Thread: King James Bible (Gameboy)

Insert Coin (Level 0) LaughingElfMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default King James Bible (Gameboy)

I'm trying to determine whether my copy of King James Bible for Gameboy is complete. I figured someone in this community would likely have firsthand experience.
    In the beginning (ha!) of Amazon's eventual rise to prominence, a handful of warehouses seem to have used it to sell off old stock. I was lucky enough to come across an unopened copy of this game for $40. I obviously jumped at the opportunity to own such a curiosity. When it arrived, though, I found that USPS (combined with careless packaging) had trashed the box. Crushed it nearly flat. So I opened it. I now wonder if that was the best call, but it was like 20 years ago and I was an impulsive youth. Anyway, the box contained game and booklet. No ads, no cardboard insert to keep the game from sliding around. Nothing else.
    I caught a good deal on a box last year, which also only came with a booklet. So, is that it? Have I completed the set? Thanks for any information!
    What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
    -Dracula

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I never knew this existed. I did some checking in the Digital Press Advanced Guide but there wasn't any listing of what came in the box (it's been a while since I looked at it and at the time of its writing, this cartridge was listed as being worth $8!). Online research so far just shows the box, manual and cartridge. However one Google image shows there might be more than just the "holy trinity" (sorry, I couldn't help it). Check out this link from Google Images.

Wish I could have been more help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since the "game" was a Wisdom Tree (unlicensed) title, I'd be surprised if they were allowed to include those Nintendo inserts. I think Nintendo has always loved to litigate, haha! Thanks for the response!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i had no idea wisdom tree made GB games, anyway i did some sluething too and i came across this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/com..._bible_sealed/

you might be able to reach out and ask the user there, its a long shot.
    as far as the topic he posted about, they seem legit new to me, wisdom tree NES games had some crap wrap from new that looks like those boxes so i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a black and white manual like in the almost last pic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, that's exactly what mine looked like. Brittle, crinkled wrap and just the two things in the box. I'll take that as confirmation, especially since Wisdom Tree's track record makes it seem so plausible. Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's zero chance it originally included any Nintendo inserts. Someone mistakenly included those in that photo. Like when people include Nintendo sleeve with unlicensed NES games.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No possible way they'd include Nintendo inserts. Unlicensed publishers even had to change the cartridge design from the official model just to avoid being sued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

True but what about those two green colored inserts? I couldn’t tell what they were in that crap pic. The Nintendo inserts are a given. As I couldn’t tell what those two green inserts were, I used the pic in case Wisdom Tree did insert stuff.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The two green things are both Nintendo inserts (the bug one is a Nintendo Power ad, the other one I know is some kind of Nintendo poster).
    I want to say the Nintendo Power ad is a later-era one as well (like very late SNES/early N64 era).
    So while of course it wouldn't be in there anyways but I'm saying it possibly wouldn't have been period correct even if it was.
    Last edited by SparTonberry; 03-12-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    The two green things are both Nintendo inserts (the bug one is a Nintendo Power ad, the other one I know is some kind of Nintendo poster).
    I want to say the Nintendo Power ad is a later-era one as well (like very late SNES/early N64 era).
    So while of course it wouldn't be in there anyways but I'm saying it possibly wouldn't have been period correct even if it was.
    Ah, ok. I really didn't buy into GB games back in the day so those two inserts didn't look familiar to me, so I thought "maybe they had other stuff in the box....?" I stand corrected and informed.