Thread: Hit Marmot (Famicom)

Insert Coin (Level 0) LaughingElfMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hit Marmot (Famicom)

Hi! Sorry in advance if this has already been covered, or if it should have been posted under "buying and selling."
    I'm currently working on valuing my retro collection for insurance purposes, and I can't find anything on the current value of Hit Marmot (loose).
    I know it's fairly rare, so I don't want to skip it or make up a number. Does anyone know if this cart is worth anything at all, let alone the embarrassing amount of time I've spent combing the internet in vain?
    Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!
    -Laughingelfman Dotjpeg
    What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
    -Dracula

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yes, this thread should be at Buying & Selling.

As far as value goes, that's difficult. What did you pay for the game and when? Have you tried searching completed auctions at the Japanese Yahoo! Auctions Web site?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really couldn't say how much I paid for it, or even when I got it. It was probably an impulse purchase at a flea market back in the early 2000s.
    Couldn't find anything on Yahoo auctions, but thanks for the suggestion. It hadn't even crossed my mind.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I tried looking for a sold copy, or even a copy still listed for sale, but couldn't find anything. It's definitely a rare game. Normally I wouldn't post in a thread like this if I didn't have something substantial to contribute but I didn't want you to feel like people were just ignoring it from lack of interest. I'm pretty sure nobody else here knows either, that's why so few replies.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

problem is, rarity does no always equal valuable.

i think my rarest NES game (a 7 on the old DP scale) is a soccer game in a black wisdom tree style cartridge, i dont remember the name but i remember there was a seal on it about it being some part of "kick ass" series thing.
    it not worth any more than mario or tetris

so it must really suck i guess...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I appreciate the effort, anyway. It's weird to be able to find so little info on a game in the age of Google, but the old DP guide lists it at 8 in rarity so maybe there just aren't any other copies around.
    I know it's probably not worth a fortune. I just want to get the numbers right on the insurance thing, and I suspect it's worth more than a couple bucks.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, it is an unlicensed Taiwanese Famicom game, by a publisher whose I think most notability is Caltron 6-in-1 (basically famous for getting the crap sued out of them by Nintendo once they opened a US subsidiary).

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

This thread has been moved to the Buying and Selling sub-forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This game doesn't really travel much outside Taiwan or maybe China, so it's really unusual to see in English speaking circles. If you look in the wrong places, you would maybe think it's some kind of holy grail, but in market places like Ruten and maybe Taobao, it's uncommon but not all that unusual to see the NTDEC unlicensed releases.

It's probably more uncommon or a little rare over there rather than common, so it's still going to be worth a little bit even if collectors won't be excited unless it's a CIB copy. Like most of NTDEC's output, it's a pretty simple game and can also be found on their Asder 20 in 1 cartridge.

Low supply, low demand items are always a little arbitrary to price with the lack of a market, but I'd probably place fair market value for this at about the $50 mark. (Personally, I'd think anything over $100 would be REALLY pushing it, but I also can't say I've personally dealt with this one.) There's a game on Ebay from the same manufacturer and time period that's been sitting on Ebay for a few months for that amount. https://www.ebay.com/itm/17546061009...MAAOSwCEdjVNH0

Still an awesome find for a cute game that's pretty tough to track down in most places in the world. I hope you've enjoyed having it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SRC For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (02-26-2023)