Thread: Beyond Shadowgate

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Beyond Shadowgate

How'd you like this game? What would you have changed? What would you have left as it was implemented? Should this game have been for another platform/s or just the TG-16? Would you have preferred Beyond Shadowgate to be like the computer or NES variants of the original Shadowgate instead, or was the gameplay genre change a good direction for the series?

I've never played Beyond Shadowgate, however, I am intrigued by it as I am a fan of the original NES Shadowgate and the Shadowgate 2014/2015 remake.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Funny you mention that, a new Beyond Shadowgate has been funded on Kickstarter. This appears to be an entirely new game with the same title, rather than a remake.

https://adventuregamers.com/news/vie...y-fully-funded
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nd-shadowgate/

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I created a new thread for this modern Shadowgate game over at the Modern Gaming sub-forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Funny you mention that, a new Beyond Shadowgate has been funded on Kickstarter. This appears to be an entirely new game with the same title, rather than a remake.

https://adventuregamers.com/news/vie...y-fully-funded
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nd-shadowgate/
    Neat that this is coming but the reaction from fans of the tg16 version of beyond shadowgate are angry.That this 8bit sequel is using the same name leading to brand confusion.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Cool! Thanks for letting me know. I created a new thread for this modern Shadowgate game over at the Modern Gaming sub-forum.
    You're welcome, I only just came across that information before posting it here so it was good timing. I used to keep up with websites mentioning upcoming adventure games but now only very occasionally do I visit them.

I really should play the Shadowgate games, I just never got around to it yet. I actually have a copy of Beyond Shadowgate too but it's in storage together with the console along with most of my collection, it's been years since I've had the opportunity to play my console games properly for various reasons. I don't believe I have the sequel/spinoff games yet like Uninvited or Deja Vu for the NES, but I'm pretty sure I have the original Shadowgate. I may pickup the Gameboy Color versions of Shadowgate and Deja Vu I & II at some point for easier accessibility to these MacVenture games. There's apparently PC versions too but I've never come across any of them in person before. It seems the various Nintendo versions are slightly censored in several ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Neat that this is coming but the reaction from fans of the tg16 version of beyond shadowgate are angry.That this 8bit sequel is using the same name leading to brand confusion.
    Yeah, I was confused about the title too. I only realized it was a different game after reading their FAQ where it was specifically mentioned. I suppose it's still better than just using the title "Shadowgate" for the sequel the way modern reboots do.