Thread: My Saturn controller is broken

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Saturn controller is broken

Brought it at the market today for a couple of bucks. Whipped it home, thought 'cool, it works'. Few minutes later, 'argh, no it doesn't'.

The left arrow on the d-pad doesn't work, and neither does the A button. It's a first gen Saturn control. I opened it up, but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Help? Any idea?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, nevermind, I got it working!

I'm sorta new to this whole 'opening console thingys up'. I had to fiddle around with the contacts, gave all the innards a good cleaning with my trusty white eraser and yellow cloth, and then had one hell of a time trying to get it all back together. The right shoulder button is giving me a bit of a trouble, but I've heard first gen Saturn controllers were notorius for it, so I'm not that worried.

Plus all for $5! I bet that lady thought she'd robbed me.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$5 Australian ? Thats pretty damn good
    I payed $45 for mine, but it came with 2 controllers and they were the slick round ones (as opposed to the right-angle kind).
    Does this mean I have another competitor for the slim saturn pickings on ebay.com.au ?

Err, on topic- Ill have to remember that white eraser tip, for when one of my 4 saturn controllers goes south.

-SMi

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*slaps self*

No, I mean it was $5 for just the controller. I'm not complaining, though, because it's the only Saturn thing I've seen at fleas, EVER. A bit of SNES, Genesis and Master System stuff, but nothing else. Or maybe it's just that my local market is pathetic or something. (Got my Saturn and most of my games from Cash Converters, although they don't have much... Saturn was $36 bucks because they had some special sale on at the time, and games are like $10 each. Not bad.)

That's a nay to eBay.au, dude. Parents are pretty strict about eBay, because you first have to convince them to let you buy something off there, THEN actually win the auction, then make them full out the direct debit or other payment info. And hi. Always nice to meet another local gamer.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I probably should have read that a little closer.
    Theres not much on ebay AU anyway, right now theres a meagre 33 saturn auctions and you could probably get most of the games via good old shopping around anyway.
    That reminds me, ill have to check if my local games place has any new games, or if they realised that nobody is gonna pay $40 for Virtua fighter 2

-SMi

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, there's nothing good on the bay at the moment, just like my local Cash Converters. They must have over two dozen Saturn games at the moment (compared to like the 15 I saw a week ago), but they're all commons, and stuff I don't really want. Damn you, Brisbane Cash Converters! I once saw a cool one in Sydney when I was up there visiting.

Do you know if Cash Converters has a national restock date or something, or is it random to the particular store? I also think they move the merchandise from store to store after a while, if it doesn't sell, which would explain why the amount of games seem to fluctuate a lot.