Thread: need some quick advice......

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default need some quick advice......

ok guys, i just sold a small NES instructions lot on ebay for $20. and i don't post shipping prices as i wait until it is over. so i get his zip code and get him a quote.

$4.75 for parcel post
    $5.25 for priority mail

he's only like a state away, so he sends me payment. he sends me $24.00. so what am i supposed to do with that? i hate to push around but 75 cents is a lot of cash considering ebay took some of that and so did paypal. and on a $20 auction i can hardly justify the fact that he underpaid me. should i email him and tell him to send me 75 cents. i mean......JESUS. if it was a board member i wouldn't care. but if anything, people should round it up......not down. i really don't know what this guy is thinking and i would love everybodies feedback as to how i should approach this guy. should i just eat it and forget it?

Mark

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eat it and charge 75 cents more on the next one.
    It's all good.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good idea, i'd still like to drive over this guys head with my car. i've never had somebody underpay me.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sell all the time and I put USA only.
    And my favorite is when people BIN and pay immediately with pay-pal and pay the $3.00 shipping charge. But they're in Canada or France,etc.Like I don't notice .
    So I'll usually ship it 3-4 weeks boat , to teach them a lesson.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So send it media mail for $2 and keep the rest. If he can't follow directions the heck with him.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Its your call -- you can either eat the difference of send the cheapest way possible and explain that in a e-mail to him. Maybe send the e-mail, wait a day to see if he responded, then mail?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Your shipping books, so you can ship it media mail for about $2-$2.50 and it will get there the same time as parcel post.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well.......the problem with media mail is the guy where i ship things is a real dick. he always asks what it is. and i come up with something new everytime thinking it will work.......and it never does. if it's not educational then it's nearly impossible to get it sent MM. i tried sending Zelda for GC media mail since the guy who bought it lives about an hour from here and said it was a cd rom. and he asked if it was educational. i said no.......and bam. i hate this post office. they're good with getting lines through and great with help but total dicks about media mail........

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I once accidently underpaid by Aus. $1.00 which is like 60c american. The seller asked me to pay the extra dollar, but they were really nice about it.
    I apologized, paid the dollar and it was positive feedbacks for everyone

And it was for something that was like Aus. $30 ,so if they are reasonable enough you should get that all mighty dollar

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well underpaying by a round figure would make sense, but underpaying 75 cents.........it honestly seems like he looked up how much shipping would be.....decided it was less and paid less. because shipping is less. i think it was like $4.10, and i threw on the $.45 or .55 or w/e it is for Delivery confirmation.......and decided 10-20 cents just in case........i don't care.....i'll ship it media.....and he'll like it.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I buy a lot on Ebay and wouldn't consider underpaying someone. I say you should ask for the rest and "make" him pay. Of course, be polite about it.

Dave
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had this done to me a few times now and every time I send the seller an email pointing out that I've noticed that he paid less than the shipping amount that I'd already quoted and ask him to pay the difference.

At first I thought that the buyer made an error but lately I get the impression that the buyer just thinks that I either won't notice or won't care.

Screw that, I won't be manipulated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    well.......the problem with media mail is the guy where i ship things is a real dick. he always asks what it is. and i come up with something new everytime thinking it will work.......and it never does. if it's not educational then it's nearly impossible to get it sent MM. i tried sending Zelda for GC media mail since the guy who bought it lives about an hour from here and said it was a cd rom. and he asked if it was educational. i said no.......and bam. i hate this post office. they're good with getting lines through and great with help but total dicks about media mail........
    The post office near my home is used to me by now. They know that I regularly sell software and videogames and ship media regularly. They don't ask or care what I ship anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    The post office near my home is used to me by now. They know that I regularly sell software and videogames and ship media regularly. They don't ask or care what I ship anymore.
    exact same thing with me. I've shipped almost 1000 packages and they never question me. They evan call me a "regular" , but I do get some perks, like sometimes when they are busy and I have only a few packages, they will open an axrta line for me, check me out and then close it.....really nice of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

go to usps.com and print out the regulations for sending a Media Mail package and take them with you when you mail the package. I've had to do it a few times. Just because someone works at the post office doesn't mean they know the proper regulations. I've had to correct them on many occasions.

y-bot