Thread: Oh yeah, some stuff FA. DUCK HUNT! DUCK HUNT! DUCK HUNT!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Oh yeah, some stuff FA. DUCK HUNT! DUCK HUNT! DUCK HUNT!

So I've got some things up for auction right now. Nothing special.

Next week, however, there will be some superfly Intellivision stuff, including Boxed Complete Dig Dug and Diner!, two R7 Intellivision titles. Be sure to check it out! I'll bump this topic when they go up.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&since=-1&rd=1

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not that i'm an ebay expert. but i did some hard time in the sealed nes category. you're burning your own pocketbook by posting all those at the same time. every sealed game or game out of the ordinary post......no matter how many you have......post one at a time.........and make sure nobody else has one listed currently. with rare, or harder to find items i should say........if there is more than one.......the first one will bring bucks.......the second more......and the third highest........if you post seperately......not running any of them at the same time ever.......you get the most for all of them because they all bid as if there may never be another. just my thoughts

EDIT: one more thing.....i've owned black box games with the horizontal seal. 4 actually, one excitebike and 3 copies of kung fu. and i've also heard that not all black box titles had the seal as almost all NES games do. but all i've heard of was the horizontal seal and a sticker that covered the flap......a round one. NOT to state you're a liar.......just FYI stuff.....for all i know they could have made a million just like these.......cuz i didn't work for nintendo at the time.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Duly Noted. I fixed that little problem. As for the sealing of the games, I don't see any reason to believe that the games were not sealed by Nintendo. They were sold to me by Nintendo directly, so I think they should be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fluke,
    Are gonna still auction off those Nintendo hotline binders you have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What, he has more, besides the ones Dave bought at CGE?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punkoffgirl
    What, he has more, besides the ones Dave bought at CGE?
    He said in another thread that he has one binder and I think its different than the two dave has. Either way, I want it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to, but I'm hesitant to post something like that on eBay, since Nitendo might take it down. Perhaps I can do a DP only thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What's a hotline binder?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2

EDIT: one more thing.....i've owned black box games with the horizontal seal. 4 actually, one excitebike and 3 copies of kung fu. and i've also heard that not all black box titles had the seal as almost all NES games do. but all i've heard of was the horizontal seal and a sticker that covered the flap......a round one. NOT to state you're a liar.......just FYI stuff.....for all i know they could have made a million just like these.......cuz i didn't work for nintendo at the time.
    I believe some NES black box games DID have the seal, but not all of them. Remember there are two different versions of nearly every black box. The initial release black box games are different, on the top in the middle of the back of the box, there is a piece of the cardboard that can be used as a "hanger" for display purposes (for the retail stores to sell them). These games (I am pretty sure) DID NOT have a horizontal seal on them, but the second version black box games (without the cardboard hanger, normal back of the box) did have the horizontal seal. Don't take what I am saying as the gospel, it has been a while since I have checked my sealed NES stuff or seen the difference.

There were some other changes made when Nintendo released the second version of the black box. The cartridges started to shift away from the 5 screws on the back to the 3 screws (eventually the screws changed from the easy open ones with a regular screwdriver to the security screw that they still used up until the N64 was done).

I know a little off topic , but just wanted to back up Anotherfluke. I have bought a sealed SNES game from him and I would stand by his auctions gladly! If he says it is new and sealed, that is good enough for me!

Danny

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Danny!

What you've said goes along with what I've got. Two of the DH games I have are normal, but the third DH game actually has the cut for the 'hangar' on it. All three are sealed w/o the line, but in such a way as to be unique. If you have a Factory Sealed Atari 7800 game, then you can see the method for sealing, which essentially has the line that normally goes across the back going along both sides and the bottom edge of the game pak. I'd be willing to say that I can now identify the two types of seal used by Nintendo for Black label game paks. Another bit of info: All three games have the clear plastic sticker hangar which replaced the cardboard one. This piece has molded into it the words "DO - IT SOUTH HAVEN MI US - - -" imprinted on them. Perhaps someone else can verify that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    What's a hotline binder?!
    The Hotline Binder is the Blue Binders that Game Play Counselors used to answer questions on Nintendo's 900 line back in the 80's/early 90's. In 1994 The counselors switched to a pre-HTML hypertext styled browser and ditched the Blue Binders. Almost all of them were thrown away, save for a few kept by some of the Counselors.

You can see an example of the Blue Hotline Binders in the Fred Savage masterpiece The Wizard.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherfluke
    Another bit of info: All three games have the clear plastic sticker hangar which replaced the cardboard one. This piece has molded into it the words "DO - IT SOUTH HAVEN MI US - - -" imprinted on them. Perhaps someone else can verify that for me.
    More than likely the name of the company who made the plastic hanger (I am sure nintendo outsourced for all of their packaging material, most companies do.)

Danny