Thread: Care to chance a game called PAPETURA?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Care to chance a game called PAPETURA?

Some folks in Poland at FEARDEMIC are having a pre-sale for the puzzle adventure game made of paper called PAPETURA.
    The PS4, PS5 and Switch physical version is $16.99 with free shipping and no sales tax. But wait, there's more! Use the code PAPPRESELL to get a 10% discount. You can get it here.... https://www.feardemic-store.com/

Pre-orders close at 11/05/2023, so you will need patience and a long memory.
    Don't say nobody told ya!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Do the Polish use the concept of dates where it's day/month/year like some other European countries?

Looks interesting. The video cut short and I'd like to see more about it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

WOW! I never thought of that. So the pre-orders would close on May 11th then. That makes more sense, actually.
    Good catch!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's like they're only getting a few dollars per copy when you consider shipping costs, licensing, etc. It will of course be released digitally as well, but it's like they're giving away the physical version. Thankfully there are some people who are passionate about video game collecting still out there that they're doing this for us. I'll pick it up for that reason alone.

*edit*

I did watch the trailer as well though, not big on 2D walking simulators but it does look visually pleasing.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-16-2023 at 11:30 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

This does look like an interesting game, something very original in design. I wouldn't say it's a walking simulator as it seems like a real adventure game similar to The Neverhood with actual puzzles. The only negative I could say about it is it's length at around 2 hours which is very short, but with how the game environment is made the game length is fully understandable. It's really nice to see this available as a physical release, really not bad for a first game by this new developer which consists of just one person.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Videogamesplus.ca is offering the Switch and PS5 versions of PAPETURA for $29.99 CAD and claims to be the exclusive North American distributor for the game. No free shipping from them unless you spend $80+ though. The first deal from FEARDEMIC GAMES was the best deal, if you actually get the game. I often buy from videogamesplus and have had excellent experience. Get most of my Evercade stuff from them because they offer free shipping deals. Don't know how they are able to reprint so many games though. Must have connections somewhere.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Videogamesplus.ca is offering the Switch and PS5 versions of PAPETURA for $29.99 CAD and claims to be the exclusive North American distributor for the game. No free shipping from them unless you spend $80+ though. The first deal from FEARDEMIC GAMES was the best deal, if you actually get the game. I often buy from videogamesplus and have had excellent experience. Get most of my Evercade stuff from them because they offer free shipping deals. Don't know how they are able to reprint so many games though. Must have connections somewhere.
    That's funny, their physical retail store is close enough near me that I could actually visit it. It's not exactly close but I could travel there, if I really wanted to. I seem to remember them having another location previously that closed up years ago, I did visit that second location before. I didn't know they carried so many limited edition releases, I may need to keep this in mind. It's just nice that a retail store would actually be carrying them locally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Anybody receive their copies yet? I saw that the game's on the online store, and I don't subscribe to their newsletter or anything. I'm just wondering when the game will get shipped.

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They sent an email out a while ago saying that they hit more speed bumps then they were anticipating getting the physical made and it would be sometime in (I think, Im going off of memory) early 2024/Q1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leatherrebel5150 For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-18-2023)