Thread: Official Infinium Labs Phantom FORUM. Flame Away!

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Official Infinium Labs Phantom FORUM. Flame Away!

Infinium Labs Launches Forum
    for Phantom GAme System

Sarasota, Florida — October 9, 2003 — Infinium Labs announced today it has launched an official forum for an ever-growing group of avid gamers and friends who are interested in the Phantom Game System and the PhantomNet - VPGN (Virtual Private Game Network).

Forum participants must register at www.phantom.net/forum. The forum also may be reached through links at www.infiniumlabs.com and www.phantom.net.

“We created the forum as a community environment were participants can follow the Phantom Game System progress and as a place to make friends with people who share common interests,” commented Timothy M. Roberts, President and CEO of Infinium Labs. “We expect the forum will grow in the months ahead and we will make every effort to post the most up to date information about the Phantom Game Systems and our PhantomNet - VPGN.”

Currently, the forum includes the following topics: News Releases, General Questions, Inquiries, Photos and a Suggestion Box. The content will be expanded over time.

Infinium Labs’ Phantom™ next-generation game system supports games on demand, game rentals, game demos, seamless upgrades and patch management. At launch, the Phantom™ will be the fastest, most powerful console on the market and will include a broad selection of pre-loaded games, on-demand games and game rentals.

The Phantom™ is an always-on broadband device, which will allow gamers a wealth of options, from wireless connectivity to massive multiplayer capabilities, allowing gamers to demo games before purchasing or subscribing. For more information on the Phantom Game System™, please visit www.phantom.net.

About Infinium Labs

Infinium Labs is an industry-leading global entertainment and interactive game company. Infinium Labs has developed and is marketing its flagship product the Phantom™ Game System, a leading edge and intuitive game and delivery system that is the performance leader in the interactive entertainment industry. Founded and managed by senior interactive media, entertainment and technology leaders with proven industry experience and success, Infinium Labs markets a robust game system that appeals to a wide audience of interactive gamers with its ease of use, quality assurance and robust delivery system. For more information, please visit www.infiniumlabs.com or www.phantom.net.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was there this morning... it was FULL of people arguing about how fake the console is...
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Registering as I write this.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I registered this morning and posted a few times before the big crowd joined in. Now it's just a sea of "this is a bullshit fraud" with tons of allegations against the company CEO. I spent about a half hour reading through posts hoping for something useful.

I want that half hour of my life back. Only being chosen as a beta tester will pacify me now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In reply To the HardOCP article (yet another posting of it), Timmy (who is unregistered on his own forums) wrote:

That is slander. I have promptly sent that URL to my lawyers and we will begin ligitation as soon as possible.

They are just upset that we chose not to advertise our great console on their horrible site.

It's sad how low some people will go.

-timmy

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Thank CHRIST! Now some of the heat's off of us!
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Screw it, that post sucked. Timmy's pretty big to say he's gonna prosecute for slander already :P

That said, there's some REALLY funny stuff going on there. Fake visits by John Carmack (name misspelt) and Bill Gates. Lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

They already get my "this is lame" stamp - you cannot get on their site without an Intel based processor?! I tried with both IE 5.2 and Safari on my OS X box but the page does nothing. On the right, it states you must have a P3 or higher to enter... what?!

Sure I could switch over to my XP box, but it's the principle of the matter...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr
    They already get my "this is lame" stamp - you cannot get on their site without an Intel based processor?! I tried with both IE 5.2 and Safari on my OS X box but the page does nothing. On the right, it states you must have a P3 or higher to enter... what?!

Did you take the period off of the URL?
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek

Did you take the period off of the URL?
    How else would I have seen it requires a P3 or higher to enter?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is impossible. A web browser should never have that type of access to your hardware. I mean, think about the low level violation of the protected browser space you'd have to get in order to pick out chip information. Now, if they wanted to base it on OS, that could be done... but separating Intel chips from AMD chips and so on just isn't going to happen in a web page.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chadtower
    This is impossible. A web browser should never have that type of access to your hardware. I mean, think about the low level violation of the protected browser space you'd have to get in order to pick out chip information. Now, if they wanted to base it on OS, that could be done... but separating Intel chips from AMD chips and so on just isn't going to happen in a web page.
    Actually Windows registry holds the info on what kind of processor you have. So wouldn't the web site just have to access your OS ?
    It may not be a case of it not being possible for a AMD chip to work , but just the makers of the website being Intel Fanboys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um. I had no problem registering for the forums and I only have a P2.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, but the registry isn't open for anyone to just read when they feel like, thankfully. The P3 "requirement" is really a suggestion I'm sure. I guess there's lots of cpu intensive BS that distarcts you from the boards? I may have to go look at this from home out of curiosity now... there's no reason you should need anything for that.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    Actually Windows registry holds the info on what kind of processor you have. So wouldn't the web site just have to access your OS ?
    It may not be a case of it not being possible for a AMD chip to work , but just the makers of the website being Intel Fanboys.
    NO. The web browser operates with what is referred to as the "protected browser space". That means that the browser only has a certain area of the OS to which it has access for web purposes. This is basically so that web pages can't do things like make system calls and destroy your machine or query your hard drive without your permission (a user initiated command is considered permission for things like saving files and such).

Now, since IE is so heavily tied to windows, it does violate this in a lot of ways... but not in any way I've ever heard of that would allow a server to be able to pick out the manufacturer of your processor. The TYPE of processor, perhaps indirectly via the OS you're running, but not the manufacturer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More than likely, it's simply reading the OS type from the user-agent portion of the HTTP request header.

The 'you must have a P3' thing is just a smoke screen. It should be worded like 'for the best experience, we recommend at least a P3'.