's just a port of a game that's already finished and available for sale on other platforms, and this new version is apparently already almost done anyway.

Just counting, there's 9 separate tiers that include physical copies of the Dreamcast game. Are you sure that's enough? What about offering the various editions with different box art versions too? And then offer different disc art versions as well, with each one of those available for each box art variant. The real completionists will need to buy at least one of every different version, most likely two sets to keep a set sealed. That's easily dozens or hundreds of different versions for each collector. Maybe it's just me but I'm really getting tired of endless collector's editions for games, just stuff to waste shelf space.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    it says "Reward No Longer Available" for the 45 EU option of you just want the game CIB, but you can still click through on that option. Does that mean if I fully click through and send the money, I will just send the money but I wont receive the game? Or I would just receive the next cheapest reward down on the list?
    Thank you very much for your support!
    The "all gone" rewards, I wish I could delete them.
    The same reward you look for is "Dreamcast Physical Edition (NEW)"

What happened I cut by half the shipping costs, and I had to duplicate the award as there were already backers for it.
    The "Dreamcast Physical Edition (NEW)" is the same as the all gone one, but with 50% reduced shipping costs.

Please share the news about it, word to mouth works.
    I have seen that many people are interested by the game, but they don't know it exists.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Why are those tiers for physical copies sold out already? There were just 14 available physical copies for just the Dreamcast game? And just 2 available for the physical game with the soundtrack? The only physical copies still available are £150 and up? This just seems so greedy. The game, specifically just a port of a finished game, is apparently almost finished anyway and just needs polishing and a physical pressing. I don't understand why the game needs such a high goal at this point when it's just a port of a game that's already finished and available for sale on other platforms, and this new version is apparently already almost done anyway.

Just counting, there's 9 separate tiers that include physical copies of the Dreamcast game. Are you sure that's enough? What about offering the various editions with different box art versions too? And then offer different disc art versions as well, with each one of those available for each box art variant. The real completionists will need to buy at least one of every different version, most likely two sets to keep a set sealed. That's easily dozens or hundreds of different versions for each collector. Maybe it's just me but I'm really getting tired of endless collector's editions for games, just stuff to waste shelf space.
    There will be only one collector edition box, but the posters and tshirt are customizable. (communication post kick)
    The all gone are all duplicated and available. I removed them because I halved the shipping costs on all rewards.

For the goal amount, I would like money to keep me motivated working on the physical stuff, and also to break even.
    The game didn't break even, far from it although released on Steam, XB1 and Switch already.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts