Thread: Ever been so dissappointed in a game you turned it in for credit at GS?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Ever been so dissappointed in a game you turned it in for credit at GS?

so yea ever been that disappointed you turned a new game into Game Stop for credit?

I've only ever done it about 3 times in my life
    First was for Spyhunter on PS2, it was one of the games i bought when i got my PS2 network "edition"
    Second i cant remember so it must have been really bad
    Third, earlier this week i turned in GT7, a $60 new game, for $30 in credit. I figured might as well get as much as i could for it with as little effort needed.
    Sure i could have probably gotten more for it on OfferUp or something but i just didnt want to deal with the BS any more, between the grind, the inability to sell cars and the rigged roulette payouts. the update that killed the ability to play the game at all in standard mode and the patch that effed it all up. Sure i'll probably come back to it but by then the game will cost $20 new i am sure.

such a waste of time on the dev's part i think

this isnt my first disappointment in the GT series, remember that network version PS2 i mentioned earlier. i had been following the GT series for a while, loved GT3 at friends houses and got it along side spyhunter when i got mine but i was also following GT4's development and the promise of online play (hence network PS2). The instant i could i put down for for a pre order on GT4 i did and the saved up the rest which was pretty hard just out of high school working your butt off and trying to move out of the house on my own. they hyped online multiplayer for that game for so long until right before it came out they pretty much went; heres a game, no online, bye!

i never went in for my preorder, i got the reminder call the day before. yea ok we'll see, didnt go.

OVER A YEAR LATER i get a call from the Software Etc (you know in the day) that they had this copy laying around asking if i forgot about it. I told them no. Asked if i wanted to come pick it up, no. Asked if i wanted my deposit back, no. they asked what they were supposed to do with it.

i told them to burn it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I haven't traded anything in to GS since the early 2000's.These days i'll just go to my local brick&motor to trade in games that i don't play anymore.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I bought Baseball Stars 2 on NES, probably from Toys R Us, and was HORRIFIED that Rom Star removed the ability to create your own players. Went to Funcoland a couple days later and traded it in for about 1/3 credit of what I had paid.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Not really. At some point it pretty much became law in my area that stores required government ID for trade-ins so that kept me from bothering while I was a child/teenager, there were some other stores that didn't bother with this though and didn't keep proper records. I did trade a DVD in for $3, back when they sold them for $10. This was back when they were called EB Games but they're the same thing as Game Stop. Maybe a few PC games for around $0.25 when I got them in a bundle of games and they were worthless otherwise. Usually EB Games offered nothing for the games I had so I avoided trading stuff to them, and I rarely traded games into stores at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yea i dont have the luxury of any other game stores near by, i also didnt feel like driving an hour to the nearest one that bought anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Spider-Man 3 (PS3) - I just hated the fucking controls for it and it felt sluggish. I loved Spider-Man 2 on the original Xbox but just hated this one. Traded it in to a local Game Crazy store for a new copy of Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings for PS2. Still have that but haven't opened it.
    NHL 2007 (PS3) - The first year using the Skill Stick and not a button press for shots on goal. I don't think they had shot aim assist either so it was a LOT of missing the goal all together and not just getting stopped by the goalie. The opposing team scoring ONE goal was a loss quite often. Even on the easiest difficulty setting.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I finished FF15 within a week and traded it into Gamestop when they were offering $30 for it. Worth it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Never. If I'm disappointed, it stays on the shelf.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
    Never. If I'm disappointed, it stays on the shelf.
    Same here, for the collectible value. Sonic '06 will be collectible, it's not often that a game is so bad that playing with a rat turd would be more fun.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I hated the touch screen control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeToTheNextLevel View Post
    Same here, for the collectible value. Sonic '06 will be collectible, it's not often that a game is so bad that playing with a rat turd would be more fun.
    i mean that might make sense for some games but a game like GT isnt going to be very collectible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Water World (Virtual Boy): I had a boxed copy that I’d bought from Blockbuster, along with a cased VB and almost all of the North American games. The games were only around $5 each and the VB was $30. I hated Water World so bad, that I traded in to Game Stop for about $2 credit. That was totally stupid, because the price of that game is pretty hefty, nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

by cased VB do you mean the big plastic rental case?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've never traded a game to Gamestop or any game store before.

I've sold plenty of games on eBay and a few at garage sales (a couple that I REALLY regret now), but never any brick and morter places.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1. In the beginning, yes I was. In fact Gamestop would even take dead consoles ( of course I did not mention it ). Like when I lent my N64 to my school chum and he most likely swapped it for another one, and it smell and would not function. I was so upset and my associate just played it off. I would trade in tons of stuff I do not regret at this point. I was young at that time.

2. I not going to tell anybody the entire truth about the next one. But I know GStop are lazy in specific areas. I had return the Chibi "Puzzler fighter GBA" and they gave me such a hard time to return it. The game was new and not open at all, and they opt to ring it up for return. Same with EBgames it was like returning a game ( used or new ) was tabboo especially for the cashier who did the return.
    Their more to this story which I am not going to tell...but you could guess.

3. I knew the guy for awhile who worked in GS so I had brought "Killer7" and we all know how that was for a $50 dollar title with the word "killer" on it in flashy red. You run around exploiting weaknesses in a 2.5d like setting but the controls are terrible. Point being, is that I asked him "could your shrink-wrap the game" and he did, So I went back to the other store ( the location where I purchased the game ), and got my money back... I already knew that many later DVD sized games was not sealed at the manufacture but by the store itself.

$#$@$k gamestop and $#@$$$ funcoland... it was okay at first but the transition to gamestop is what killed the entire experience. The longest manager/employee in my local gamestop running is a racist barack fat lesbian. When you got to gamestop and your entire staff looks like the cast from "GoodBurger" high on cocaine, meth, and angeldust. All of them in my area looks like that now. It just feels inhuman nowadays.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Most of the games I've been disappointed in have been ones I got relatively recently, which would have been well after I stopped going to Gamestop. I don't remember specifically, but I at least think I sold them all on ebay instead. That would've been games like Majora's Mask 3D, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and Killzone Shadowfall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

oh god killzone, i forgot about that game. i got one of them as a bundle when i got my PS3. i would have returned it if i didnt have to return the whole system at the same time