The Duo went live today and neither version appears to have sold out yet. I was really nervous about getting one as they were a fixed quantity and not an open pre-order. Had my order in as soon as it opened.

I have a beautiful PC Engine collection, something at one time I thought I would never be able to afford. I started collecting video games by collecting shmups. Those weird ships, monsters and robots appealed to my love of horror, sci-fi and war films. Almost seems comical to me now because I don't care for the forced forward scrolling game play at all. Baltron and Xenon 2 are two of my favorites simply because they allow you to go backwards - retreat!
I used to look at the PC Engine shmup library at http://www.shmups.com/xenocidefiles/pcengine.html and drool at the pictures. My goodness that PC Engine had some pretty games! But it was a PC Engine game called Mr Heli that got me started collecting PCE games. I have a helicopter game collection and knew it would have to have a game with Heli in it's title. I'm sure the PC Engine is easy to emulate, but I'm not aware of a console release of a PC Engine compilation disc. The Evercade doesn't have PC Engine games either as I recall.
I bought two Japanese PC Engine Duo consoles modded to output in S-Video and RGB, both of which are easy to upscale to HDMI. But the CD drives are old and I am happy to have Analogue's modern version of the Duo.