Thread: I love UK eBay sellers!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I love UK eBay sellers!

I buy alot of Master System games from the UK, and almost always, the sellers ship right away. In fact, I often recieve packages purchased from the UK faster than ones purchased at the same time from US sellers, and the shipping's nearly the same between the two. (usually due to being ripped off on shipping by the US sellers)
    Plus, I've never had a UK seller, who's auction stated "ship to UK only", refuse to sell to me after contacting them and asking nicely.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So do you commonly surf http://ebay.co.uk/ ?

"Will post to United Kingdom only" is commonplace there. :/

If you're searching ebay.com, then of course any UK auctions you find will ship to the US, but I have passed plenty of UK auctions, where they only ship within their country.
    Good stuff there thou. A shame really.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah, I always make sure to check ebay UK, in-fact, you'll find lots of "will ship worldwide" auctions that won't show up by searching eBay's US site.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My collection of US released SMS games is almost done so I always keep an eye out for auctions with UK games. My question is how do the prices compare, not including the shipping? The average lot of complete games here usually ends at 3-4 dollars a piece, would you say it's about the same there?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the majority of the games sell for about 2-3 GBP, and shipping's usually about 3-3.5 GBP, making the average single game purchase about $10 including shipping, though buying lots can get you better deals. And if you look hard enough you can get some games REAL cheap. I recently got Desert Speedtrap (roadrunner) complete for 0.5 GBP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Stay away from the UK and Australian auctions! Those are mine! I'm almost complete with my US collection as well and have been turning to the UK for lots of other SMS games.

Brian

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Raccoon, Im a loyal lot buyer whenever possible so that should help -- I can always get rid of the extras here.

@icbrkr (that's me sniping the auctions you want )

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can have the Aussie auctions, I HATE the SMS games manufatured by Ozzisoft; the crappy non-glossy brown labels, the texture on the cart, hell, even the box and insert are manufactured cheaply. The ONLY Aussie games I'd be interested in would be 4-PAK all action, and the rare silver plastic box/cart games. Not to mention I REALLY hate the "rental" boxes some of them come in (a hollow plastic clam-shell video tape style box made specifically for SMS)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are these carts that were only released in Australia? Or are the same UK and Australian games manufactured by different companies?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love UK eBayers! I've purchased three clamshell NGPC games for a fraction of the price that I wouldve payed from the average US seller, even after the dollar-pound conversion. UK eBay..how I love thee!
    http://www.2d-x.com
    The best 2D and 2.5D video games.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In australia, about 50% of the games were UK imports, and the other 50% were the same games as the UK imports, but manufactured (cheaply) in australia. 4-pak was the only unlicensed SMS game, and also the only Aussie only SMS game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a part-time UK Ebayer, and I always list games as worldwide as MS prices seem to vary quite a bit from country to country. I certainly wouldn't have got £88 for Powerstrike II had I just listed it as a UK only.

Strangely, I've been selling quite a bit of MS stuff lately - one guy has bought £250 worth of MS games over the past two months!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've also had great experiences dealing with UK sellers. Didn't know that I should be searching ebay.co.uk too though... thanks for the tip!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

http://www.ebay.co.uk -> Search -> Advanced Search -> Items Available to: Any Country.

All I need to find anything I want in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've actually had just the opposite experience. When I was looking for Intellivision Super Cobra & Tutankham I tried without success several times to get a U.K. seller who "ships to UK or Europe only" to send to me in the U.S.. even if I offered to pay any and all extra fees. I even asked UK colectors on this message board to help me out and bid for me with no luck. I ended up paying at least twice as much for those games as I should have because I couldn't ever get them from Europe. I was also ripped off by U.K. ebay seller retro-trader101 (retro-trader@talk21.com). He (like almost all other ebay U.K. sellers) listed his item as "will ship to U.K. only". I made arrangements to pay him in cash (British Pounds) and it ended up costing me $80 US for an Interton VC400 & some games. I never received anything and he is no longer an ebay user. Since I sent cash it is not covered by ebays insurance. I hope everyone has better luck than I have had.
    y-bot

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

You'd be surprised at how many UK sellers will send abroad as long as everything is covered. They just fail to tick that part of the auction when setting it up. As much as US sellers do the same, I believe all but 2 I've asked about shipping to the UK when the auction states "US only" have been fine to send to me. And that's a lot of sellers.

Bad luck on the rip-offs... eBay scum regardless of country are all the same

I ship worldwide and don't have a problem doing it. People don't help matters of course. I know at least one fellow UK seller who stopped sending abroad after a spate of Paypal chargebacks on items he sold. Hence he only takes cheques on UK accounts and waits for them to be cashed before sending. You can't blame him there. The minority of bad users makes life harder in a little way for the majority of the honest ones...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, if anyone wants to see what one of those "silver plastic" Aussie games looks like, check this auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....category=36618