Thread: Best way to store games and console I am not using?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best way to store games and console I am not using?

I am about to put 95% of my games into storage in my closet, for http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19786This reason.

I was wondering, what is the best way to store games and consoles so that dust won't collect onto them while they are in storage?

Thanks for any replies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Before I finished my shelving, I stored all of my games and systems in Sterilite and Rubbermaid bins. I had some that were large enough to hold a system and games and some shallow ones that fit under the bed for more cartridges. Since the lid goes over the top edges, dust rarely gets inside. Stuff I had stored for 2-3 years had almost no dust at all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had thought of putting alot of them in several Ziplock pound bags and then putting them in those big containers, not sure if that would take care of it or not though.

Pac-Man (Level 10) atomicthumbs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd go to a U-Haul store, buy a large-ass roll of bubble wrap, get some boxes and go to work. So, when she lets you collect again, I mean, uh, you recover your passion for games, everything will be in top notch shape (even if the boxes get banged around a little).

"Gamera is really neat --- He is filled with turtle meat --- We all love you Ga-me-ra!"
    - MST3K

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

find a box. find big clear plastic bags......good plastic too, not grocery bag type stuff. some some stuff in one bag, tie a knot with all the air out. if there is a large amount of one thing, put the bag in the bottom of the box. stack stuff in it until it's good enough, tie it shut. i have my baseball cards stored like this......but this may not be a good idea if it's not in a safe space. not to make you sound like trailer trash......but i think everybody has small bugs and perhaps rodents in their house at one time. maybe once every couple years but wouldn't that suck if he got into your games. so maybe keep them out of the basement and double layer the plastic. just some suggestions though......

also, you could use black trash bags but......if you ever want to get something out, you'll spend a day opening bags to find the right thing unless you label them.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Get yourself some dessicant bags and put them in there with the cartridges/electronics you plan on storing long term, too. These absorb errant moisture in the air and prevent the threat of corriosion, no matter how minimal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

i usually use my shrinkwrap machine, and it ends up like the sausage up there

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by l_lamb
    Before I finished my shelving, I stored all of my games and systems in Sterilite and Rubbermaid bins. I had some that were large enough to hold a system and games and some shallow ones that fit under the bed for more cartridges. Since the lid goes over the top edges, dust rarely gets inside. Stuff I had stored for 2-3 years had almost no dust at all.
    That's what I do with most of my stuff. Keeps it nice and clean. The big thing is the HUMIDITY of where you are storing the stuff. Make sure it is a very dry place. I store my stuff in my basement, I don't have a humidity problem and don't live near a floodzone so my stuff is pretty safe. Buy those huge bins, they also make it easy to move your stuff as well!

Danny