Thread: Psone Qusetion..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Psone Qusetion..

does anybody know if the psone screen works with just the screen and battery without psone hooked up because i saw one with video input for only 40$CDN and battery for 20$CDN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Are you talking about Sony's own LCD screen for the PSOne? If so, then theoretically I suppose one could just use the battery and the screen and standalone devices as I believe power goes to the PSOne via a "throughport" which feeds both the display and the console.

The problem is that that screen, to the best of my knowledge, has a proprietary input connector, meaning one can only hook it to a PSOne and cannot accept composite input from another source. So this begs the question what would you use this screen for, if not the PSOne? Short of some hardware hacking, I can't see what alternate uses you would find for it.

Best to look at third-party devices that take composite input from any source. Intec makes some decent displays for PS2 that you might want to look at towards this end.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i saw a third party one at my local game store and had psone screen with video inputs and had a battery all for only 60 so that would be amazing deal portable screen for 60

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd only buy Sony LCD screens. Some of the third party screens (even the more expensive ones) are so awful that they cannot be played on. I recall a small scandal when it was found out that Interact (or Intec) was using used, older screens. I'd reccomend opening the box and trying the screen out first, no matter how much hassle it may be for the store clerk.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the adaptor you can get that at any radioshack. Also you can use the screen and battery without the psone. It will turn on when it detects a signal. I would get the sony brand over any other they just look so much more crisp and clear.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    I'd only buy Sony LCD screens. Some of the third party screens (even the more expensive ones) are so awful that they cannot be played on. I recall a small scandal when it was found out that Interact (or Intec) was using used, older screens. I'd reccomend opening the box and trying the screen out first, no matter how much hassle it may be for the store clerk.
    I've had 3 different ones and the Sony is the only one I'd reccomend. The other 2 had horrible contrast and brightness issues.