Thread: Sega Master System wanted, No controllers or RF needed

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Master System wanted, No controllers or RF needed

I'm looking for an SMS and a power supply. The power supply I had didn't work so I made one and fried my SMS. Anyone have a cheap SMS and power supply they would be willing to sell? All I really have for trade is some 2600 commons and a loose N64 Castlevania Legacy of Darkness. Email me: john_drzal@natcity.com

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, you really didn't have to "make one," you could have just used a Genesis model 1 power supply or the power supply from a Sega CD, or an Atari Jaguar. Also alot of those universal power supplies with the 3 leads on them, work as well.

Something like 9vDC at 800MA-1A should work just fine.

Just a question, How do you know it's fried? Did it emit smoke or start to smell?

Since you're asking for a power supply, I'm assuming you haven't tried to test it out since you think you fried it. Are you sure it doesn't work?

I did have one, but may have thrown it away. It didn't work properly. The #1 controller port was messed up I believe. Everytime you started a game, it would automatically go in one direction reqardless of whether you were pressing the pad, or even going in the opposite direction. It may could be fixed if there are salvageable parts off of yours. If thats your type of thing. I would send it for cost of shipping assuming I still have it. But seriously these things are so cheap it'd be easier just to buy another.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default @video_game_addict

I didn't have any of the power supplies that you mentioned so I used one I thought was close enough. It worked for a few minutes. Then the power light on my unit went out and the picture and sound were gone. I tested my homemade power supply and it still works. However the SMS is dead, no smoke, no fire, no nothing!! I might be interested in your unit. It will depend on what shipping comes out to. Do you have the power supply? Let me know if you find it. My zip is 44212.