Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: games you're stuck in

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default games you're stuck in

Have any games you're stuck in that you can't seem to get through? Post yours, and maybe help me out with these:

GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY
    STUCK FOR: 6 months
    I bought all the property and completed all their missions. Completed all 100 "ice cream" sales, all taxi missions, Malibu Club missions, unlocked Phil's arsenal, completed all the auto dealership races, and now...I don't know. No missions are coming up. There doesn't seem to be anything else to do. No one is calling me on my cell. According to stats I'm only around 40 % complete. No I didn't enter any cheats.

CASTLEVANIA SOTN
    STUCK FOR: 2 years
    It looks like I have the entire castle on my map. There are some areas at the very top of the map that I can't reach because I can't jump high enough (yes I have the 2X jump). I'm guessing I need some type of bat or flying spell, but I don't know where to get it. I just keep running around the castle killing everything in sight and levelling up.

JET GRIND RADIO
    STUCK FOR: 3 years
    Does this game have an end? It seems to continuously give me the same missions (where I chase guys around in the city). It doesn't matter if I succeed or not, the same stuff always appears on the map.

ACE COMBAT 2
    STUCK FOR: 3 years
    Okay, this game I actually did complete, but it gives you a bonus mission that I can't get past so I never see the actual ending. In the bonus mission, a ship fires a missile. How do you shoot down that missile?

ARMORED CORE
    STUCK FOR: 5 years
    Does this game have an ending? Late in the game it seems like I get toasted, even if I pay for the very best weapons. And it only gives me 1 mission, instead of a choice of 2 or 3. I think my game might be broken.

DEMOLITION MAN
    STUCK FOR: 7 years
    When you go into the FPS part of this game, how do you (or can you) shoot Simon Phoenix? This part of the game is like Doom; you shoot all the bad guys, then chase Simon around for an eternity. The level right after this one is the driving level; I know this because I used a cheat code, but I'd like to do it legitimately.

GEX
    STUCK FOR: 7 years
    I can't get past the 2nd world. The problem is I can't find enough videotapes, so I can't save and preserve lives.

KUNG FU MASTER
    STUCK FOR: 16 years
    How do you beat the end boss of this game? I did it one time in the arcade version by pure luck, but have not since.

Funny enough, this list (with the exception of Demolition Man) reads like a collection of my all time favorite videogames. Go figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Advance Wars. The Final Battle is the spawn of satan. And I always get crummy characters for it, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    Advance Wars. The Final Battle is the spawn of satan. And I always get crummy characters for it, too.
    I'll second that...I was enjoying the game up until this point but now I have no desire to pick it up again for a long time.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is kind of embarassing...

Mega Man 4
    Stuck for: forever

Stupid Ring Man. I hate you.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suck at videogames, so I usually get stuck in every one of them (damn Yoshi's Story)...

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everquest.. just can't seem to finish it
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Mechassault....(XBOX Not playing online)

I need a code...some kind of code/cheat...Please...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy 7. I got to the end where you're supposed to climb down in the caves and finish off Sephiroth, and I haven't picked it up since. The main reason is because I never got any of that fancy stuff like "Knights of the Round," or whatever that spell is, that you supposedly should go after before taking on the end. The other reason was that I just didn't feel like finishing the game by the time I got that far. Does that count as "stuck" or just lazy?
    THE ODYSSEY
    http://www.odysseyzine.com
    For those who turn up the stereo when they turn on their games

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odysseyzine
    Final Fantasy 7. I got to the end where you're supposed to climb down in the caves and finish off Sephiroth, and I haven't picked it up since. The main reason is because I never got any of that fancy stuff like "Knights of the Round," or whatever that spell is, that you supposedly should go after before taking on the end. The other reason was that I just didn't feel like finishing the game by the time I got that far. Does that count as "stuck" or just lazy?

Dude, this is why God created the GameShark.

and it was good...

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odysseyzine
    Lazy.

