Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default A new grading service in town, CGC

I know how some of you feel about grading and this is not a discussion about if things should or shouldnt be its a discussion about how this works out in the end compared to other companies.

Ok so i am back from Portland Retro Gaming Expo and i just happened across this booth, I had no idea that CGC was getting into grading games. I know of their comic service of which i've never used but i head good things so i chatted them up a bit and then continued on looking for deals.
    well when i couldnt find any takers for my trade bait i went back and thought why the heck not.

I talked a bit more and learned that their process was a lot easier than VGAs strange form and after some of the threads i made here i didnt want to deal with WATA/Heritage Auctions so i took a gamble.

I submitted a game, Project X Zone 2 for 3DS new and sealed. Its a game that doesn't mean much to me but could be beneficial to slab and if it all goes tits up i didnt lose much.
    At the time of writing a new sealed ungraded Project X Zone 2 average price is $90. I think i got it for $15 on clearance at a big box store and never got around to playing it.
    The process to sign up was easy, they work on a subscription service like some of the others, starting off at $25 if you are looking to submit.

Submission price was about $70 and that includes shipping back to me, since i submitted at the show i was able to save a few bucks by not paying to ship it out.
    It is currently mostly only sealed north american released games. I talked to a few people and they were planning on doing other regions soon but the day i submitted the game i had was the first day they were taking submissions.

as i was leaving i saw the guy packing it up, did a good job of it too, not like how some ebay sellers do.

i will keep you posted, it was hard for them to estimate lead time, again first day ever they were doing submissions but the approx was ~30 days

for a short time i'll have the only and highest graded CGC Project X Zone 2 game...

maybe i should brought something a little more interesting, like Odama for gamecube or something

edit:
    oh yea, website is here:
    https://www.cgcvideogames.com/
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 10-17-2022 at 11:29 PM.