I just completed the main campaign of this Nintendo Game Boy / Color game. It's quite the good game! OK, so I found a typo ("us" instead of "use") and only sometimes can you use the down and up buttons to cycle the cards when reading the details, other times not. However, these quibbles aside, this card video game was quite fun and helped to teach me how to play the printed Pokemon Trading Card Game alongside the Windows / Mac / Android / iOS Pokemon Trading Card Game Online computer game. The game also includes extra post-campaign content should you wish to keep playing. Unfortunately, the Game Boy Printer and MP Card Pop modes were disabled for the 3DS Virtual Console deployment of the game. While I can understand the Printer option being disabled, the CP mode was the only way to get two CP-exclusive cards, so you can't 100% the game like originally. If they were going to disable that mode, then they should have at least changed the game's code so that a New Game would include the two cards to start.

That being said, the Japanese-only sequel, Pokemon Card GB2, was unofficially fan translated 100% to English, so if you like the first GB Pokemon card game, that option exists too. :-)

Have any of you played either the Game Boy game or the actual printed card game of PTCG?