You don't need any of the fancy stuff to beat Sephiroth - just a half-decent party will do.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilman
    You don't need any of the fancy stuff to beat Sephiroth - just a half-decent party will do.
    That's good to know! Maybe I'll try to complete it. I guess I am lazy. There was stuff in Final Fantasy 7 that I just didn't have the patience for, like all that Chocobo nonsense.
    THE ODYSSEY
    http://www.odysseyzine.com
    For those who turn up the stereo when they turn on their games

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

I've been stuck on stage 2 of Thunderblade for the SMS for at least 13 years. I also can't get past stage 4 of Shadow Of The Ninja for the NES... been stuck there for at least a decade.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most important one is:
    Saga Frontier (PSX) - Please, if anyone's played this, help me. When I got this game I started with Emelia, and I got all the way to the end of her quest, and to, what i assume is, the end boss. I have fought this thing for well over an hour, possibly two, and it won't go down!! Any suggestions?

PS2:
    Contra: SS - I don't actually like the game very much (it feels more like SNES contra than NES contra), so I have no desire to practice enough to beat it.

The Bouncer - There's an are with robots that's just plain annoying, and the game isn't good enough to inspire and perserverance.

Devil May Cry - I gave up on hard mode.

GCN:
    Hunter: The Reckoning - Okay, I actually like this game. Battled all the way to the end, but the end boss is a motherfucker. Not even sure exactly what i'm supposed to do to him.

GBA:
    Advance Wars - I thought I'd like this game since I like FF Tactics, and I did, at first. Now it's so boring that if I fail a mission, I can't stand to pick the game up for a week.

DC:
    Bangai-O! - There's some mission I'm on (in the twenties, maybe?) that I'll never pass.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CASTLEVANIA SOTN
    STUCK FOR: 2 years
    It looks like I have the entire castle on my map. There are some areas at the very top of the map that I can't reach because I can't jump high enough (yes I have the 2X jump). I'm guessing I need some type of bat or flying spell, but I don't know where to get it. I just keep running around the castle killing everything in sight and levelling up.
    Hey, Kid. Fire up the copy of SOTN (happens to be in my top 10 list of all time faves). Now check and see, do you have the gravity boots? These things let you do a Super Jump by pressing Down, Up, X, and you can even combo it over and over in the air to get to almost any height. If you dont have them, I pulled this off of gamefaqs about how to get them.

================================================== ===========================
    REVISIT TO THE MARBLE GALLERY
    Alucard's level: 28
    Items: None
    Monsters: *check Marble Gallery*
    ================================================== ===========================

You can use your Wolf to get through that long and annoying hallway. Keep
    going left until you reach the Giant Clock(where you had first met Maria).
    In here WEAR YOUR GOLD AND SILVER RINGs, they will open up the bottom path. First take the upper path and go upwards using your bat. When you reach up here to the right is the GRAVITY BOOTS relic, which will allow you to perform those super jumps like Richter can. To the left is a POTION, HAMMER, and a LIFE APPLE for your fairy to use whenever she needs it. Now just drop back straight down, you will land on the black lift, to the right is a LIFE MAX and a HEART MAX, and to the left is a save room. It isn't neccessary to save though.

Then when your done head down via the black lift. Meet up with Maria(once
    again, how did she get here? Is she some kind of genie?), she will have found
    out the Richter has joined forces with the enemy and tells you not to harm
    Richter. She gives you the HOLY GLASSES, they will help see through evil
    illusions. Also notice how the room she's in is upside down, hmmmm... how
    odd. Oh well, head out of here and back up to the right and continue back to the Outer Wall.
    Sounds accurate to my memory as well. Hope it helps you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Since June 1998 I've been stuck in Final Fantasy Tactics. It's been so long, I just need to restart, even though I was SO FRIGGIN CLOSE TO THE END.

Anything else I went back and beat this summer....start to finish.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default SOTN

Thanks WS, I'll try it out tonight. I don't believe I have the gravity boots. I don't know what area they're talking about, but I did meet Maria, so I guess I have been there.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metroid Fusion
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Kid- once you get thru the castle, you're only halfway done...technically.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64): Took me over two years to finish this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I never did get past the Elite Four in Pokemon Yellow. (Actually, I defeated Lance once, only to get trounced by Gary.) But I'll have to restart anyway if I want to use that new Mew code.
    ________
    Free Xxx Films
    Last edited by J'orfeaux; 04-01-2011 at 05:47 AM.